Crackpot - Daario Naharis

Dunk tha Lunk

Why do you think Daario will betray her? He has had ample opportunity already and hasn't.

It's not me. I don't really have an opinion on that. But I've seen a lot, and I mean A LOT of posters saying Daario is going to betray her. The "seemingly inevitable" is meant to be from that POV.

1. I'm far from sure Daario will betray Dany, much less it being inevitable

2. Other characters betrayed Dany, yet their motives were simple and straightforward: like Brown Ben or Jorah. One doesn't need to be Blackfyre to have anti-Dany agenda.

3. I meant - secret identity to us - readers.

1. I'm not sure of it either. See above.

2. Didn't say a character has to be a Blackfyre to be anti-Dany. BTW a Blackfyre would have a simple and straightforward motive for betrayal: IT=mine. Can't get much simpler than that.

3. Understood. But a bloodline isn't an identity. He'd still be the same guy.

Since there is zero indication that he is secretly someone else, I feel well about my assumption that he is who he is, a bloated sellsword with the hots for Daenerys.

Also Daario pretty much the most straightforward guy, and not that bright. Do you really think he has the ability to pretend to be someone else?

Since there is zero indication that he is secretly someone else, I feel well about my assumption that he is who he is, a bloated sellsword with the hots for Daenerys.

Also Daario pretty much the most straightforward guy, and not that bright. Do you really think he has the ability to pretend to be someone else?

What makes you think he isn't bright? I don't see him surviving as Captain of the Stormcrows without some intelligence and wits about him.

What makes you think he isn't bright? I don't see him surviving as Captain of the Stormcrows without some intelligence and wits about him.

I remember his approach to war being something like: I will go there and kill them for Daenerys. He doesn't think very strategically. Maybe he is not an idiot but he is not smart either.

• 1 month later...

"A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly." A Clash of Kings

"Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, had a sad smile on his lips."A Game of Thrones

"To be sure, she was just as guilty. Dany found herself stealing looks at the Tyroshi when her captains came to council, and sometimes at night she remembered the way his gold tooth glittered when he smiled. That, and his eyes. His bright blue eyes." A Storm of Swords

Daario is Arthur Dayne.

I remember his approach to war being something like: I will go there and kill them for Daenerys. He doesn't think very strategically. Maybe he is not an idiot but he is not smart either.

Just because he didn't lay out his strategy doesn't mean there isn't one.

You need to be smart to survive and lead a merc company in that extreme cutthroat world. That he's risen so far and so fast shows he's got a brain in his head.

Alright, not Rheagar, not Arthur Dayne both of whom are old enough to be her father, and dead.

Some blackfyre maybe or just some old valarian blood. Basically he's just man candy, yum yum to a teenage hormone laden girl.

But all a moot point isn't it

wasn't he just flung from a catapult over the walls of Mereen

He doesn't have to be secretly anyone else to be more than he seems (as the author has indicated).

Have to agree with Blood Loss. Could be he wants everyone to think he's a brainless enforcer.

Alright, not Rheagar, not Arthur Dayne both of whom are old enough to be her father, and dead.

Some blackfyre maybe or just some old valarian blood. Basically he's just man candy, yum yum to a teenage hormone laden girl.

I thought that too, but apparently not.

• 2 weeks later...

I know there are many crackpot theories about Daario Naharis, although I think that my own theory is not that far-fetched. I think Daario Naharis is Arthur Dayne.

Firstly, we know that Arthur Dayne is assumed dead:

"They whispered of Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, deadliest of the seven knights of Aerys’s Kingsguard, and of how their young lord had slain him in single combat." A Game of Thrones

In addition, he had a sad smile:

"Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, had a sad smile on his lips." A Game of Thrones

So, Arthur Dayne = dead man with a sad smile.

Secondly, we have a vision of a dead man smiling sadly:

"A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly" A Clash of Kings

Using the equation from above, Arthur Dayne has bright eyes and he is on a ship.

