How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

That is not my problem I'm just not sure about D&D writting...I can't be the only one who feels that way am I?

I know I have concerns about D&D's ability to handle all the new characters and new locations and things sort of splinter and decentralize beginning next season.

Perhaps adapting these books to TV was beyond anyone's ability, but this season more than the previous have given me cause for concern that they simply aren't up to it. Next season will tell us that I suppose.

The episode felt so flat. Even the Tyrion & Tywin scene was underwhelming. Although I will not bash the absence of LS, D&D missed a golden opportunity to end with a bang. Oh well, I probably won't watch the show again until Winds comes out.

7/10

Weakest episode of the season, imo. The pacing seemed way off compared to other episodes.

Things that I did not like:

- Leaf throwing fireballs was some SyFy crap. I am not a book purist but seeing how this turned out, they should've kept Coldhands

- Jojen's body exploding

- The Hound and Brienne, another unnecessary action scene, blah.

- Tywin / Shae / Tyrion, also Jaime coming to rescue Tyrion felt underwhelming

- Stannis coming to save the day felt like evil king coming to stomp on the poor man-eating, women-and-children-killing freefolk.

Oh I forgot, they managed to somehow white wash the fucking slavery! Seriously?! An old guy wanted to leave because he didn't know better, not because the conditions were terrible under Dany....Again, I usually defend this show from unfair scrutiny...but my God..

Revising my vote from 8 to 7, I guess...

(Honestly, could people just vote what they actually feel, and not focus on counter-voting people? You all end up polarizing the votes, and while this largely cancels itself out, it's still asinine.)

Calm down it was a joke. I even voted a 9. If you actually changed your vote to counter-vote though that would be pretty funny since you complain about that exact thing in the comment. And it wasn't a counter-vote anyway, it was meant to represent added enjoyment due to the meltdowns in this this thread and the meltdowns coming from people who haven't watched the show yet.

Edited by Reznak mo Reznak

Yep I probably would have given it an 8 up until Tyrion's scene. No Lancel, no Tysha, just Shae. That's why it got a 6.

Edited to add: She really doesn't even say anything to Tyrion, just tries to attack him. Just felt like they mangled the whole sequence.

Edited by TheImpThatRides

Aarrrrgh... No... Just no.. I gave it a 2. Minus 1 point for the following:

1) Stannis: no STANNIS! chant, and the whole scene focuses on Jon.

2) Jaime x Cersei: so apparently they love each again?

3) Cersei telling Tywin the truth: of course it won't matter as Tywin is dead, but still... WTF?? Book!Cersei is not stupid, and that was stupid as fuck.

4) The Hound: way too white-washed.

5) Jaime x Tyrion: scene was super rushed, and they leave as best buddies ever.

6) Tyrion whitewashing. WTF? Shae's murder was almost self defense!! Where's our beloved Dark Tyrion?! Apparently the show decided people would stop watching if they portrayed morally ambiguous (as in, interesting) characters. Well, now I'm stopping watching (Nah, actually, I'm not, cause I'm weak, but I should).
7) No Tysha scene.

8) No LS.

10 for Sandor Clegane, Arya, Bran & co., Brienne! and those poor baby dragons chained up, and because I chose to ignore several things. Cersei telling the truth to her father. Umm, no. No explanation of Tysha / Tyrion & Jaime's role in it - stop whitewashing Tyrion! Now he'll never know where whores go! And Shae? I mean, book Shae made sense - she was just a whore. TV Shae seemed to care even at trial, but she ends up in the bed still - why??? 7 for the season. This doesn't top season 3.

I couldn't agree more. I hate the resurrection plots. GRRM prides himself on killing main characters, but he needs to let them die.

Then perhaps this series is not for you two, as the prologue set it up as a big part. Not everyone likes the dragons or magic either but they're all part of the big picture. I'm just disappointed the show runners did not end with the book ending because they claim to be adapting the books, yet do a poor and biased job. It wasn't just this omission though. I've already had one foot out the door, so to speak, and this plus last week has lost all my confidence in the showrunners

The episode felt so flat. Even the Tyrion & Tywin scene was underwhelming. Although I will not bash the absence of LS, D&D missed a golden opportunity to end with a bang. Oh well, I probably won't watch the show again until Winds comes out.

I am leaning towards that myself. More for the notion that as we get closer to the series catching up with the books, and the show 'previews' character fates, I don't want to know if characters (like LSH?) are in the end expendable and not worth the time to introduce.

This may be it for me, not for enjoying the show, I really have some problems how the producers are working with the source material and I do so love the books. I started watching the TV show because of the books, not the other way around.

Edited by mickyd

What makes you think they're going to have her next season?

The actress playing Cat wont be busy working on the show 24 for one thing.

Seriously if you want the real reason why you didn't get your precious Stone Heart, that's it. Michell Fairley is a main character on 24 and probably was too busy to return to A Game of Thrones only to film one scene.

Rating the show as a stand alone entity gave it a higher rating than viewing it as an adaptation. I was most disappointed in Tywin and Tyrion's conversation and in the lack of LS. The gems were FrankenGregor and Cersei's attempt to belittle Tywin. Best things were Bran warging Hodor and Arya's off to Braavos scene.

I miss LS like everyone else, but you can't rate an episode based on future scripts you wish were in there earlier.

The Tyrion scenes were beautifully shot, tense, and the BEAUTIFUL HAUNTING MUSIC - plucking "Rains of Castermere" into choral main theme - just amazing..... the Tyrion stuff alone earned a 10 for the episode all by themselves.