A Game of Screentime - Season 4

StannisEndGame

lol i know you guys love stannis but he isn't charismatic enough to get as much screentime...as the lannisters per say

LOL, actually, I absolutely adore the Jon and Stannis chats from the books. It's like the comedic confusion of two straight men (comedy wise, not sex wise, LOL) never understanding each other. I've been quite hopeful for the two of them onscreen, next season could be great for the both of them. Of course, that's if D&D don't fuck it up.

If the show gives the politics at the Wall half the consideration it has given to it in KL, it could be a thing of beauty that even Unsullied would love. Still, I must keep my expectations down.......that way, I'm not disappointed and maybe, for once, a prediction will go my way. Wink wink.

LOL, Jorah's voice is so perfect, he could read the phonebook to me and I'd be good with it.

I wonder how the Marg and Cersei stuff will go down, I was a bit weirded out by Cersei making nice with Marg that time Tommon sat the Throne. Then again, I'm sure Marg was weirded out, too.

cersei was obviously just trying to figure margaery out and get mace on her side for the trial. she wasn't being genuine

LOL, actually, I absolutely adore the Jon and Stannis chats from the books. It's like the comedic confusion of two straight men (comedy wise, not sex wise, LOL) never understanding each other. I've been quite hopeful for the two of them onscreen, next season could be great for the both of them. Of course, that's if D&D don't fuck it up.

If the show gives the politics at the Wall half the consideration it has given to it in KL, it could be a thing of beauty that even Unsullied would love. Still, I must keep my expectations down.......that way, I'm not disappointed and maybe, for once, a prediction will go my way. Wink wink.

I loved the couple of minutes we got between them this past season already. Just in those few lines you could tell that both of them respected each other, but still stood their ground. It was great, and I think those exchanges will write themselves next year.

cersei was obviously just trying to figure margaery out and get mace on her side for the trial. she wasn't being genuine

I did understand that part of it, still....it was strange, to say the least. I'd say it was Cersei trying to figure out the marriage situations, along with...how they both put it all on their fathers.

lol stannis being at the wall made me appreciate jon's chapters more but i still don't love him like others

lol i know you guys love stannis but he isn't charismatic enough to get as much screentime...as the lannisters per say

I know he can't be in every scene, so non-Stannis scenes should feature Roose Bolton, of course.

I loved the couple of minutes we got between them this past season already. Just in those few lines you could tell that both of them respected each other, but still stood their ground. It was great, and I think those exchanges will write themselves next year.

That's what worries me, the scenes SHOULD write themselves, but I'll leave it at that. Believe it or not, I'd like to not have so much to nitpick about the show, LOL As pointed out earlier in the thread, the character time count shows that we will have a lot of time freed up for these things. That, along with the fact that it IS time to highlight Stannis a bit more and time for Jon's story to come more to the forefront.....does make me think chances are good for Jon and Stannis.

One thing that REALLY worries me now is that head nod of Olly/Ollie's (however it is spelled?) to Jon when he killed Ygritte. First off, the kid annoys me, LOL, but moving past that, I'm worried that D&D might have decided that we will not get the total package of "Edd, fetch me a block" and the finish of Stannis and his head nod. It's taken me awhile to realize it, but I'm a bit concerned that the use of that scene may mean we will not get THE head nod. It's not just a good detail, but it speaks volumes (hehe) about both of the characters. I guess we'll see, I hope I'm wrong. But, the more I think of the boy's head nod, the more I am left wondering.

That's what worries me, the scenes SHOULD write themselves, but I'll leave it at that. Believe it or not, I'd like to not have so much to nitpick about the show, LOL As pointed out earlier in the thread, the character time count shows that we will have a lot of time freed up for these things. That, along with the fact that it IS time to highlight Stannis a bit more and time for Jon's story to come more to the forefront.....does make me think chances are good for Jon and Stannis.

One thing that REALLY worries me now is that head nod of Olly/Ollie's (however it is spelled?) to Jon when he killed Ygritte. First off, the kid annoys me, LOL, but moving past that, I'm worried that D&D might have decided that we will not get the total package of "Edd, fetch me a block" and the finish of Stannis and his head nod. It's taken me awhile to realize it, but I'm a bit concerned that the use of that scene may mean we will not get THE head nod. It's not just a good detail, but it speaks volumes (hehe) about both of the characters. I guess we'll see, I hope I'm wrong. But, the more I think of the boy's head nod, the more I am left wondering.

