(book spoilers) Val?

Bane66

I remember reading an article where i thought they mentioned casting a role that seemed to be Val, yet she was no where to be seen even in Mance's tent. So are we to assume she wont be seen at all? Or maybe try and introduce her next season as Mance's daughter instead? Curious what people think...

• 2 weeks later...

I remember reading an article where i thought they mentioned casting a role that seemed to be Val, yet she was no where to be seen even in Mance's tent. So are we to assume she wont be seen at all? Or maybe try and introduce her next season as Mance's daughter instead? Curious what people think...

...iirc, there was one young actress cast for a "wildling" role...and it was assumed she would play Val; but actually, she was revealed as one of Craster's wife...I like the idea that Val will be introduced as Mance's daughter...I understand why Dalla was cut from the show, her role is rather minor....but Val well...it seems she'll grow important ;) ...one has to wonder about the babe and little Sam (Monster) though.

I liked Sam and Gilly's road trip (sea trip) in the books, but who knows...

It involves a sex scene and the sexy summer islanders who mourn death with sex: there is No Way D&D will miss that important plot point out.

It involves a sex scene and the sexy summer islanders who mourn death with sex: there is No Way D&D will miss that important plot point out.

I love that storyline. "There is no shame in loving." Interesting how sensitively they handle Gilly's sexuality, and yet they messed up Sansa's so badly.

Sorry, Val thread, I meant to say, I kind of doubt she'll be on the show next season. They may add her later.

As much as I love what we've seen of Val in the books, I was kind of hoping they'd just combine Val with Ygritte in the show for simplicity's sake.

Needless to say, i'm disappointed that we're left with no female wildling characters other than Gilly as of the end of the season. Introducing Val is going to seem forced and clumsy now.

It's a puzzle about what they will do about the situation at the Wall, in the books it's pretty well elaborated , but they can't spend a lot of time on George's detailing...

They will be short some speaking role Wildlings next season so does seem they don't have a Wildling female character ... so it's a puzzle.

Getting near to production , is it the last week of July or the end of July, we know July! Some casting calls, but except for finding out about Spain as location shooting , radio silence on things like ... The Greyjoys ... cast for Dorne... NI and Spain, back to Croatia and Iceland again?

The producers of the show know what going to happen in the end. If a character is important in the end they'll be cast, if not, they won't. If Val is important she'll get cast, if she doesn't that tells us that she is not that important tomJon's end game.

Since Tormund is taken as a prisoner, I think Jon will send him to bring back the other wildlings instead of Val. So, if they might the most important thing Val did in ADwD to Tormund, then why should they cast her? Still they have the chance to cast her if they really want to.

Do you guys think showMel might offer Jon a taste of R'hllor in S5? Laugh all you want, but that filler scene could happen...I mean I never thought she'd go leech-agro full mount on Gendry. After the staring match between those two in ep10, an unsullied friend made this prediction. I stayed silent cause who knows at this point. It probably won't happen, but I'm sure she'll robeflash him, or something else. It would be a shame if they reduce Jon/Mel scenes to this because I did enjoy their interactions in ADWD.

I totally think that will happen. I think if we just imagine the most crazy thing, that's what they'll do. He will get more than a taste of R'hillor.

I think so too. Makes me very sad :( I would like to see Mellisandre get a giant helping of the Great Other for having such terrible scrying abilities. Perchance to dream. Probably wont happen :bawl:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived