Season 5 Casting v.2

Chebyshov

I'd bet Tyene will be dark skinned.

-----------------

Where is this story?

Nymeria was specifically described as mixed race in the casting call, Tyene was not. In the books Tyene was actually a pale-skinned blonde. So it's unlikely they'll cast a black actress for the role

As long as Arya eats a worm off his skeletal face I'll be happy

ETA: OMG, your avatar just blinked! And I noticed that just now! Boy, am I distracted

LOL, that was my thought, too. I want the skeleton and the worm and then......Jaqen.

Everything about him was perfect in Season 2, the voice, the way he moved, everything. He just had such a presence.

Uh, his accent is pretty awful, but it's consistent, at least.

Yes, and yes. I wouldn't rule out an American for any role, really, if they can do accents. Look at Pedro Pascal. I suppose I will forever do a double take now, if I hear him without that accent in other roles, LOL

LOL, I'd take all that over Brant. Euron is supposed to be hot for cripe's sake, not just THINK he looks hot and come off all kinds of revolting. shudder.

I know what you mean. If we don't get Nic Cage as Euron, I'm not watching the show anymore. He's the only sensible option.

WIC rumor: Angela Sarafyan was cast as "someone near Stannis". It could be either Val (but then, wouldn't they say someone near Jon?) or the Mormont who befriends Asha. Or it's a bullshit rumor.

She looks a little 'exotic' like the Dornish people. But she has similar feature to people of the North. I'd say its Alys Karstark (if involved in the northern story) or Tyene if involved in the Dorne Story (but Stannis isn't there so)

WIC rumor: Angela Sarafyan was cast as "someone near Stannis". It could be either Val (but then, wouldn't they say someone near Jon?) or the Mormont who befriends Asha. Or it's a bullshit rumor.

Wow, she's gorgeous! I think she's far too old for Alys Karstark (the actress is over 30), unless they're doing something different with the character. It's a very different look if she's supposed to be Val. In fact, she doesn't look anything like the book Val, except for being beautiful. Not that they couldn't depart from the books if she suited in all other respects, but it would be very surprising if she was playing Val.

^Yeah, she is a beauty. I hope she has been cast...for the most shallow possible reasons. As for who she could be playing (if this isn't misinformation, which it likely is) I don't really know. If they wanted a blonde, I doubt they'd cast an Armenian girl.

EDIT: She just tweeted that great Gary Oldman rant. Now I love this girl even more!

Archived