Did Bloodraven warg Shaggy Dog and Summer in the Godswood? (ACoK)

In ACoK, Jojen and Meera are speaking to Bran about the green dreams. Jojen is telling Bran he should leave Winterfell, but doesn't provide any details, other than it having something to do with his green dreams, which Meera explains are different from regular dreams, and Jojen claims always come true. They are all in the weirwood together, and eventually Summer and Shaggy Dog attack Jojen, and Bran has to call them off.

He says (or thinks to himself) that it wasn't he who had influenced the wolves to do this, but he could feel (or suspected) that some other influence had.

Was this Bloodraven? Seems likely as they were all in the Godswood at the time, and Jojen might have been about to say too much about his green dreams. I suppose if Bran had been convinced to leave Winterfell too early, he may have died or had been brought back to Winterfell by his loyal subjects and kept under close watch.

Anyway, didn't notice this detail the first time around (the wolves attacking Jojen for "no reason"), but on a second read-through this seems very much like Bloodraven's interference.

Nope, it was Summer acting out on Bran's discomfort and anger and Shaggy took his cue from Summer.

Also, why would BR have Summer attack Jojen? He is acting as his agent. I also think Bran would know if someone messed with Summer.

Nope, it was Summer acting out on Bran's discomfort and anger and Shaggy took his cue from Summer.

Also, why would BR have Summer attack Jojen? He is acting as his agent. I also think Bran would know if someone messed with Summer.

Gotcha. Didn't realize Jojen was Bloodraven's agent, but it makes sense, since he's getting his information from the Green Dreams.

The reason it felt like they had been warged is because Bran mentions feeling as if an outside influence other than himself had acted on the wolves behavior. Now, that might have just been Bran being paranoid, but if Summer was only feeding off Bran's discomfort, why would Bran mention this? I don't think GRRM would've written Bran's suspicions this way if it was just Summer reading his emotions.

My idea was that Jojen was telling Bran too much too soon which is still possible even if he is Bloodraven's agent. Also, the location of the scene being the Godswood also contributes to this theory.

Archived