TTTNE 430: And They Spammed Happily Ever After

RhaenysBee

I remember you!

You were one of the regulars here when I first started spamming almost a year ago. How goes it with the kitty? Almost a cat by now I should think.

He is! He's just over a year old now, but he's just as interesting and playful as ever. He has days where he's really needy though and that's annoying to be meowed at no matter how much you play with him, but he's still adorable!

Hi Eyron :cheers:

Also hi maid! :love:

So, I've created two separate balcony gardens. One of them is the balcony just off my bedroom and I have it filled with different flowers. I'm not sure what my problem is because I keep killing some flowers while some flowers grow and bloom just fine. I had a whole bunch of violas that just died for no reason. BUT my snapdragons have just started blooming and they look really pretty amongst the petunias. Do birds eat flowers though? Because I have had several dahlias just nipped off.

The other balcony garden is for various veggies and herbs. I think my oregano and thyme are just weeds at this point but my basil is growing well. Although really do birds eat flowers? Because two of my zucchini flowers were just ripped off :/ I live on the second floor so there's no real way for other animals to get to them. But I have tons of tomatoes and a few peppers growing, and maybe zucchini if the birds are whatever can keep their beaks off my flowers!

Since some were asking, here are the pictures frm my costume-in-progress http://imgur.com/a/KF32Q and some pictures form the wedding http://imgur.com/a/ITTYR.

Beautiful photos, congratulate the happy couple for me. I love your dress.

We are twins (who look nothing a like :D, I get called adopted a lot :( )

Your sister is younger right?

My sons always claim to be adopted!

Thanks! The island was beautiful and I recommend it to anyone! And if you watch Doctor Who, the Weeping Angel comes from that. I'm working on finishing painting the gloves and headpiece and then starting on the wings, so I'll def keep you guys posted

Oh wow, good idea for a costume! I saw an ep with them in it not long ago.

So, I've created two separate balcony gardens. One of them is the balcony just off my bedroom and I have it filled with different flowers. I'm not sure what my problem is because I keep killing some flowers while some flowers grow and bloom just fine. I had a whole bunch of violas that just died for no reason. BUT my snapdragons have just started blooming and they look really pretty amongst the petunias. Do birds eat flowers though? Because I have had several dahlias just nipped off.

The other balcony garden is for various veggies and herbs. I think my oregano and thyme are just weeds at this point but my basil is growing well. Although really do birds eat flowers? Because two of my zucchini flowers were just ripped off :/ I live on the second floor so there's no real way for other animals to get to them. But I have tons of tomatoes and a few peppers growing, and maybe zucchini if the birds are whatever can keep their beaks off my flowers!

MY gardening theory is that you have to kill so many of a certain plant before one will grow for you.

you need one of these

Hello spammers!

Another flyby with :grouphug: and :kiss: for all.

Tammy - lovely to see you!

Wally - welcome back!

OER - the wedding pics are lovely, and your costume work looks great. "The Angels Take Manhattan" was on this morning and I thought of you. :)

HC - Philly/NYC romances are not bad if you alternate driving every other weekend. We made it work for 14 months and it wasn't the distance that broke us up. I hope things work out well for chickee.

Had my annual echocardiogram this afternoon. No more doctors until Monday! Man I will be so glad to get back to work...

Have a great night.

Thanks Maid. I'm really not giving it as much thought as it sounds - it's her life and all.

I knew people in college who did long distance romance which always seemed like trouble to me because there's so much temptation. Once you're out in the working world there's generally less and less time to pursue it.

Sorry your relationship ended.

He is! He's just over a year old now, but he's just as interesting and playful as ever. He has days where he's really needy though and that's annoying to be meowed at no matter how much you play with him, but he's still adorable!

Hi Eyron :cheers:

Also hi maid! :love:

I'm glad to hear he's doing well though a needy cat defeats the purpose of having a cat (imo). The whole point is that they're independent critters. But every now and then, one comes along that is more dog like in the attention needing regard.

Hope for your sake he grows out of it somewhat.

now have 8 security programs and csan't ditch this outobox virus.

missing evertjhing.

want sledgehammer to killl computer

That sucks!

I have found a good computer guy in my town who is ridiculously cheap, but that does not help you. I hope you are able to find help for your problem.

Usually the problem with zucchini (as I'm sure you know) is that they're over productive and soon you have more than you can possibly eat or give away. I never heard of birds eating their flowers - but humans can eat them.

I love snapdragons, my aunt had them when i was young so they make me think of her.

I don't know for sure, but would suspect some sort of worm/caterpillar got your dahlias before I would suspect a bird.

My neighbors have a plastic owl on their roof. One day I saw some folks pointing at it, thinking it was real. I didn't have the heart to correct them.