Well, I could see them doing that scene differently, but TBH, I'm not very worried about how they portray anything at the Wall...I have complete faith in Dillane and after this season, Harington, to pull of the uneasy truce between the two characters, however it is portrayed. We've seen them write Tywin extremely well with anyone, as well as Cersei and Tyrion, so these type of exchanges tend to be their strongest suit. I wonder if we will still get Mance like we do in the books...if he will still have the glamor and go to Winterfell with Bolton...or if they will change that. Guess we'll see, but I think this is the most excited I've been about the Wall in the entire series, so I'm glad we've finally got to this point.

People have to stop expecting to hear their favorite lines play out verbatim on the show. Has Only Cat taught you people nothing?

Yeah, I don't expect anything like that. In fact, I would not be surprised at all to see Janos' Slynt's execution play out much differently. Guess we'll see.

I was thinking he might be executed for his cowardice during the battle. Sam's a witness!

That, or Sam'll blackmail him into backing out of the election. As long as Slynt's head departs from his body by Jon's sword, I don't care how it's portrayed XD

That, or Sam'll blackmail him into backing out of the election. As long as Slynt's head departs from his body by Jon's sword, I don't care how it's portrayed XD

Not a bad thought, but I could see new bolder Sam avoiding blackmail and just putting Slynt's shit on blast.

People have to stop expecting to hear their favorite lines play out verbatim on the show. Has Only Cat taught you people nothing?

That D+D neither know nor care which lines/scenes are iconic to the fandom?

In any case, I suspect that it will be "Olly, fetch me a block" because I think Ed will be sent to Braavos with Sam and take on Dareon's role. He doesn't really do anything much in ADWD so they must have had some reason for keeping him around when Grenn and Pyp died. And given how grim and cynical he is it wouldn't be unbelievable for him to desert.

In any case, I suspect that it will be "Olly, fetch me a block" because I think Ed will be sent to Braavos with Sam and take on Dareon's role. He doesn't really do anything much in ADWD so they must have had some reason for keeping him around when Grenn and Pyp died. And given how grim and cynical he is it wouldn't be unbelievable for him to desert.

"Iconic" in this case is simply "stuff some people on a fan forum repeat over and over again". "Only Cat" is NOT iconic at all, and ask most people who read the books and they will say "What?" until you describe what you are talking about. Same with "Edd, fetch a block". The action means more than the words- always has, always will.

Btw, put in the line "Only Cat" into google and you get a few pages from this forum, one from reddit and then a bunch of articles about owning cats. That's how "iconic" it is XD

Eh, iconic. It's just certain lines becoming ever more meme-like for whatever reason. There certainly are great lines, Martin's books are full of them, but stuff like Only Cat, Edd, fetch me a block, or some of the sillier Dornish stuff like Vengeance, something, blah, fire and blood, I am of the night, etc, are really nothing to write home about.

"Iconic" in this case is simply "stuff some people on a fan forum repeat over and over again". "Only Cat" is NOT iconic at all, and ask most people who read the books and they will say "What?" until you describe what you are talking about. Same with "Edd, fetch a block". The action means more than the words- always has, always will.

Btw, put in the line "Only Cat" into google and you get a few pages from this forum, one from reddit and then a bunch of articles about owning cats. That's how "iconic" it is XD

Well yes, it's iconic to this forum and it's members - aka the beating heart of the ASOIAF/GoT fandom. The odd homage to our memes and favourite lines isn't too much to ask especially when not including them means D+D going out of their way to avoid them. I mean they had to specifically look at the line "Only Cat" and decide somehow or another that "your sister" was better. It's so insignificant to most people that it's baffling that D+D made any conscious decision about it whatsoever.

Well yes, it's iconic to this forum and it's members - aka the beating heart of the ASOIAF/GoT fandom. The odd homage to our memes and favourite lines isn't too much to ask especially when not including them means D+D going out of their way to avoid them. I mean they had to specifically look at the line "Only Cat" and decide somehow or another that "your sister" was better. It's so insignificant to most people that it's baffling that D+D made any conscious decision about it whatsoever.

Wrong. Plenty of fans don't come on internet forums...they are the sane ones, really. My husband loves the books and read them long before I did, but he doesn't like message boards. Many people are like that.

Archived