Who wil occupy the iron Throne before the end?

LordImp

I wouldn't want any of them to sit on the throne. Dany, Aegon, Stannis only want the throne because it is their right I never hear any of them expressing injustices towards the people by the current rulers.IMO they would be no different. Jon would never accept the responsibility and Tommen will never break free of the clutches of his family. What I would like is total chaos and destruction and out of the ashes a new regime starts where the voices of Lords and Kings are forgotten. But that will never happen probably Shireen or Dany.

• 2 weeks later...

Hodor, of course. He'll reduce the realm to a rubble of hodor.

I'd like to see Jon on the throne but he'd never take up the responsibility... realistically I'd want a Targaryen, Tommen is sweet but I don't want the Lannisters in power and Stannis would be a good king but never loved. And that would lead to tragedy.

It looks likes all the major claimants are going to die: Tommen and Myrcella are prophecized to die before their mother Cercei, is killed; Stannis has bad prospects and so does Shireen; Dany and Jon's stories are heavily imprinted with hero images, and ASOIAF being a hero means self-sacrifice, and that usually means death. There is the idea that she will fulfill the "betrayal for love" when she goes off to fight the Others and vows to be a good queen and return.

I'm betting on Westeros utterly disgintegrating in 7 kingdoms again, with the addition of the Iron Islands.

I think Dany might rule in the end. Even if Jon turns out to be rhaegars son; being the honorable Stark, he may decide to go back to nw or he might die. His mother might be revealed in Bran's POV. He might ask dany to restore the north to sansa. Arya will settle as one of the fm & never cross paths with the starks. Bran will become one of the old gods. This also sets up with George RR Martin's bittersweet ending.

• 2 weeks later...

The realm doesn't need Stannis. He is a puppet easily controled by the promise of glory at the hands of a red witch. Any man swayed so easily is too weak to sit on the throne and rule successfully.

I do think that there will be a Targaryen, one with living dragons, on the throne again. I would like for it to end the way the Targaryen dynasty begain in Westeros: three heads, three dragons and all kingdoms bending the knee.

"They shall come day and night to see the wonder that has been born again into the world, and when they see they shall lust. For dragons are fire made flesh, and fire is power"

I don't expect the issue of the throne to stay at the forefront of everyone's minds once The Others bring their party into town. The ultimate outcome rests on how that is handled.

But you're forgetting: Stannis isn't interested in the promise of glory. He's interested in saving the Realm. The guy's willing to do it even if it destroys him, that's what we've been shown.

"The series title reminds us constantly that the real issue lies in the North beyond the Wall. Stannis becomes one of the few characters fully to understand that, which is why in spite of everything he is a righteous man" - George R. R. Martin

I do suspect Stannis will be the last man standing. Whether or not he'll get the throne or not (whether or not there will be a throne for that matter) is more nebulous, but he's one of the few characters I expect to survive until the end.

Kings landing will look like a ruin worst than any other caste ruined including harrenhall. Just wait for the nights king to cross the wall. Real disaster is yet to come since 8000 yrs. Its no point in talking iron throne n last one to sit on it. We have already seen future when dany enters throne room in house of undying episode. Dark lord is more dangeros than we can ever imagine.

I think Aegon will die before he can take the throne. Late entries to the story seem to do that.

I think the three Dragons are Dany, Aegon and Jon and I think Tommen will be on the Throne for some time given the Tyrell backing.

In the end, all the petty squabbles will pale in comparison to the threat from the north.

I totally agree !! There might be at least battles or whatever, but the others are the real threat. I believe dany will have an important role, and I believe littlefinger will be a big part of the ending too. I think there will be at least one more battle.

Not sure jon's parentage will have as big an impact as some think it will. Stannis, being Stannis, will probably sacrifice his army fighting against the others or something.

The 7 kingdoms might go back to being 7 kingdoms... ?

This is an interesting question, for me it breaks down into who I would LIKE to see sit the Iron Throne, vs. who I believe will sit it. As a 100% Stark Supporter I believe that obviously Jon Snow has the exact qualifications to rule the kingdom. He's not a spoiled brat, he has a helluva work ethic and he is a very honorable young man. He is humble, he's willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good, he has experience leading as LC of the Nights Watch. Also Jon has been through a lot of crap that other characters couldn't imagine. Not to mention it is likely that he is Rhaegar and Lyanna's son, AND Robbs assigned heir. So not only does he have the right characteristics, he also (likely) has the right lineage. Oh and one other thing, he grew up as Ned's son. He spent his younger years learning from Ned, and regardless of which house you love the most I think we can all agree that Ned was one of the best that Westeros had left, after losing people like Arthur Dayne, etc.

That being said, as much as id like to see the book end with Jon ruling the kingdoms, I don't think it will. Its too happy of an ending for Mr. Martin. I think it more likely that Dany/Aegon rule together, or Stannis ends up sitting the Iron Throne (Possibly with Edric Storm in the mix). Both of which would still be a MASSIVE improvement over the Lannisters ruling. Just my thoughts.

Archived