Tammy - it could be squirrels, too. They have all sorts of tricksy ways to get up into balconies.

My neighbor's driveway/backyard project will be finished tomorrow! And her handyman is going to clean up all the overgrown stuff in my yard that I haven't been able to keep up with. He will probably plant some dahlia bulbs for me, too. :) I'm so happy! :D

ETA- thanks, HC. While the abrupt ending to that relationship was painful, it really was for the best. I'm better off now. \m/ His loss. :P

Pollo - He's not needy everyday, just some days he is. Strangely enough it's the days when I've been at home a few days in a row, and haven't left for long stretches of time. He apparently doesn't understand working from home actually means I have to work from home! On the whole I'm glad I got a cat that does like some attention as it would be annoying to have one who is too aloof, it's just some days that are frustrating!

Well as long as my zucchinis do produce at least a couple I can eat I'll be happy about it. I like Gilli's theory that you have to kill a certain amount of plant before they grow for you. I guess all those tomatoes that got attacked by whatever worm/creature a couple years ago is why these seem to be growing just fine (and a couple are even turning red right now!)

The snapdragons are beautiful though!

I don't think it's worms/catipillars though as I inspect the flowers daily and I've never seen any indication of that. And the entire flowers are just nipped completely off their base.

Maid - I guess it could be squirrels, but if they did come up to the balcony wouldn't they occasionally end up in my balcony? I've never seen them up here. Also, I've missed you!

Good evening folks :cheers:

Today I began my last semester of undergrad university. In six weeks I'll finally have finished this blasted degree. It's been a long road, with many ups and downs, disciplinary hearings, an expulsion and a couple of semesters of probation and suspension before I finally got my act together. In the seven years since I started my original freshman year I've seen the people in that class finish with medical school and law school, start careers and get married and have kids while I still fumbled around with the things most people manage to get done in the requisite four years. There were times I've felt like a failure for taking this long, that I was wasting everyone's time including my own, that it was beyond me and I'd never do it. But here I am, quite a different person than I was when I began. I wish I'd taken my parents' advice and waited an extra year before starting college. Maybe a year of working and maturing would have helped me avoid the stupid things I did that first year, help me focus more and get my shit done on time. But we can't change the past, so I guess I'll chalk it all up to a learning experience. Maybe if I'd never been kicked out of college I never would have kicked those old nasty habits, maybe if I'd never had to work a warehouse in Jamaica for less than minimum wage I never would have found the self motivation to do the damn thing properly. I certainly wouldn't have met the great friends I have now, wouldn't be able to look back on all these crazy memories and experiences I've had with them over the last 5 or 6 years. I wouldn't be working in a job where I get to help people everyday (albeit indirectly). I don't believe in fate, or that everything happens for a reason, but maybe in the end it was all for the best and I'm a better person because of it.

Needless to say I've been reminiscing and feeling nostalgic tonight. I guess it makes sense. In six short weeks I'll be closing one of the longest chapters in my life so far and starting a brand new one. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. Grad school maybe, or stay with the charity I work for and maybe try to make a career out of it. I can say in all honesty it's the most rewarding job I've ever had, not that I've had that many. Or maybe I'll say fuck it all and just start traveling. That's been my dream my whole life.

Anyway, I share this with you guys because of all the things I've been reminiscing about tonight the TTNE has actually been a pretty big part of it. I still remember the first time I looked in on this place, thinking what a crazy bunch you all were and that this was a place I'd like to be, and you all welcomed me like part of the family from the word go. There were a lot of different faces then, people I'm sure we all miss who we don't see around here anymore, or at least not as much (those of you who are board vets have much more experience with this I'm sure) but some are still here. Some new people have come and gone, and some are here to stay. In the three years or so I've been around I've been consistently amazed at the amount of love here, and by the incredible people who contribute to it. I don't know who coined the term spamily I've been seeing around lately (Yes I do still lurk even if I don't post as much :P) but it's incredibly fitting. I've been able to share things here that I had no one to talk to about in real life, without any fear of judgement. I've always been able to duck in when I need a laugh or a smile to get me through the day, or an excuse to put off whatever paper I'm supposed to be writing :P. No matter what's going on in the real world, I know the TTNE is always here. Usually fun, sometimes crazy, but always family.

So cheers to George for writing the books that brought this big, spammy family together. Cheers to Ran and the staff for the board that lets us host this insane never ending thread. And last but not least, cheers to you all, you crazy spammers of past, present and future, I love you guys.

