How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

The skeleton scene was brilliant, especially seeing it again in IMAX.

If I need to see something on a TV show at IMAX to make it look good, then I feel it's not been done well.

They still look like Jason and the Argonauts skeletons to me, I'm not even bothered about the whole wights/muscle/blue eyes thing. The scene was also really poorly edited or something, because there are things like Meera pushing over Jojen for some reason.

Also, Pantomime costumes for the CotF. And Albus Bloodraven.

If I need to see something on a TV show at IMAX to make it look good, then I feel it's not been done well.

They still look like Jason and the Argonauts skeletons to me, I'm not even bothered about the whole wights/muscle/blue eyes thing. The scene was also really poorly edited or something, because there are things like Meera pushing over Jojen for some reason.

Totally totally agree!

I like the skeletons because there are lots of skeletons on the floor of the cave, leading me to think that Jojen died because Bloodraven didn't want him around to counsel Bran against certain things that Bloodraven wants to do, which makes him much more sinister because it implies that he himself had a hand in raising the wights. I don't think that it is also inconsistent for the wights to be decomposed skeletons, that's why you have to burn them after all: unless incinerated they will come back to life.

Mance deciding to stand down instead of fight

Jojen dying, the terrible looking skeletons, the CotF throwing fireballs

Brienne fighting the hound and then somehow completely losing Arya and not even bothering to check if she went and checked on the hound after

No Lady Stoneheart

No Tysha

No Jamie/ Tyrion conflict which is a major driving force for both characters from here on out

Cersei telling Tywin about her and Jamie

I've been watching you, with a thousand eyes and two

It was one of my favorite episodes, so I'll give it a 9.

Good:

Jon and Mance

Jon and Tormund

Stannis's charge

Jon, Mance, and Stannis

Ygritte's funeral

Brienne vs. the Hound

Arya leaves the Hound

Arya leaves on a boat to Braavos

Qyburn experimenting of Gregor

Cersei and Tywin

Shae's death

Tywin's death

Neutral:

No Lady Stoneheart (never liked her as a character)

No Tysha (I agree that she would have made the scene more powerful, but I think Tywin's death was still a strong moment for Tyrion

Bloodraven's appearance

Bad:

Skeleton wights

Fireballs

Jojen's death (not that he died, just that his death could have been handled better)

• 1 month later...

Um, what? She clearly pushed him over to protect him because he was too weak to fight. In the previous scene he fell over in the snow, too sick to continue just as they arrived to the tree. Not to mention he has been ill most of the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Skeletons? I just.... I....

The only thing I could do was just to laugh. Loudly.

I mean, just WHY couldn't they've just been wights?

All of a sudden these new creatures, who just seem to be randomly designed and not really belonging in the GoT universe, shows up out of nowhere with freakish speed - and then it gets worse when this COTF-girl starts chucking FIREBALLS at them! No words. Just laughter.

There are moments like these that really spoil the good ones - and that's why I feel like commenting on this now, well after I saw this episode. Still, the only season I'll ever go back to is Season 1 - where the atmosphere and setting was way more on point and enjoyable. This show has mainly lost itself more and more from then on.

• 11 months later...

It really is an awesome episode. Definitely on my top three list of all episodes. Tyrion's arc especially was extremely good, when he kills Tywin, and when he and Varys get on the boat to the sound of bells ringing, just wow... All in all the entire episode just made me super-excited for season five.