R+L=J v.85

J. Stargaryen

"Ah, Arya. You have a wildness in you, child. The ‘Wolf Blood', my father used to call it. Lyanna had a touch of it, and my brother Brandon more than a touch. It brought them both to an early grave.''

Doesn't this quote tacitly confirms that Lyanna wasn't abducted by Rhaegar? That is , unless Ned is a victim blamer as evidenced by the fact that he partially acknowledges Brandon's fault in his own demise due to his headstrong behavior caused by his "wolf blood" , same as Lyanna.

That being said , could the fiction put forth by Robert and the rebels that Lyanna was kidnapped and raped be put down by Ned himself when he said the above line to Arya ?

"Ah, Arya. You have a wildness in you, child. The ‘Wolf Blood', my father used to call it. Lyanna had a touch of it, and my brother Brandon more than a touch. It brought them both to an early grave.''

Doesn't this quote tacitly confirms that Lyanna wasn't abducted by Rhaegar? That is , unless Ned is a victim blamer as evidenced by the fact that he partially acknowledges Brandon's fault in his own demise due to his headstrong behavior caused by his "wolf blood" , same as Lyanna.

That being said , could the fiction put forth by Robert and the rebels that Lyanna was kidnapped and raped be put down by Ned himself when he said the above line to Arya ?

i personally believe that from his thoughts that it means lyanna was the Knight of Laughing of Tree and which would have made the Rhaegar took notice of lyanna somehow and eventually it lead to everything that happened

i personally believe that from his thoughts that it means lyanna was the Knight of Laughing of Tree and which would have made the Rhaegar took notice of lyanna somehow and eventually it lead to everything that happened

I agree with this as well, that it was as much GRRM's emphasis on the consequences of stepping out of one's place in society, (especially a woman), as much as anything else she may have done,

And going back to the show, I'm reminded of Briennes statement about her father wanting her to learn how to fight correctly and Neds own decision to let Arya have her "dancing" lessons as opposed to Lyanna whose father forbade her to carry a sword.

I agree with this as well, that it was as much GRRM's emphasis on the consequences of stepping out of one's place in society, (especially a woman), as much as anything else she may have done,

And going back to the show, I'm reminded of Briennes statement about her father wanting her to learn how to fight correctly and Neds own decision to let Arya have her "dancing" lessons as opposed to Lyanna whose father forbade her to carry a sword.

Arya practiced with mycah in secret and Lyanna practiced secretly with benjen stark in the godswood

I often watched zap2it's google hangouts and during the finale discussions, towards the end, Kara Warner of YahooTV mentioned that she has talked to GRRM and she said that GRRM will reveal the entire scenario of the Tourney of Harrenhal. I hope she's right. I would love to see how it all played out and if there would be more clues and foreshadowing in those texts. Also, it'd be great if GRRM would write the full event at the TOJ too. I believe that when we meet Howland Reed in the books, he's the character device of where these events will be fully revealed.

Their discussions about the future of the book series and the show.

skip to 49:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOMxzqoHa2s

Indeed. And one with little to no clues.. :(

Maybe there are and we haven't seen them.

Back in the OotP days, when Half-Blood prince release was announced, someone figured out that the date had been foreshadowing during the scene of the broken prophecies, that two of the figures talking were JKR's editors, and they actually gave a date.

If you can choose between a direwolf and a dragon, or a combo, I don't think you're going to choose a rose that makes you look gay (as with Loras and his stupid roses).

As a sigil, you mean? Henry VII of England fought under a dragon sigil while he was trying to win the throne, and then assumed a rose sigil after he got the throne, because of its symbolism.

Maybe there are and we haven't seen them.

Back in the OotP days, when Half-Blood prince release was announced, someone figured out that the date had been foreshadowing during the scene of the broken prophecies, that two of the figures talking were JKR's editors, and they actually gave a date.

What? Seriously? I've read that book, several times, and I can't remember any such scene (though it has been a few years by now, I admit). But they believed JKR already knew when her 6th book would be released while writing the 5th?

What? Seriously? I've read that book, several times, and I can't remember any such scene (though it has been a few years by now, I admit). But they believed JKR already knew when her 6th book would be released while writing the 5th?

It was many many years ago, but yes, something like that.

Eh, that was tenuous at best:

Two figures, pearly white as ghosts, fluid as smoke, unfurled themselves from the fragments of broken glass upon the floor and each began

to speak. Their voices vied with each other, so that only fragments of what they were saying could be heard over Malfoy and Bellatrix’s

shouts.

. . . at the Solstice will come a new . . .” said the figure of an old, bearded man.

“DO NOT ATTACK! WE NEED THE PROPHECY!”

“He dared — he dares —” shrieked Bellatrix incoherently. “— He stands there — filthy half-blood —”

“WAIT UNTIL WE’VE GOT THE PROPHECY!” bawled Malfoy.

. . . and none will come after . . .” said the figure of a young woman.

The two figures that had burst from the shattered spheres had melted into thin air.

HBP was released July 16th and DH was July 21st, which doesn't line up with our summer solstice (in June), but it worked on the Hindu calendar or something.

As for TWOW, GRRM said at the end of AFFC that he "devoutly" hoped for ADWD to be out the following year. So even if he did have some sort of hint at a release date hidden in his text, it's unlikely to be accurate.

Still, this is the kind of crack-pottery I enjoy.

As for TWOW, GRRM said at the end of the year that he "devoutly" hoped for ADWD to be out the following year. So even if he did have some sort of hint at a release date hidden in his text, it's unlikely to be accurate.

I'm not sure whether I'm confused or this sentence doesn't make sense.

the release of the next book is bigger mystery than R+L=J

At this point most likely. Especially since the R+L=J threads are no longer about whether it is true, but how Jon will find out and how we will find out. And the most recent topic is TWOW release date. Hurry up GRRM...I want to read it in time to rub it in my brother's face about Jon.

Man, I am going to hate it when GRRM reveals that he has finished WofW and DofS books, but is waiting on the series to catch up before releasing them . . .

Agreed, but I don't think he would do that. There would probably be a lot of angry fans at his door. :fencing:

I don't think GRRM wants to fight anyone.

Archived