[BOOK SPOILERS] Fate of Jojen Reed

Bringer of Rain

I hope that this is the correct area to post this.

In the most recent episode of Game of Thrones (Season 4 Finale), Jojen was killed by White Walkers (or the skeletons from Dragon's Lair).

Do you think it's possible for the Jojen Paste theory to survive after this?

Tag this with "Show spoilers" as a mínimum.

I got warned because of something like this.

I agree.

So, after the last Game of Thrones episode can we dismiss the Jojen paste theory?

We can reasonably conclude that he dies. How is another matter.

For the record, I never believed the Children of the Forest murdered Jojen and fed him to Bran.

I took it as a point for the Jojen paste theory. If you take from this episode that D&D know major story arcs, and Jojen is not neccessary going forward, then his arc is complete. Extrapolate that to the books and there is no place for Jojen to go and his death seems more likely. The fact that his sacrifice serves a greater purpose in the book is more poetic, but it doesn't really change the fact that his arc is done. I like the Jojen paste theory better than him dying on the doorstep of the children.

I don't get why people are soooo broken up over this. He was basically dead-weight in the show. IN the books he's just insufferable. To me, his death adds so much more than him being alive.

When he was alive, Jojen's job was to expose BRan to the supernatural. Well, guess what? Bloodraven can do that now.

Also, with Jojen dead, it gives Meera's character more dimension and flavor as she has to grow now without Jojen.

Jojen was never ever that important- in either the show or the book and his demise is perfectly acceptable and goes a long way to show the dangers and pitfalls of this universe.

It seems to show that Jojen's primary role was in simply getting Bran to the cave, and that after he's pretty incidental (or Jojen paste is, God forbid, actually a thing and D&D said, "Fuck that, just kill him before they get to the cave").

Maybe the question you should actually be asking is not, "Why did Jojen die at this point?" but rather, "Why is Meera still alive?"

to OP:

hardly. this death and Jojen Paste aren't mutually exclusive, and this does confirm that Jojen dies. The 'how' might have been considered inconsequential enough for the writers to simply kill off Jojen now and not waste time implying/explaining Jojen Paste later

I don't get why people are soooo broken up over this. He was basically dead-weight in the show. IN the books he's just insufferable. To me, his death adds so much more than him being alive.

When he was alive, Jojen's job was to expose BRan to the supernatural. Well, guess what? Bloodraven can do that now.

Also, with Jojen dead, it gives Meera's character more dimension and flavor as she has to grow now without Jojen.

Jojen was never ever that important- in either the show or the book and his demise is perfectly acceptable and goes a long way to show the dangers and pitfalls of this universe.

Jojen did plenty in the books. He's a pretty important character. Just 'cause you're not a fan of him doesn't make him useless.

Show-Jojen on the other hand WAS useless.

Archived