Season 5 Casting v.2

Chebyshov

I don't think that article is anything more than speculation based on the books and other interviews, but from that story of a person who met Dempsie he's apparently back next season anyway.

The article is speculation, but someone in the boards already said a few months ago that he met Joe Dempsie in a bar and asked him if he's in season 4, to which he answered "no but I will be in season 5" (or something like that).

Damn I hope so. That would be a good indication of him somehow catching up with his Riverlands arc, which would be also a likely confirmation of LS being in.

I do honestly think the jet pack was for both, getting him into Dorne and then, back out again. I agree, I hope we do get The Riverlands portion of Jaime's story, especially in relation to The Blackfish, eventual reunion with Brienne, etc. I'm one who is not so sure we will get LS, and that leads me to wonder......if Jaime going to Dorne is about an eventual change for Jaime's arc, moreso, a delaying of The Riverlands? I really, really hope that we do get back to The Blackfish one of these days. If we do, that could be a clue for Jaime and Brienne's story. Last we knew, he had escaped the Red Wedding and Walder Frey was given Riverrun. I'm guess, though, Walder Frey didn't take up residence, and maybe......The Blackfish will somehow return to his story arc and steal Riverrun and try to mount a rebellion against Freys and the throne from there? Something like that could delay a bit of Jaime's story, with or without LS.

I'm just not really sure on the LS front. The no Tysha has taught me something, I suppose. I just can't imagine them waiting THIS long after Cat died on screen, but irregardless, that doesn't rule out different ways to get to most of the Riverlands arc. Eh, who knows, LOL, my head hurts. I just want some Blackfish, too. There are ways to do this even without LS, IF that's what the show runners have decided on.

A+ for the dedication to type that all out.

By the way, now looking at it altogether, it really does seem next season will be very Cersei-centric.

Well AFFC provides (at least in my opinion) the most in depth view of Cersi, esp. considering so many of the fan favorites (Tyrion, Jon) are missing from the novel. AFFC made Cersi a slightly more sympathetic character for me.

Fair point, White Harbor's Wrath, but if the Myrcella plot's been thwarted and Jaime and Bronn are headed back to Kl (and then hopefully to the Riverlands), then that means this is before or at around the same time that Doran will give his "fire and blood" talk. Now I guess they could end the Dornish stuff for the season there, but I think that if this was around episode four or five it could be where they send off Quentyn (probably due to be replaced by Trystane, if indeed Jaime and Bronn return Myrcella to KL). Then some Sand Snakes could go to the capital and so on.

I'm wondering if they'll keep Davos's story-line the same. Even if there's a Manderly/Umber merge ( :ack:), Davos hunting down Rickon at the behest of a Northern Lord seemed like it should be an important plot-point.

If there is no Wyman Manderly, it will make the Stoneheart "uproar" look like nothing. Just sayin. This I think depends on what GRRM is going to do with Rickon and Skagos.

Fair point, White Harbor's Wrath, but if the Myrcella plot's been thwarted and Jaime and Bronn are headed back to Kl (and then hopefully to the Riverlands), then that means this is before or at around the same time that Doran will give his "fire and blood" talk. Now I guess they could end the Dornish stuff for the season there, but I think that if this was around episode four or five it could be where they send off Quentyn (probably due to be replaced by Trystane, if indeed Jaime and Bronn return Myrcella to KL). Then some Sand Snakes could go to the capital and so on.

Hopefully. I just have this feeling the Jaime and Bronn buddy cop storyline is going to be used as a way to keep Jaime busy due to a Riverland storyline elimination.

Eliminates extra people for Jaime to interact with during the Siege.

Eliminates the need for LS.

Eliminates a bunch of Riverrun sets.

I have the hunch that LS is gone, Brienne is going with Sansa and Jaime is going to be Myrcellas KG element so they don't have to cast Arys. I love the Riverlands arc, but trying to cram all this stuff into 3 more seasons...it seems like that would be the first to go.

Hopefully. I just have this feeling the Jaime and Bronn buddy cop storyline is going to be used as a way to keep Jaime busy due to a Riverland storyline elimination.

Eliminates extra people for Jaime to interact with during the Siege.

Eliminates the need for LS.

Eliminates a bunch of Riverrun sets.

I have the hunch that LS is gone, Brienne is going with Sansa and Jaime is going to be Myrcellas KG element so they don't have to cast Arys. I love the Riverlands arc, but trying to cram all this stuff into 3 more seasons...it seems like that would be the first to go.

