who is the smartest character in terms of raw intellect

Godbreaker

Thats a difficult question to answer there are many kinds of intelligence could you be more specific.

I think he meant literally.

But still hard to measure. A Maester should be smart, but that's not a given.

Rodrik, Oberyn, Littlefinger, Varys, Roose, Tyrion and so many more could be intelligent. Then we have Missandei who is extremely young but already a polyglot. Doesn't mean she has to have an high IQ but still it's quite impressive.

Stannis

Stannis seems to be clever in many aspects and there's no indication he is stupid but I still don't think he would measure up to some of the "intellectuals". He does seem to know a lot about history among others though so he still is keen on educating himself further.

Stannis seems to be clever in many aspects and there's no indication he is stupid but I still don't think he would measure up to some of the "intellectuals". He does seem to know a lot about history among others though so he still is keen on educating himself further.

yeah I know... I was just trolling a little :)

I think he meant literally.

But still hard to measure. A Maester should be smart, but that's not a given.

Rodrik, Oberyn, Littlefinger, Varys, Roose, Tyrion and so many more could be intelligent. Then we have Missandei who is extremely young but already a polyglot. Doesn't mean she has to have an high IQ but still it's quite impressive.

Well in terms of just I.Q. my vote would be for Samwell.

Meh.. booksmart? or plotsmart?

Plotsmart Baelish is a genius, as is Varys. Illyrio as well more than likely. However while plot smart, i wouldnt consider them overly booksmart.

Booksmart? Roderick The Reader, Samwell Tarly. And actually, if you think about it, Tyrion Lannister.

Overall? A good average of every element? Hmm... That's tough.

Tywin, sorry to throw that name around as it's been overly used lately, being the dumpy woman and all, but Tywin was both booksmart, and schemesmart

By rep, Rhaegar, Jon Arryn. Maybe Willas.

By observation, people who impressed were Marwyn, the Sphinx, the High Sparrow, Varys, LF, Tyrion, Tywin, Renly, Oberyn, Roose, Qyburn, Jorah, Sam, Aemon, Doran, Mel, Mance, Jon, the QOT, Garlan, the Reader, Illyrio, Aegon, both Reed kids, Val...

Cat and Stannis are capable of being very sharp or very stupid.

yeah I know... I was just trolling a little :)

Got that ;) But he's still a borderline case either way, so that's why I was elaborating.

Well in terms of just I.Q. my vote would be for Samwell.

Yeah, how could I forget him. I would also put him in the top tier.

Archived