KiD :grouphug:

I don't know who coined the term spamily

I think Cora did this :)

Sometimes people say "no matter how long it takes." I always felt this is wrong. The time you need does matter, it leads to the experiences you described and if it took you longer than others, you're be more experienced. So, you leave this university Gandalf-style instead of hobbiting around :D

Cheers to you and those last six weeks :cheers:

Today I began my last semester of undergrad university. In six weeks I'll finally have finished this blasted degree. It's been a long road, with many ups and downs, disciplinary hearings, an expulsion and a couple of semesters of probation and suspension before I finally got my act together. In the seven years since I started my original freshman year I've seen the people in that class finish with medical school and law school, start careers and get married and have kids while I still fumbled around with the things most people manage to get done in the requisite four years. There were times I've felt like a failure for taking this long, that I was wasting everyone's time including my own, that it was beyond me and I'd never do it. But here I am, quite a different person than I was when I began. I wish I'd taken my parents' advice and waited an extra year before starting college. Maybe a year of working and maturing would have helped me avoid the stupid things I did that first year, help me focus more and get my shit done on time. But we can't change the past, so I guess I'll chalk it all up to a learning experience. Maybe if I'd never been kicked out of college I never would have kicked those old nasty habits, maybe if I'd never had to work a warehouse in Jamaica for less than minimum wage I never would have found the self motivation to do the damn thing properly. I certainly wouldn't have met the great friends I have now, wouldn't be able to look back on all these crazy memories and experiences I've had with them over the last 5 or 6 years. I wouldn't be working in a job where I get to help people everyday (albeit indirectly). I don't believe in fate, or that everything happens for a reason, but maybe in the end it was all for the best and I'm a better person because of it.

Needless to say I've been reminiscing and feeling nostalgic tonight. I guess it makes sense. In six short weeks I'll be closing one of the longest chapters in my life so far and starting a brand new one. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. Grad school maybe, or stay with the charity I work for and maybe try to make a career out of it. I can say in all honesty it's the most rewarding job I've ever had, not that I've had that many. Or maybe I'll say fuck it all and just start traveling. That's been my dream my whole life.

Anyway, I share this with you guys because of all the things I've been reminiscing about tonight the TTNE has actually been a pretty big part of it. I still remember the first time I looked in on this place, thinking what a crazy bunch you all were and that this was a place I'd like to be, and you all welcomed me like part of the family from the word go. There were a lot of different faces then, people I'm sure we all miss who we don't see around here anymore, or at least not as much (those of you who are board vets have much more experience with this I'm sure) but some are still here. Some new people have come and gone, and some are here to stay. In the three years or so I've been around I've been consistently amazed at the amount of love here, and by the incredible people who contribute to it. I don't know who coined the term spamily I've been seeing around lately (Yes I do still lurk even if I don't post as much :P) but it's incredibly fitting. I've been able to share things here that I had no one to talk to about in real life, without any fear of judgement. I've always been able to duck in when I need a laugh or a smile to get me through the day, or an excuse to put off whatever paper I'm supposed to be writing :P. No matter what's going on in the real world, I know the TTNE is always here. Usually fun, sometimes crazy, but always family.

So cheers to George for writing the books that brought this big, spammy family together. Cheers to Ran and the staff for the board that lets us host this insane never ending thread. And last but not least, cheers to you all, you crazy spammers of past, present and future, I love you guys.

awesome post, KiD!!!

All the very best for the next six weeks, and beyond!!

Thanks for putting it into words! I feel the same about this spamily!

KiD :grouphug:

I think Cora did this :)

Sometimes people say "no matter how long it takes." I always felt this is wrong. The time you need does matter, it leads to the experiences you described and if it took you longer than others, you're be more experienced. So, you leave this university Gandalf-style instead of hobbiting around :D

Cheers to you and those last six weeks :cheers:

Yes, definitely Cora.

listen to Adara , she is wise, (and better with words than i am.)

Wisdom :blushing:

So.

I rushed to the calendar to mark the day red, cause I never thought that anyone would say something like this about me. Stumbled over the cat, who was confused to watch me moving at lightspeed at 9 o'clock in the morning. Slided very inelegantly against the door. Now my forehead looks like a dolphin's.

Wrote this in my calendar: "Wisdom. In a parallel universe, I probably do it right."

:grouphug: :kiss: Congrats to your upcoming college degree, you did a great job! And the best of luck with those 6 remaining weeks and whatever you decide to do after graduating! :cheers: to you too, KiD, we are so proud and happy for you!

Morning.

The impossible happened. I woke up at 6.30 by myself and couldn't go back to sleep. Meh.

It's still cold outside. I'll try to pick up a black bikini today and some new flipflops. It's amazing how I have to get flipflops every year, even though I had 3 the previous year. Well, one usually dissects with age or becomes the victim of the dogs at my parents', another takes its place being the over-used, at-home one and the third gets stolen by my sister. Well that was the case so far, now she's got bigger feet than I do, so that finally won't be an issue from now on because my flipflops won't fit her anymore. Did I mention that she is taller than me too? Just 1-2 centimeters or so, but still... :lol:

So when that's done, I'll just pack up and be off. Seriously can't wait.

