Did Drogon realize that eating Hazzea was wrong?

Panos Targaryen

True, but:

1. They couldn't know her reaction

2. They would've had a bigger impact if it was shown publicly infront of a full courtroom and

3. Why is it so hard to believe that Drogon did it? I mean the dragons getting wild and hard to control is a clearly laid out theme in Dany's arc. Also, Nymeria kills people, but Drogon couldn't have? Why?

Oh I'm sure Drogon could have done it, it's not hard for me to believe he did, it just seems to perfectly played to me. It feels like a set-up, and I believe Skahaz poisoned the locusts and encouraged Barristan to kill Hizdahr, he is running things in Mereen like LF did in KL. Do you remember in the book, how does Dany come to the decision to chain the dragons, does anyone suggest it to her?

Oh I'm sure Drogon could have done it, it's not hard for me to believe he did, it just seems to perfectly played to me. It feels like a set-up, and I believe Skahaz poisoned the locusts and encouraged Barristan to kill Hizdahr, he is running things in Mereen like LF did in KL. Do you remember in the book, how does Dany come to the decision to chain the dragons, does anyone suggest it to her?

I'm almost sure she decides it on her own, and even someone (Barristan?) tries to disencourage her from doing so, but I might be making this last part up.

To me, it would feel more like a setup, again, if it was not done so privately. It would put more pressure on Dany. The way it was done, it was not sure at all what she would do. I mean, they could very easily do it infront of everyone and get a much bigger advantage, so why didn't they?

I'm almost sure she decides it on her own, and even someone (Barristan?) tries to disencourage her from doing so, but I might be making this last part up.

To me, it would feel more like a setup, again, if it was not done so privately. It would put more pressure on Dany. The way it was done, it was not sure at all what she would do. I mean, they could very easily do it infront of everyone and get a much bigger advantage, so why didn't they?

Yeah that is true. In the book, when the father shows Dany the bones, he is the last person in line and hardly anyone sees it happen. So you are right about that.

My thinking was just that Skahaz has been pulling strings and this would be a good con to make Dany chain up the dragons regardless of who else heard of it. Because Dany is not locking the dragons up due to overwhelming requests or anything, she is locking them up solely based on Drogon killing one little girl....It's just an idea I have been thinking of and wanted to throw out there, which was reinforced by the finale Sunday night. But I am still undecided.....

you are reading a book where everyone is not who you think they are and everything happens is not the way it happens

OH OK forgot a dragon was a dragon sorry buddy. Shaz must be a warg or have a dragon horn geez why didn't any one think of this before ???

So a dragon the size of Drogon roasts a child and even cracked some bones open for the marrow you say? That sounds like my pitbulls munching on a skeleton, not a pubescent dragon. IMO there wouldn't be much of a child left after a dragon had gone to the effort of getting the marrow. Why wouldn't he just gulp her down and move on to whatever he had planned for the rest of the day? The description of the corpse is more akin to wild cats killing/eating prey and then the body being burnt afterwards.

Why wait if it's the Harpy? Because they don't need further propaganda. Everyone knows who they are and what they are capable of at this point. The biggest threat to them are the Unsullied and the dragons. Can't kill the Unsullied as a whole but they can make Dany doubt the dragons. The slavers don't see her as evil, they see her as emotional and capable of going to extremes. They see innocent victims as her greatest weakness (which is accurate). IMO the expectation was that she would send the dragons away or even try to have Drogon killed, not chain them up and Big D escape into the wild.

I do find it interesting that Daenerys was somehow supposed to know dragon training methodology. Should some effort have been made to discover those methods? Yes, and I'm shocked none of her advisers had this come to mind to-date. Certainly Barriston would recognize that trained dragons are more effective in battle at the least...

