TTTNE 430: And They Spammed Happily Ever After

RhaenysBee

Happy New Thread!!!! Congrats on the win Rhae!

Long time no see Elg and Space Bandito!

Maid, take care of yourself!

Bro--early shift sucks. The people bitch just as much, brass is all over the place and the patient turnover is insane. Once chemo is over, I am seriously going to back to nights.

So...I'm gonna say this here cause I know that if there's group that will not facepalm or point finger at me an laugh cause of it it's you good people...

I've just spent entire day...ENTIRE DAY!!! re-watching LOST. Hubby and I burned trough almost whole of the first season...did I say in one day? I'm crazy...but nice crazy...not John Lock crazy :) :P

Been there, done that.

I'll drink to that :)

:cheers:

And while I watch I'm starting to develop strange eye spasm...it looks a lot like this -----> :leer: and it keeps appearing whenever Sawyer is on screen...mystery...

Been there, done that as well. Although I do admit to initially preferring Jack.

I LIVE AND I'VE NOW BEEN TO SOTHORYOS.

I'll shall be back, eventually.

Pds congrats Rhae.

Welcome back Zar!

Congrats Rhae!! :cheer:

I'm officially on summer break from work :commie:

I had a very easy Friday of signing yearbooks (who knew the health office was so popular? :o )

The parents really spoil me, one of them gave me this beautifully wrapped candle (it's like a $40 candle) which I would never be able to buy for myself. How nice!

And now my watch of house organizing, cleaning and painting begins :lol:

You are brave woman for serving the realm!!!!!!

Just had the most delicious iced coffee. I encourage everyone to have one too.

Thanks!

Congrats Rhae! :cheers:

I haven't read back, don't have a lot of time today.

Making a birthday cake for my little man. hard to believe he will be 12 tomorrow. Where does time go?

Of course he asked for the castle cake. Not going to be as insane as the last time since this is just for family. We're not having a party, but just taking him to see a movie.

eta: I did find myself a disney picture ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX!!!!!

And doesn't this mean you have a teenager again?

And to my friends:

CHILE CHILE CHILE CHILE CHILE CHILE

What would you like to know?

For starters, I'm trying to plan a budget but I can't really orient myself in their website. There seem to be three different things: Membership, Member ID and Badges. Are memberships and badges bought separately?

I'm also looking at hotels in the area, but they seem to be price-y (at least for us). Is there a safe, low-budget place to stay in San Diego?

The flights I almost got figured out. We're coming from Southern Europe so we'll probably fly via Madrid and New York. We are considering taking a train on the trip to San Diego though - the prices seem almost the same as the flights and it's one more adventure to look forward to. Then again, 3 days in a Couch seat with possible delays also has its downsides. :D

Food and merchandise aside, are there any other taxes/expenses we should plan for either for the con or the flights/trains to/from San Diego?

good day spamily :) How's life?

You won't believe what happened today at work. I got new girl and her mother was with her all the time since it's kid's first day. soon it became obvious she's way overprotective...she literally was afraid of the doors being opened cause it may hit her. she was afraid other babies will hurt her if they touch her and such stuff...I told her other babies are not nearly as strong to be able to make kind of damage she's talking about ( broken arm btw ) and them she told me she's very worried her baby might get hurt cause if that happens her husband will beat her. I thought at first she meant it as a poor joke lost in translation but she said it again coupe more times and she told it to another person. I felt sorry for her. I told her her kid can get hurt even at home,they fall even when they walk over flat surface,they trip on their own feet cause they're not sure on their feet yet,cuts and bruises are part of growing up...but it was sure she's way too much frighten for her kid.

Now what to say to that...I have so many liberties here and majority of people are foreigners so they act as they ;like all the time that I forget that there is minority to which this country actually belongs to and sometimes there are stories like this one.

Morning my lovelies :kiss:

My sweet summer child is certainly no longer a baby

Where does time go?

Proving that we are dedicated, selfless parents we are eating Alex's favorite foods today....meaning we had to suffer through bacon for breakfast and will have spicy chicken tacos for dinner. :P

Current cake pics will come later (not as nice as the one a few years ago, but Alex is happy with it, and that is what counts)

We are taking him to see "How to Train Your Dragon 2" today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX!!!! :cheers: :grouphug:

Happy birthday Alex :)

and a happy birthday to Alex and a happy 'labor day' to Lany!

maid said

Happy birthday to Alex! \m/

Thanks!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX!!!!!

And doesn't this mean you have a teenager again?

And a happy birthday to Alex. :cheers:

Thank you all for the birthday wishes :grouphug:

Bex, he is 12 today, so one more year

Hello, Lany! =o)

I'll post my congratulations tomorrow for your son. The cake's awesome. And since you are showing Janine Renard, I could choose Xanatos or Macbeth. ;o) Thinking of Fox - your avatar is really fitting.

Hello, Rhaenys and FB! =o)

hey Lany, here's something funny that i want to share , as you might know i've travelling the past week , still am and that means i've been changing money a lot even tho it's inside the EU (btw danes sure love their bridges ! ) and i got some dollars too, and i looked today and on the back of a five dollar bill in red somebody had written "Alex" and it made me think of you and the little guy happy birthday to him , hope he has a great time .

Sounds like your trip is going beetter. :lol: And thanks :)

You won't believe what happened today at work. I got new girl and her mother was with her all the time since it's kid's first day. soon it became obvious she's way overprotective...she literally was afraid of the doors being opened cause it may hit her. she was afraid other babies will hurt her if they touch her and such stuff...I told her other babies are not nearly as strong to be able to make kind of damage she's talking about ( broken arm btw ) and them she told me she's very worried her baby might get hurt cause if that happens her husband will beat her. I thought at first she meant it as a poor joke lost in translation but she said it again coupe more times and she told it to another person. I felt sorry for her. I told her her kid can get hurt even at home,they fall even when they walk over flat surface,they trip on their own feet cause they're not sure on their feet yet,cuts and bruises are part of growing up...but it was sure she's way too much frighten for her kid.