Have a great day people!

Good prenoon, Spamily!

I totally missed this :o Welcome back, Crippled God! :grouphug: Nice to see you again :)

KiD, that is beautiful. I'm very happy for you and wish you good luck with whatever you decide to do in the future. You were here to greet me when I joined the spamily, and had part in making this feel like a second home to me. :cheers:

now have 8 security programs and csan't ditch this outobox virus.

missing evertjhing.

want sledgehammer to killl computer

That sucks. Personally I use Avast, and that seems to be working. You can also restore your computer to what it was when you bought it.

Great post! Spamily hug! :grouphug:

Had my graduation ceremony yesterday evening. It was so nice. There were many good speeches, and some of us students also did one. We had also been making a parody-video of the teachers in a Paradise-Hotel setting, which everyone found very funny. We also had our diplomas delivered, and I'm quite happy with the results of my grades.

Cheers! :cheers:

Awesome post KiD!

And back at you! It's been fun reading about your adventures. Hope you can stay in touch going forward.

awesome post, KiD!!!

All the very best for the next six weeks, and beyond!!

Thanks for putting it into words! I feel the same about this spamily!

Yes, definitely Cora.

Oh pish-tush, Gillio! You are too good with words. And you're also good with warmth and caring. Sometimes that's more important than the words themselves.

Wisdom :blushing:

So.

I rushed to the calendar to mark the day red, cause I never thought that anyone would say something like this about me. Stumbled over the cat, who was confused to watch me moving at lightspeed at 9 o'clock in the morning. Slided very inelegantly against the door. Now my forehead looks like a dolphin's.

Wrote this in my calendar: "Wisdom. In a parallel universe, I probably do it right."

And pish-tush to you too! You deserved the compliment and those gifs were spot on!

It's still cold outside. I'll try to pick up a black bikini today and some new flipflops. It's amazing how I have to get flipflops every year, even though I had 3 the previous year. Well, one usually dissects with age or becomes the victim of the dogs at my parents', another takes its place being the over-used, at-home one and the third gets stolen by my sister. Well that was the case so far, now she's got bigger feet than I do, so that finally won't be an issue from now on because my flipflops won't fit her anymore. Did I mention that she is taller than me too? Just 1-2 centimeters or so, but still... :lol:

Flip-flops and horses, is it just me being a big chicken ( :P ) or does that sound like a bad combination? OK so you didn't say you wear them in the stables. Guess it's just my imagination, running away with me . . . (now you see why I like the liars thread so much. :) ).

I am about to sign the contract for my first job tomorrow.

:cheers:

Great news! Congratulations!

@ Nero

congrats to you too on the graduation and the grades. Well done!

@Tammy

forgot to quote you. Iirc, squash plants all have male and female flowers and the male ones fall off awhen they've completed their "mission". The females become squash. http://www.gardenguides.com/412-squash-flowers-but-squash.html

Flip-flops and horses, is it just me being a big chicken ( :P ) or does that sound like a bad combination? OK so you didn't say you wear them in the stables. Guess it's just my imagination, running away with me . . . (now you see why I like the liars thread so much. :) ).

That'll be your lying imagination, HC :lol: Horses? I'm not even going riding now. There won't be any horses around, only some sun and summer (hopefully, though it's still pretty gray and rainy outside. we'll see) :)

Btw, my flip-flop and swimsuit mission was an epic fail. I just want a simple black bikini which fits me. Too much to ask? It seems so. Everything is glittery, neon striped or size XL... meh.

Had my graduation ceremony yesterday evening. It was so nice. There were many good speeches, and some of us students also did one. We had also been making a parody-video of the teachers in a Paradise-Hotel setting, which everyone found very funny. We also had our diplomas delivered, and I'm quite happy with the results of my grades.

Congratulations on your graduation, Nero! :grouphug:

Hello Spammers!

KiD, congratulations on graduating soon.

I am about to sign the contract for my first job tomorrow.

Congrats on the job! :cheers:

Spamland is doing so awesome these days. Everybody graduates and gets a job and finishes college... So proud of you guys!

:cheers:

Great news! Congratulations!

Congrats on the job! :cheers:

Thanks! :cheers:

Spamland is doing so awesome these days. Everybody graduates and gets a job and finishes college... So proud of you guys!

Yes, it seems like 2014 will be a year of many changes in the spamily.

Congratulations, Nog! First job is always exiting :)

And congrats to the graduation, Nero!

Only change happening around me is my shiny recycled avatar :D Ak, look! She's back!

Archived