Melisandre feelings on the COTF?

Ulthosian Stark

Well, that's the issue, how do you think Mel feels about the Children?

I could see it go in 2 extremes, either wanting to sacrifice them to the red god or immediately try to make allies of them. Especially if she sees them using fire magic like they did in tonights episode.

On the other end she could see their blood as powerful and make a good sacrifice.

Speculate? I'd imagine shell run into them sooner or later, even just through the flames

Does she even know anything about them? I don't think we've seen any real knowledge of them outside Westeros, and even there they're considered borderline mythological. That said, I agree with your assessment. Mel's two settings seem to be "make friends with it" and "sacrifice it." She's not much for in-betweens, that girl.

Except then it comes to Stannis. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Does she even know anything about them? I don't think we've seen any real knowledge of them outside Westeros, and even there they're considered borderline mythological. That said, I agree with your assessment. Mel's two settings seem to be "make friends with it" and "sacrifice it." She's not much for in-betweens, that girl.

Except then it comes to Stannis. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

I think there is a rather large island nort of essos but apart of essos that has similar myths. And even carved trees to boot. Just out of memory but i think its the same place those Ibeniese? whalers come from.

I'd imagine everyone knows about them, probably thinking they're gone or a myth but since they are now in the picture somewhat I could see her seeing them or hints if them in the flames. Especially with magic growing stronger in the world

Good points though all around, she is one crazy zealot lol

Slightly off topic and assuming R+L=J What if she burns Jon and Jon comes out unburnt and that's how we find out he's Targaryean?!!?!

O-o random thought but it makes more sense in my mind for absolute proof then rinding something in lyannas tomb

Someone else might have be dying at the same time, Theon mebbe, or Ghost? Oh that would be too good if theon. Mel finds someone she CANT burn hahaha shed have a brain aneurysm

"None of his free folk mattered. They were a lost people, a doomed people, destined to vanish from the earth, as the children of the forest had vanished" ADWD Melisandre I p413.

She thinks they are already extinct, anything she feels about them would come from that starting point. Confronted by one her immediate feeling would be surprise and amazement even as we would feel confronted by a supposedly extinct creature.

ninja'd by Lummel. I was going to share her line about the free folk.

But how does she know about the cotf? She didn't know a frick about the Others until Maester Aemon's letter, I don't think she listened old folklore tales of Westerosi and learned about the cotf, she didn't even know the Others and Westerosi have a habit to say "others take ya" >.>

Yes, I'm implying that inhabitants of Vaes Leisi were the Children of the Forest, and they exist in Essosi folklore.

Meh, she currently doesn't regard them as real. If she learns of them, the first impression will decide on friend or enemy.

Slightly off topic and assuming R+L=J What if she burns Jon and Jon comes out unburnt and that's how we find out he's Targaryean?!!?!

That would be quite the surprise because Targaryens burn just fine. Don't be confused by the show BS.

She thinks they are extinct, but even if she knew they are real, she would assume they are "heretics" and "thralls of the Great Other". If she considers the northerners and the wildlings heretics for worshiping the Old Gods, imagine what she's going to think about the ACTUAL Old Gods (since we now know that the Old Gods were probably COTF greenseers or "super-wargs" like Bloodraven).

Archived