TTTNE 430: And They Spammed Happily Ever After

RhaenysBee

Hey everyone! So I recently got my settlement check (from my car accident back in September) and am using some of that money for LASIK. I was fine but now I'm slightly panicked after reading some negative stories. Has anyone on here had it done?

Congratulations, Nog! First job is always exiting :)

Nog - good luck with the job!

Thank you!

Nero , kid, noG

Grats :grouphug:

Ave, Mark. Thank you. :)

Hey everyone! So I recently got my settlement check (from my car accident back in September) and am using some of that money for LASIK. I was fine but now I'm slightly panicked after reading some negative stories. Has anyone on here had it done?

The only thing I can tell you is that I'm at -1.75/-1.25 and my eye-doctor told me that this is too small a number to risk LASIK over.

I have not had it done, but one of my closest friends was practically legally blind without her glasses and she said it was the best investment she ever made. Her surgery was several years ago and so far, so good.

Good luck!

Thanks maid and crannog! I'm gonna just try to relax about the whole thing. I have horrible vision (-4 in both eyes) so I should be good. I have my consult next week so I hope it all works out

Hello, spamily! =o)

I'm sorry I haven't been around this often this week. But I'm okay.

KiD: thanks for that post. It's really great. =o)

Nog: congrats on the job! =o)

Congrats, Nero!

:grouphug: and :kiss:

I still like working at the new place - it's way better than the old one.

And we (Japan) are definitely out of the WC :crying: Me so sad. The last game was like how they are supposed to play, really good actually, until it all fell through.

And we (Japan) are definitely out of the WC :crying: Me so sad. The last game was like how they are supposed to play, really good actually, until it all fell through.

:grouphug:

I was hoping they'd do well too of course. But now I can return to supporting my real team :P

Good evening folks :cheers:

Today I began my last semester of undergrad university. In six weeks I'll finally have finished this blasted degree. It's been a long road, with many ups and downs, disciplinary hearings, an expulsion and a couple of semesters of probation and suspension before I finally got my act together. In the seven years since I started my original freshman year I've seen the people in that class finish with medical school and law school, start careers and get married and have kids while I still fumbled around with the things most people manage to get done in the requisite four years. There were times I've felt like a failure for taking this long, that I was wasting everyone's time including my own, that it was beyond me and I'd never do it. But here I am, quite a different person than I was when I began. I wish I'd taken my parents' advice and waited an extra year before starting college. Maybe a year of working and maturing would have helped me avoid the stupid things I did that first year, help me focus more and get my shit done on time. But we can't change the past, so I guess I'll chalk it all up to a learning experience. Maybe if I'd never been kicked out of college I never would have kicked those old nasty habits, maybe if I'd never had to work a warehouse in Jamaica for less than minimum wage I never would have found the self motivation to do the damn thing properly. I certainly wouldn't have met the great friends I have now, wouldn't be able to look back on all these crazy memories and experiences I've had with them over the last 5 or 6 years. I wouldn't be working in a job where I get to help people everyday (albeit indirectly). I don't believe in fate, or that everything happens for a reason, but maybe in the end it was all for the best and I'm a better person because of it.

Needless to say I've been reminiscing and feeling nostalgic tonight. I guess it makes sense. In six short weeks I'll be closing one of the longest chapters in my life so far and starting a brand new one. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. Grad school maybe, or stay with the charity I work for and maybe try to make a career out of it. I can say in all honesty it's the most rewarding job I've ever had, not that I've had that many. Or maybe I'll say fuck it all and just start traveling. That's been my dream my whole life.

Anyway, I share this with you guys because of all the things I've been reminiscing about tonight the TTNE has actually been a pretty big part of it. I still remember the first time I looked in on this place, thinking what a crazy bunch you all were and that this was a place I'd like to be, and you all welcomed me like part of the family from the word go. There were a lot of different faces then, people I'm sure we all miss who we don't see around here anymore, or at least not as much (those of you who are board vets have much more experience with this I'm sure) but some are still here. Some new people have come and gone, and some are here to stay. In the three years or so I've been around I've been consistently amazed at the amount of love here, and by the incredible people who contribute to it. I don't know who coined the term spamily I've been seeing around lately (Yes I do still lurk even if I don't post as much :P) but it's incredibly fitting. I've been able to share things here that I had no one to talk to about in real life, without any fear of judgement. I've always been able to duck in when I need a laugh or a smile to get me through the day, or an excuse to put off whatever paper I'm supposed to be writing :P. No matter what's going on in the real world, I know the TTNE is always here. Usually fun, sometimes crazy, but always family.

So cheers to George for writing the books that brought this big, spammy family together. Cheers to Ran and the staff for the board that lets us host this insane never ending thread. And last but not least, cheers to you all, you crazy spammers of past, present and future, I love you guys.

:wub: This is such a lovely post, and I'm so happy for you and proud for your achievement. Way to go, KiD! :cheers:

Sometimes people say "no matter how long it takes." I always felt this is wrong. The time you need does matter, it leads to the experiences you described and if it took you longer than others, you're be more experienced. So, you leave this university Gandalf-style instead of hobbiting around :D

I initially read that as Gangnam style. So I had to find a dancing gandalf. :rofl:

I am about to sign the contract for my first job tomorrow.

AWESOME!!!! Congratulations, CD. Another great achievement. :cheers:

Had my graduation ceremony yesterday evening. It was so nice. There were many good speeches, and some of us students also did one. We had also been making a parody-video of the teachers in a Paradise-Hotel setting, which everyone found very funny. We also had our diplomas delivered, and I'm quite happy with the results of my grades.

Congratulations on your graduation and good grades, too! :cheers:

Apparently this is a year of achievements and celebrations. I have finally become debt free as of one month ago. Now I am finally ready to move into a nifty little townhouse. I sign the papers this afternoon. Yippee! Except for moving, which kinda sucks. But I'm really looking forward to the new lovely little abode.

Nog: congrats on the job! =o)

Congrats Nero and Nog :cheers:

Congrats on graduating Nero, and congrats on the job Nog :cheers:

AWESOME!!!! Congratulations, CD. Another great achievement. :cheers:

Thank you, all! :cheers:

Apparently this is a year of achievements and celebrations. I have finally become debt free as of one month ago. Now I am finally ready to move into a nifty little townhouse. I sign the papers this afternoon. Yippee! Except for moving, which kinda sucks. But I'm really looking forward to the new lovely little abode.

And congratulations to you, too!

Congratulations on your graduation and good grades, too! :cheers:

Thanks! :cheers:

Must be good to be debt free. Good luck moving!

*dances into the thread*

Hi!

*sprinkles happiness and distributes :grouphug: and :kiss: to all*

*congratulates those who require it*

*rants about the disgusting football pig who has bitten someone and will not be arrested like any normal citizen :angry: :tantrum:*

*dances back out of the thread*

Hello, Eira! =o)

Didn't know Japan was out of the WC. That's really sad.

How are you, my friend?

Hello, Mark! =o)

Hello, Cat. :kiss:

Those .jpgs and .gifs are hilarious. :lmao: You know a friend of mine and me talked about a Gangnam style Tywin. <lol>!

Hello, Helena. =o)

Archived