Kudos to Rory McCann (possible book spoilers)

GloveroftheNorth

I thought he has been excellent in his portrayal of The Hound all the way through the show, however in his final speech there was something quite moving in it.

I think it was down to the performance of McCann that we have a renowned murderer and killer, a tough guy on the brink of death looking back at his life and realising how miserable it's really been.

Particularly, what I found quite haunting was when he says he should have taken Sansa, as it would be the only good thing that would have happened to him.

Anyway I think that the show could potentially set this up nicely for his Redemption especially if he is the hooded man with the church.

Well, hope to see McCann back as the Hound soon, another excellent casting choice.

Best thing of the episode, I especially liked Sansa's mention.

I would've liked it more if he had known of her marriage to Tyrion though, and said that part of "i stood there in my pretty white cloak while the rest of the Kingsguard beat her"

Yeah good time to say great job Rory McCann, if we dont see him again, which I dont believe we will as I think what we see on the island was just to show the Hound has found peace, and has no further role in the plot, and the showrunners would probably not bother with that and keep him dead.

I think what we see on the island was just to show the Hound has found peace, and has no further role in the plot, and the showrunners would probably not bother with that and keep him dead.

I think the same.

And the Hound became a fans' favorite, and in a way, an unkillable sort of character. Like Tyrion, Arya etc... You just don't kill those. You don't. I feel the same with the Hound.

Btw guys, I want to know what you think about it.

Since the Hound is very close to the Eyrie, do you think that he might be found and cured by somebody that is IN the Eyrie, and would maybe interact with Sansa and/or LF in the show?

My best guess is of course that the peasant and his daughter will find him but even then... TV Sandor is closer to the Eyrie than Book Sandor, isn't he?

Rory was amazing and I too really hope we haven't seen the last of him (book & show).

Since the Hound is very close to the Eyrie, do you think that he might be found and cured by somebody that is IN the Eyrie, and would maybe interact with Sansa and/or LF in the show?

Hmmm I assume you mean the Vale because Sansa/LF left the Eyrie to tour the Vale... but yeah that could be a great replacement for the QI. Sansa and LF could visit the replacement church and not recognise him like Brienne did in the books, although Sansa should do a double take while Brienne this time does recognise him and causes trouble that gets her removed from the Vale or something leading her to the BwB. Possibilities are exciting! :)

People take it that She being Arya could not show him Mercy. I take it as Arya would have still fallowed Hound over Brienne and it tells me She could not or would not Kill the only friend she had left out side of Gendry somewhere.

This is my interpretation too. I think Arya just couldn't bring herself to kill Sandor. Lots of people seemed to think that Arya is heartless killer. I have never seen her that way. I think no matter how hard she gets, there is always a core of decency in her.

I agree, she didn't want to kill him.

Rory was wonderful. He finally said your pretty sister, that was great. And the one happy memory was remembering her, of course. He was great all season, the Hound and Arya was the best part of the season for me.

Also, I mentioned this before but what if "one happy memory" has something to do with the unkiss, just a thought.

I liked the "maester hiding behind this rock" foreshadowing. The Elder Brother is in that area; if he doesn't get cut from the show that is.

I think he will be modified and merged but not cut.

No real need for multiple religious leader characters. We will get an ElderBrother/HighSepton named Meribald or something like that, and no Quiet Isle.

@Nick
Yeah, I meant the Vale, sorry.

I also think they developed a friendly relationship. The kind of relationship where both parties are always teasing or making fun of each others, but a friendly one anyway. When you think about it, they probably see the world the same way. Arya doesn't give a s*** about ladies, and legacy and stuff... the same goes with the Hound. At this point of the story, they just want to to do whatever they feel like doing, and they mostly rely on physical abilities.
When she offered to tend to his wound, it was quite obvious that she genuinely pitied him.

Oh, and the way he just straight out said he was the one looking over her was just so sweet.
Sandor, we all know you are a big soft-hearted Teddy bear, lol!

@Trillian
What is great about us SanSan lovers, is that a very little thing makes us happy for two seasons straight!

I think he will be modified and merged but not cut.

No real need for multiple religious leader characters. We will get an ElderBrother/HighSepton named Meribald or something like that, and no Quiet Isle.

yeah, I don't care specifically if the Elder Brother isn't portayed as the book, but Sandor definitely isn't recovering from that on his own. Course, if they do go with the Quiet Isle I think it will be an interesting interaction and probably leave zero question that the grave digger is Sandor. Course, i think in the books there is zero question as well.

Archived