OH OK forgot a dragon was a dragon sorry buddy. Shaz must be a warg or have a dragon horn geez why didn't any one think of this before ???

i didnt speak for this incident ..i spoke for the entire series ...one minute u will think one person as evil and they will appear as a good one in later

in some events u will think someone was the reason of that incident but it will turn out to be action of someone that lead to the particular event

i didnt speak for this incident ..i spoke for the entire series ...one minute u will think one person as evil and they will appear as a good one in later

in some events u will think someone was the reason of that incident but it will turn out to be action of someone that lead to the particular event

So when i say a DRAGON ate a child it must mean I'm talking about brightflame next time i go outside i will ask the birds why they eat worms but the truth behind the matter must be that the birds are just chucking a Alfred Hitchcock. Mate it all makes sense to me now

So when i say a DRAGON ate a child it must mean I'm talking about brightflame next time i go outside i will ask the birds why they eat worms but the truth behind the matter must be that the birds are just chucking a Alfred Hitchcock. Mate it all makes sense to me now

i know dragons are capable of eating not only a child but a full grown human too

if they were so wild and uncontrollable why they didnt burn anyone before but now

there maybe two possible events that would have occured ...

it may have been an accident or altogether a plot to make danny unstable and have doubts in her mind

So a dragon the size of Drogon roasts a child and even cracked some bones open for the marrow you say? That sounds like my pitbulls munching on a skeleton, not a pubescent dragon. IMO there wouldn't be much of a child left after a dragon had gone to the effort of getting the marrow. Why wouldn't he just gulp her down and move on to whatever he had planned for the rest of the day? The description of the corpse is more akin to wild cats killing/eating prey and then the body being burnt afterwards.

Why wait if it's the Harpy? Because they don't need further propaganda. Everyone knows who they are and what they are capable of at this point. The biggest threat to them are the Unsullied and the dragons. Can't kill the Unsullied as a whole but they can make Dany doubt the dragons. The slavers don't see her as evil, they see her as emotional and capable of going to extremes. They see innocent victims as her greatest weakness (which is accurate). IMO the expectation was that she would send the dragons away or even try to have Drogon killed, not chain them up and Big D escape into the wild.

I do find it interesting that Daenerys was somehow supposed to know dragon training methodology. Should some effort have been made to discover those methods? Yes, and I'm shocked none of her advisers had this come to mind to-date. Certainly Barriston would recognize that trained dragons are more effective in battle at the least...

Yes this is more or less my line of thinking too. Could Drogon have done this to the little girl? Of course. But the act had a very strong affect on Dany, so strong that she immediately locks up 2 of the dragons (crying) just to try and prevent any further killings. She tries to get Drogon as well, but thank gods, she can't catch him. He doesnt eat any other people/children (that we hear of) while he is out roaming around, he clearly prefers animals (boars, horses) to people. Plus he didnt eat this child, or there would no bones to show for it, he definitely was not eating the marrow out of her tiny little 1" wide bones. The story just does not seem so believable to me.

Edit: And yes I fully agree that more of an effort should have been made by Dany, Barristan, and her whole court to procure some dragon literature, or a taming guide or whatever by this point. Not that these books are just laying around everywhere, but there is no effort put forth by anyone, which is odd to me.

i know dragons are capable of eating not only a child but a full grown human too

if they were so wild and uncontrollable why they didnt burn anyone before but now

there maybe two possible events that would have occured ...

it may have been an accident or altogether a plot to make danny unstable and have doubts in her mind

Righto

Yeah that is true. In the book, when the father shows Dany the bones, he is the last person in line and hardly anyone sees it happen. So you are right about that.

My thinking was just that Skahaz has been pulling strings and this would be a good con to make Dany chain up the dragons regardless of who else heard of it. Because Dany is not locking the dragons up due to overwhelming requests or anything, she is locking them up solely based on Drogon killing one little girl....It's just an idea I have been thinking of and wanted to throw out there, which was reinforced by the finale Sunday night. But I am still undecided.....

All I'm saying that in this case they only rely on her consciousness and compassion, while in the other case they would rely on consciousness and compassion and public pressure and outrage. This, combined with the undeniable plot point that the dragons are growing bigger, deadlier, and harder to control, makes me think that it was genuine and not a plot.

No, predators don't mourn for their kills. The closest I've seen an animal being distressed like that was when a young bull elephant killed an older one. Of course this is a fantasy story but I really really doubt it if a dragon could feel the slightest bit of empathy for its prey, predators just aren't wired like that

Archived