Makes sense to me, and after Brienne having seen Arya what would she tell LS?

And I wonder if Gendry ends up with the Faith Militant?

If Stoneheart is gone for real, that really messes with Brienne and Jaime's storylines in a big way. The show has despite its deviations hit the major plot beats to date, but if they do away with Stoneheart, that is one huge major beat they'll be omitting. I can't really see a way around it.

If Stoneheart is gone for real, that really messes with Brienne and Jaime's storylines in a big way. The show has despite its deviations hit the major plot beats to date, but if they do away with Stoneheart, that is one huge major beat they'll be omitting. I can't really see a way around it.

It is a massive deviation, but the thought of a vengeful Michelle Fairley zombie running around doesn't seem to work as well on TV as in a book.

CONSOLIDATE. The Wall/Dragonstone grouping in S4ep10 is a great example. More of this please.

Gendry should just show up again w/ Stoneheart & the Brotherhood w/o Banners. Then Brienne, then Jaime (only if LS just appears does that mean Beric would already be gone for good?).

Loras should go fight the Ironborn that attack The Reach & be killed/disfigured that way (also creates drama for KingsLanding) while injuring Vic's hand.

Sam could also be there w/ Gilly&Aemon or they could share Arya's location of Braavos.

Moqorro should be cast to be the common thread w/ all parties meeting in Meereen (Dragonbinder horn will def be needed after Dany chaining her kids).

Asha&Theon should meet up again w/ Stannis camp then they confron Bolton camp.

Cool new characters can be added whilst still they CONSOLIDATE story locations.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, but:

"Woman Off Camera – We don’t need an army to start a war.Queen Cersei loves her children and we have one of them "

"Woman Off Camera – Why? He did not know. You must chose Doran’s way and peace or my way and war."

Doesn't this kind of hints Arianne to be in? She's the one who makes the Sand Snakes go for war, isn't she? And the name "woman off camera" leaves open who says these lines... I mean, I still hope that she will be in Season 5, despite all these rumors that she is cut.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, but:

"Woman Off Camera – We don’t need an army to start a war.Queen Cersei loves her children and we have one of them "

"Woman Off Camera – Why? He did not know. You must chose Doran’s way and peace or my way and war."

Doesn't this kind of hints Arianne to be in? She's the one who makes the Sand Snakes go for war, isn't she? And the name "woman off camera" leaves open who says these lines... I mean, I still hope that she will be in Season 5, despite all these rumors that she is cut.

The theory is that Woman Off Camera is actually multiple people. Which also fits the whole "Mother. Nym, Obara" thing.

EDIT: which makes it seem like Ellaria instead of Arianne, btw

I have no idea where this goes, but it just occurred to me, so I will put it here....

The shooting of the prophecy scene...seems to indicate that it's a real thing, no? That it is going to come true and have importance down the stretch...otherwise why bother putting it in, when there is already plenty of external reasons for Cersei to be crazy and paranoid...

I think the prophecy is important insofar as it seriously affected Cersei and influenced her actions to the point where she causes the prophecy to become fulfilled.

Honestly, one of the sand snakes could just as well fill the role of Arianne. We get info on a gazillion Dorne characters (& I like the Dornish) & I get it b/c they are pretty much the last culture/house to be introduced to the show, but if half the new cast is just nearly interchangeable boob showing young Dornish girls I think that's excessive. The Greyjoy bros. & JonCon/Faegon are more important than all the sandsnakes put together. Doran is so very beta. Much passive. Not impressed.

The thing is that Arianne is the heir and the SS (we'll have to go with this...) are not and won't ever be unless they pull a Ramsay and legitimate one of them. If they make one of Oberyn's daughters a legitimate one (say, a dead wife from long ago) they can get around that- but the casting sheet implies this isn't the case. There's just no reason to cut Arianne in favor of another SS and making them assume Arianne's role when we can just have Arianne.

The thing is that Arianne is the heir and the SS (we'll have to go with this...) are not and won't ever be unless they pull a Ramsay and legitimate one of them. If they make one of Oberyn's daughters a legitimate one (say, a dead wife from long ago) they can get around that- but the casting sheet implies this isn't the case. There's just no reason to cut Arianne in favor of another SS and making them assume Arianne's role when we can just have Arianne.

I tend to agree, which means that if Arianne is cut it's likely because the writers have eliminated her role itself (that is to say, the Aegon story).

Archived