[BOOK SPOILERS] Fate of Jojen Reed

Bringer of Rain

His sudden death in the TV series destroys all hope's of his possible survival in the WoW :(

But we knew his days were numbered, he knows he's not making it home...so it's no surprise, other than he got a totally non heroic death. But I haven't loved the Reeds portrayal in the show.

Did anyone else see the shot of Meera grabbing the knife and think that she was going to kill herself over her brother? .__.

Edit: I mean obviously she doesn't in the books, but once Jojen died I wasn't sure what the show was going to have her do.

Weirwood Paste confirmed hehehe

Theyve gotten rid of cannibalism in Brans Storyline already with Coldhands feeding them the Nights Watchmen, now theyve gotten rid of the Weirwood paste to unlock Brans powers since Bran already has powers in the show. Very little change. Cant wait till we get some reference in TWOW of how Jojen is inside Bran hahahaha.

Show didnt want to do it, but they knew his fate in TWOW, so they killed him off this way.

And now that Jojen is dead the show has railroaded brans storyline right off the tracks it seems

Well, Bran is still in the exact same place as he is in the books, and Jojen seemed to be rapidly deteriorating. I don't have a problem with Jojen dying, just Leaf blowing up his body and nobody really reacting to his death.

Well, Bran is still in the exact same place as he is in the books, and Jojen seemed to be rapidly deteriorating. I don't have a problem with Jojen dying, just Leaf blowing up his body and nobody really reacting to his death.

I only watched the ep ones but I thought that Meera was pretty shattered by Jojen's death.

I only watched the ep ones but I thought that Meera was pretty shattered by Jojen's death.

Yeah I guess I meant Bran more. They get to the cave and he just seemed pretty over-it. Then again, I guess he was a wee bit distracted.

It seems to show that Jojen's primary role was in simply getting Bran to the cave, and that after he's pretty incidental (or Jojen paste is, God forbid, actually a thing and D&D said, "Fuck that, just kill him before they get to the cave").

Maybe the question you should actually be asking is not, "Why did Jojen die at this point?" but rather, "Why is Meera still alive?"

Meera is obviously still alive so that GRRM can write the obligatory sex scene between her and Bran via a warged Hodor. Just kidding...sort of...

lmao this would be incredibly awesome/hilarious, especially considering how many times D&D fucked GRRM's plot points. It would even work IMO, excellent twist/surprise, and would make relative sense (gains Bran's trust and leads him right to the Others' doorstep so they could use his powers to spy for their invasion).

But wait, there's more. Pyp and Grenn gets to be King and Queen of the 7k, Irri and Jhiqui unites all the Khalasars, it is know. And finally, Jeyne Westerling had a child, and the houses of the North, the Riverlands, and the Vale of Arryn anounces him as their true king.

But wait, there's more. Pyp and Grenn gets to be King and Queen of the 7k, Irri and Jhiqui unites all the Khalasars, it is know. And finally, Jeyne Westerling had a child, and the houses of the North, the Riverlands, and the Vale of Arryn anounces him as their true king.

"I didn't know I was pregnant" Westerosi version.

I think we can see this as lending some potential support to the Jojenpaste, given that we are now pretty much spoiled on the fact that he (presumably) dies near the weirwood cave with the CotF. This doesn't exactly CONFIRM anything, but it certainly reinforces the theory with the knowledge that Jojen's arc doesn't seem to extend beyond getting Bran to Bloodraven. Since they've removed all of the other various cannibalism references (with Coldhands, etc.), it's safe to assume that they just cut Jojenpaste from the show along with everything else (assuming it's book!canon). I've seen some people interpret his death by Dungeons & Dragons fireball as firm denial of the theory, but I think it really speaks more firmly in favor. It does seem to imply that eating the Jojenpaste isn't absolutely critical to Bran's shamanistic transformation, but that could just be an issue of differing canons. As a personal fan of the Jojenpaste, theory, I choose to interpret the evidence as strong support, if not tacit confirmation, of the theory!

I hated the stabbing. Little skeletal wight with its arm still working to stab at someone next to it? Bit daft. Meera giving him mercy was hard to watch (well, more hear) but I'm sure it's going to mean some growth of her character in the show (finally). I'm glad the Children threw their little fireball at him. I couldn't cope with wight-Jojen. That'd be awful.

The paste theory will always be terrible and there's mention of him seeing his return Greywater in a greendream and his fate not being good when he does. Either way, it's not happening in the show.

I would've liked him to live a little longer but they do need the money to hire more characters elsewhere.

Archived