Now what to say to that...I have so many liberties here and majority of people are foreigners so they act as they ;like all the time that I forget that there is minority to which this country actually belongs to and sometimes there are stories like this one.

That is so horrible. I know this kind of thing happens, but it is still upsetting when you hear about it

Good day!

It's a lazy lovely Sunday. I'm just doing the regular cleaning, the laundry and preparing for a meeting tomorrow. Next, my hair needs fixing. Last time I dyed it, I got the wrong colour, much lighter than usual so I'm going back to the darker tone that looks more like my natural colour. If anyone wonders: why does she dye her hair to her natural colour? I do so because it will take years for it to grow out, ain't nobody got time for that! :commie: Also, it's not a strong dye, so my hair actually gets a better quality from it. I need some volume and dyeing dries it out just enough.

Ah congrats to the Rainy Bolognese :cheers:
Watch your back though, because I'll get you next time.

I managed to recruit a book reader :commie: a friend of mine just couldn't help herself after the season 4 finale and decided that she needed more of this asofia..asoyaf..asoiaf :)

:rofl: GMM, thanks for the laugh!

Congratulations to little Alex! Lany, have a wonderful day with your family :grouphug:

Happy Sunday!

Happy Birthday Alex!

Tragic.

So sad that anyone would have to live with that kind of fear. Of course, it happens and far worse, but still awful.

Happ Birthday Alex :commie: :commie:

For starters, I'm trying to plan a budget but I can't really orient myself in their website. There seem to be three different things: Membership, Member ID and Badges. Are memberships and badges bought separately?

I'm also looking at hotels in the area, but they seem to be price-y (at least for us). Is there a safe, low-budget place to stay in San Diego?

The flights I almost got figured out. We're coming from Southern Europe so we'll probably fly via Madrid and New York. We are considering taking a train on the trip to San Diego though - the prices seem almost the same as the flights and it's one more adventure to look forward to. Then again, 3 days in a Couch seat with possible delays also has its downsides.

Food and merchandise aside, are there any other taxes/expenses we should plan for either for the con or the flights/trains to/from San Diego?

Ok. So membership is free. Just register on the website. Once you register you will also have your member I.d.

Badges. Badges come after you purchase tickets. Purchasing tickets is a total crap shoot. Once you register you will be sent an email telling you when ticket purchasing will open. It's an online process and I think they switched it last year to lottery style. Usually tickets sell out in a matter of minutes.

Since you are planning on going 2016 it might be a good idea to go through the process in 2015 - buy a single night (Sundays are the cheapest) so that in 2016 you get to buy tickets before the general public. People that attend the year before get first dibs on the next year's tickets. Those go on sale in the fall versus the spring.

Most hotels in the area work with the con and there is a process for that as well. The marriott that is connected to the convention center is spendy. Hotels further away range from $80-$200. And there are shuttles to the con round the clock.

Most importantly, be prepared to experience like 150,000 people all at once. Once the schedule comes out figure out what you want to do the most and prep for it. If it's GoT panel be prepared to get up at like 4am to wait in line.

There are resources online like Friends of Comic Con and The Nerdist that have lots of information, nice people and Friends of CC is like a community.

It's a ton of fun if you are able to relax and take it all in. We may go this year or next. Depends on the money scenario.

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Koba! That's heartbreaking :grouphug:

Zar! Miss your words of wisdom :)

My King :kiss:

Cora - a :wub: for good measure! How's work coming along?

Maid - what happened to the :leer: PHysical therapist? PT + eye candy = :drool:

Today I pick out paint samples - wish me luck :D

This story is so sad. One can hope that the woman can find her way out of that sort of abusive/fearful relationship. Sadly, that doesn't always happen. :frown5:

Morning my lovelies :kiss:

My sweet summer child is certainly no longer a baby

Great pics, Lany. I hope you all have a wonderful day celebrating Alex's name day. I always think the mother should get presents, too. You did all the hard work that day! :kiss:

Thanks LadyQat! I always get lots of samples. Never know how light will change a color!

Nog - if you pack snacks you should be fine. People usually make friends while waiting in line. That way they save your spot if you have to run to the restroom and what not. For as many people as there are - I found it to be very welcoming, people had manners (which is rare) and for the most part it's just a bunch of easy going nerds/geeks like me :)

We really liked "How to Train Your Dragon 2" Although it has one sad spot that had Alex in tears. (he's very sensitive)

Happy Birthday to your little squire then. :)

Congratulations to little Alex! Lany, have a wonderful day with your family :grouphug:

Happy Sunday!

Happy Birthday Alex!

Happ Birthday Alex :commie: :commie:

Great pics, Lany. I hope you all have a wonderful day celebrating Alex's name day. I always think the mother should get presents, too. You did all the hard work that day! :kiss:

Thank you all so much. :grouphug: This place really is like a family.

I have shared all your comments with Alex. He thanks you, but is not of fan of my over-sharing. A mother takes her revenge where she can ;)

Lany,

i just looked at the pics of Alex and realized he's Harry Potter!

:lol: he really is! and he even dressed as HP one year for Halloween :D

(and you have not been the first to notice the resemblance. cracks me up...and then I recall that Danial Radcliff grew into a real hotty and I think "oh my, life is going to get real interesting very soon" )

Archived