your ASOIAF books ranking

NorthRememberz

There is one right answer

Game

Storm

Feast

Clash

Dance - and I actually enjoy DWD. I have re-read it a few times.

Don't judge feast or dance as lesser books because someone told you they are. Form your own opinions. Then disregard them as my opinion is right and yours is wrong.

Don't judge feast or dance as lesser books because someone told you they are. Form your own opinions. Then disregard them as my opinion is right and yours is wrong.

I loved Dance. I just loved Storm, Game, and Clash more. Feast gets the last spot for me because some of my favorite characters weren't in it, but it's still a great book imo.

A Game of Thrones

A Storm of Swords

A Feast for Crows

A Dance with Dragons

A Clash of Kings

On my first read I HATED Feast, second time I realised just how awesome it actually is.

For me it's:

- ASOS

- ADWD

- AGOT

- ACOK

- AFFC

I think all of the books contribute significantly to the overall story and as such I actually love them all for different reasons. I tend to look at the series as one continuous book rather than separate installments. That's how I read the series, too. But since the OP asked for a ranking, the above is about as close as I can get. ASOS is really the only one that currently stands out on top. The others are all about the same quality for me, with AFFC being slightly weaker.

I found AFFC rather disappointing on a first read too but when rereading and pairing it ADWD, I've liked it a lot more. The biggest weakness of those two books is the large number of cliffhangers that will hopefully work much better once TWOW is published.

2nd half of Storm is the best thing ever.

Game is solid throughout.

Dance has 3 or 4 of the best chapters of the series but mostly is forgettable.

Clash was slow for me, but did a good job leading up to Blackwater and executing it.

Feast has very little to take away from it. I think it was just a long way of describing why Cersei and the Iron born are so crazy.

For me :

1.A dance with dragons

2.Storm of swords.

3.A feast for crows

4.A game of thrones

5.-

6.A clash of kings.

I think dance with dragons is my most favorite book overall, closely followed by storm of swords and then very closely followed by a feast for crows. I think some parts of feast of crows are my most favorite of the whole series.

I put a clash of kings at 6 because I really don't like the book as much as the others so I thought it was fitting to put it 2 under a game of thrones.

Archived