Thirdly, Tyrosh is across the sea:

"Arianne could not be fooled so easily. “Is it Myr, then? Tyrosh? I know he is somewhere across the narrow sea, hiring sellswords to steal away my birthright.”" A Feast for Crows

Fourthly, we know of a knight of the Kingsguard (Barristan Selmy) who grew a beard and a friend of Rhaeger (Jon Connignton) who dyed his hair blue in order to disguise themselves:

"Ser Jorah flushed red. “Mero shaved his beard, but you grew one, didn’t you? No wonder you looked so bloody familiar . . . ”" A Storm of Swords

"Even the men who’d ridden with him might not recognize the exile lord Jon Connington of the fiery red beard in the lined, clean-shaved face and dyed blue hair of the sellsword Griff." A Dance with Dragons

Furthermore, Arthur Dayne is both a knight of the Kingsguard and a friend of Rhaeger.

A combination of all of the above will give us this: Arthur had bright eyes; he crossed the sea - possibly to Tyrosh; and disguise himself so no one will recognize him.

Lastly, we have someone who is a Tyroshi with bright eyes, blue hair and a beard:

"Daario Naharis was flamboyant even for a Tyroshi. His beard was cut into three prongs and dyed blue, the same color as his eyes and the curly hair that fell to his collar." A Storm of Swords

"Dany found herself stealing looks at the Tyroshi when her captains came to council, and sometimes at night she remembered the way his gold tooth glittered when he smiled. That, and his eyes. His bright blue eyes." A Storm of Swords

Therefore, Daario Naharis = Arthur Dayne.

I know there are many crackpot theories about Daario Naharis, although I think that my own theory is not that far-fetched. I think Daario Naharis is Arthur Dayne.

Firstly, we know that Arthur Dayne is assumed dead:

In addition, he had a sad smile:

So, Arthur Dayne = dead man with a sad smile.

Secondly, we have a vision of a dead man smiling sadly:

Using the equation from above, Arthur Dayne has bright eyes and he is on a ship.

Thirdly, Tyrosh is across the sea:

Fourthly, we know of a knight of the Kingsguard (Barristan Selmy) who grew a beard and a friend of Rhaeger (Jon Connignton) who dyed his hair blue in order to disguise themselves:

Furthermore, Arthur Dayne is both a knight of the Kingsguard and a friend of Rhaeger.

A combination of all of the above will give us this: Arthur had bright eyes; he crossed the sea - possibly to Tyrosh; and disguise himself so no one will recognize him.

Lastly, we have someone who is a Tyroshi with bright eyes, blue hair and a beard:

Therefore, Daario Naharis = Arthur Dayne.

If the person your theorizing Dario being is dead, and if that person somehow wasn't dead would be much much older than the person you are theorizing they are, then your theory is in fact far fetched, thats pretty much where I draw the line.

He doesn't have to be secretly anyone else to be more than he seems (as the author has indicated).

Have to agree with Blood Loss. Could be he wants everyone to think he's a brainless enforcer.

I thought that too, but apparently not.

They were catapulting dead plague victims, not hostages. Tho Dario may in fact be dead... as we know Barristan wanted the Tattered Prince to rescue the hostages and he has thus far been missing from the battle, we also know that Tyrion is trying to get the second sons to rescue the hostages to show their loyalty to Dany.

And makes it rather pathetic that Jorah is jealous of him, and Barristan doesn't trust him.

Daario is a pseudonym for Daereon Blackfyre (or Brightflame), who is using Dany to get to Westeros and claim the Iron Throne for himself. Of course since they seem to have some good chemistry and she does have the dragons, he'll probably offer to make her his queen.

ETA: I was clicking around on the wiki today and learned that Haegon Blackfyre (the youngest of Daemon's sons) was taken by Bittersteel to Tyrosh. :eek: There's no information on his death. Daario actually could be a Blackfyre descendant through the female line. And Tyrosh isn't far from Lys either, so there could be more Valyrian blood in his background. What color would those eyes be if he washed out the blue dye? :shocked:

I thought it was theorized that he was the only Blackfyre left to lead 1 of the rebellions in westeros that we know little about.

If the person your theorizing Dario being is dead, and if that person somehow wasn't dead would be much much older than the person you are theorizing they are, then your theory is in fact far fetched, thats pretty much where I draw the line.

Daario's age was never mentioned.

Archived