Who wil occupy the iron Throne before the end?

LordImp

It seems like every time I come on here there is always a post asking who you think will end up on the iron throne. Generic question. Obvious question. You always want to know how it's going to end. Most series I've read, you can formulate a guess as to what will happen. Who will win. Who will lose. Who will live. Who will die. I don't see ASOIAF like that. People seem to believe whoever is King at the end has "won". I don't see this series ending that way. It would not surprise me at all if we never get a full resolution as to who is the king of Westeros. When it's all said and done, it comes down to ice vs fire.

I too belive that it's all about ice and fire , but who sits on the iron Throne has very much to say about the story thats why it's so many threads about i guess.

I think Stannis will find a bastard of King Robert and take him to Dragonstone, where he will wake a monstrous stone dragon, like someone (Bran or Dany) who saw a stone dragon breathing shadow fire, and will take the throne; which will be taken by Littlefinger afterwards.

Well, it seems like Stannis already missed his shot with Edric Storm and with Dragonstone fallen to the Iron Throne I doubt that he'll get another shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Westeros is to big and undeveloped to sustain a centralized monarchy. Unless Dany comes back with trained and deadly dragons, there is no way to hold all the kingdoms. I suspect a rapid decline of the royal power, similar to that of the holy roman Empire, to an eventual collapse where the Seven kingdoms are again, seven kingdoms.

Maybe the The Great Other will win and there will be no Iron Throne, but Stannis see in the fire that a crown of fire will consume a man i think he'll die trying to get the Throne and his Daughter will sit on throne, that's the 2nd thing i want, the first is Stannis on the Throne because the Realm need him to give Justice to all those wrong.

The realm doesn't need Stannis. He is a puppet easily controled by the promise of glory at the hands of a red witch. Any man swayed so easily is too weak to sit on the throne and rule successfully.

I do think that there will be a Targaryen, one with living dragons, on the throne again. I would like for it to end the way the Targaryen dynasty begain in Westeros: three heads, three dragons and all kingdoms bending the knee.

"They shall come day and night to see the wonder that has been born again into the world, and when they see they shall lust. For dragons are fire made flesh, and fire is power"

I don't expect the issue of the throne to stay at the forefront of everyone's minds once The Others bring their party into town. The ultimate outcome rests on how that is handled.

Honestly it's better than three wild Dragons with a "Mother" who can't even tame them, i'd rather see Aegon Ruling the Kingdom than Dany, she's some little Shit who think's just because her Last name is Targaryen that she should rule, Aegon which i kinda like to be honest understands a lot more than Dany.

So i guess you're right Stannis shouldn't rule but Aegon should, He'll always be my Favorite though and i hope his Death Will an honourable one.

I just hope he doesn't kill Shireen. :crying:

Ideally: Harry the Heir ( best substitute since no Stark will ever claim it, and the words of House Arryn are awesome)

More likely: Aegon or Littlefinger.

Littlefinger will rule someway , i think he will put his figurehead( Harry , Sansa , Gendry or something) and rule through him.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Littlefinger is headed for a fall. A big one, quite possibly literally considering where he now resides.

I think it's shaping up for Jon Snow and/or Dany to claim the IT. Fairly obvious I know but I don't see any of the other characters as real possibilities.

Aegon is too new of a character.

Cersei/Tommen - possible but I doubt it. I think Cersei has made too many enemies to last much longer. Maybe Arya finishes her off for the Iron Bank. Tommen is too young.

Tyrion - I would love it but he is too reviled by most everyone.

Any of the Iron born - No. Minor players IMO.

Someone from Dorne - same as the Iron born

Stannis - No. Not sure he survives much longer anyway

I believe the rider of Viserion will sit the iron throne and I’d like to believe that Viserion will produce eggs. Daenerys said that she named her dragon after her brother Viserys and that his dragon will accomplish all that her brother did not. She also told Quentyn that she does not have to be the end of all their hopes. Daenerys will reshape Westeros and her impact will be equal to or even greater than that of Aegon the Conqueror. Daenerys will choose not to sit the Iron Throne. Aegon too left the ruling for his sisters. I’d also like to think that Rhaegal will be ridden by Jon Snow. Rhaegal is the most detached and unpredictable of her dragons and is more dangerous than Viserion. The position of the eggs in Drogo’s funeral pyre was not a coincidence. Rhaegal was placed next to Drogo’s head wrapped in his braid- a symbol of his fighting skill and lethality (Jon Snow and his sword against the White Walkers?). Viserion was placed between his legs, a simple of a ruler. His rider will mount the Iron Throne and rule. Drogon is the largest, wildest, fiercest and most dangerous of her dragons. His colours are that of night and fire and blood. Targaryen colours. He was placed next to Drogo’s heart and it was Drogo’s heart and spirit that made Drogo who he was and Daenerys too for that matter. Drogon, like Balerion, is the most important of the dragons and is ridden by the most important person of the three heads- Daenerys. Daenerys bonds with Drogon and finally accepts her identity in A Dance with Dragons. I believe the prophecies refer to Daenerys and her Song of Ice and Fire.

The vision of Teora Toland is a bit disconcerting, perhaps referring to Dorne and its fate should they choose to support the mummer’s dragon and betray Daenerys. All this is entirely a theoretical speculation of course.

I think Tyrion will meet Daenerys and together they will march against the Capital to take the Iron Throne. In theory, Jon Snow should go with them, but I am not sure... He is busy at the Black Castle and it is improbable that he goes with them. However, There is Aegon that we don't know if he is true or fake, but i don't believe that he will take the throne.

Jon Snow. He's a great guy willing to make the unpopular decision for the greater good. I also have a feeling that the iron throne will be destroyed before the end of the series and Jon Snow will rule from the new capital of the kingdom in the north.

Archived