[BOOK SPOILERS] Fate of Jojen Reed

Bringer of Rain

Wrong. They spent a week visiting Martin last year getting detailed complete information on every character and plot for this exact purpose. They know pretty much everything.

Martin hasn't even finished writing the story you know. It's all subject to change. Of said catch up, he even said;

Still writing book six, The Winds of Winter, Martin noted that not all of the pieces of the puzzle are in place. “I can give them the broad strokes of what I intend to write, but the details aren’t there yet," he tells Vanity Fair. "I’m hopeful that I cannot let them catch up with me.”

So this idea that everything the show portrays is some empirical representation of what's coming is the books is so shaky a ground to stand on. Martin by his own admission hasn't worked out "the details" yet. By Martin's claim they know, literally, the phrase I used "broad strokes".

So pretending we know, based on how they've adapted what Martin has said (and remember, they're under no obligation to adapt it as Martin writes it) is like a very dodgy game of telephone.

And to be honest, they haven't changed anything significant regardless of what some people say. A few more minor characters are dead, a few things happened in different ways. It's not like they changed major character deaths, or made story-altering changes.

The only big change I can think of is the non-existence of Willas and Garlan Tyrell, which might have an impact on the development of the upcoming battles between the Ironborn and the Reachmen.

I'm surprised that anyone thinks that there's still the possibility of Jojen paste on the show. It seemed pretty obvious to me that the fireball was for the purpose of cremating Jojen's body so that it couldn't be wighted. The point was underlined by having two other references in the same episode to the importance of cremation (Jon's line to Stannis, then later cremations at the Wall). So I don't see any chance of Sho-jen paste.

I don't get why people are soooo broken up over this. He was basically dead-weight in the show. IN the books he's just insufferable. To me, his death adds so much more than him being alive.

When he was alive, Jojen's job was to expose BRan to the supernatural. Well, guess what? Bloodraven can do that now.

Also, with Jojen dead, it gives Meera's character more dimension and flavor as she has to grow now without Jojen.

Jojen was never ever that important- in either the show or the book and his demise is perfectly acceptable and goes a long way to show the dangers and pitfalls of this universe.

well said

Did Meera pull a NissaNissa there at the end? A Mercy kill? Hard to tell but seems like it... especially the sound effects and her face.

She cut his throat, yeah. Though I'd hardly call Nissa Nissa's death euthanasia.

She cut his throat, yeah. Though I'd hardly call Nissa Nissa's death euthanasia.

Did she? I couldn't tell. I thought she was going to give him the gift of mercy, but then it looked like she ran away instead...and Leaf took him out with her grenade, LOL.

Jojen did not appear to be afraid to die. I have a feeling his spirit will still be part of the show somehow...he is not a warg but I wonder if he will still be part of Bran's journey but not in human form.

I am more interested in Meera and what the future holds for her. In the book Bran seems to be a little in love with her (an adolecent love)....but that does not seem to be the case in the HBO series.

Hmmmm....

Archived