Tom Wlashiha (Jaqen) returning

BlackTalon

The exact quote

And earlier in the same chapter

The king is dead, is that sour enough for you?"

Arya's heart caught in her throat.

"Which bloody king is dead, crone?" Lem demanded.

"The wet one. The kraken king, m'lords. I dreamt him dead and he died. and the iron squids now turn on one another

And earlier in the same chapter

The king is dead, is that sour enough for you?"

Arya's heart caught in her throat.

"The wet one. The kraken king, m'lords. I dreamt him dead and he died. and the iron squids now turn on one another

Two 'dreamts = VERY VAGUE to me

Regarding the kindly man: A big problem is the fact that he is not just Arya's teacher, but also the boss of the Temple. I think Jaqen is just too young for that to play the role credibly. We may get a nameless extra for the kindly man with just a few lines and Jaqen will be Arya's mentor, similar to how in "Nikita" Tcheky Karyo was charged with being her mentor, but not the boss of the secret service.

Well, we do know that the FM can wear all kinds of faces (young, old, pretty, ugly, etc.), so it's entirely possible that young Jaqen is just another face and real Jaquen is actually old enough to be head of the FM.

Well, we do know that the FM can wear all kinds of faces (young, old, pretty, ugly, etc.), so it's entirely possible that young Jaqen is just another face and real Jaquen is actually old enough to be head of the FM.

Plus we don't even know if 'Jaqen' is his real name.

The show sometimes explicitly states things, that the books only opaquely hint at.

It may be the case that the Kindly Man was always Jaq, or that Faceless Men take turns to be the Kindly Man.

I don't know where this Balon / Jaqen things comes from, there is only a hint in the books of an assassin , and that assassin need not be a FM , or a particular FM.

In fact it seems as if Balon may really have died in an accident.

Well the Ghost of High Heart does state that she dreamt of " a man without a face", so that makes a FM assassin more likely to have done the job than some other type of assassin. Certainly it wouldn't have to be a particular FM though.

Why can't the KM be wearing Jaq's face but not actually be him? Could be to make Arya feel more at ease with him, give viewers a familiar and popular face.

It could also help viewer only audience remember he changed faces if D&D show "new face" jaq killing Balon or in the citadel.

I noticed it was said "recast" not reintroduced which implies to me as a different character but I could be completely wrong. :)

Why can't the KM be wearing Jaq's face but not actually be him? Could be to make Arya feel more at ease with him, give viewers a familiar and popular face.

It could also help viewer only audience remember he changed faces if D&D show "new face" jaq killing Balon or in the citadel.

I noticed it was said "recast" not reintroduced which implies to me as a different character but I could be completely wrong. :)

That is exactly as i see it.

The scene would play out something like this. KM reveal to be old man. He then says something along the lines of "but maybe you are not comfortable with this face. Maybe this face will put you at ease" beat. Changes face to Jaquen.

Jaqen is dead. That was just a face he took for a while.

Yes that could be true.

From what we learn during Arya's stay at the House of Black and White, is that things , FM - wise, are very mysterious.

Could be real Jaqen, if there really was one, has been dead for a long time, or maybe not!

One thing about it the Jaqen of the books and the show can do a 'face change' by a method Arya does not know yet.

That is exactly as i see it.

The scene would play out something like this. KM reveal to be old man. He then says something along the lines of "but maybe you are not comfortable with this face. Maybe this face will put you at ease" beat. Changes face to Jaquen.

That's the most logical suggestion I have seen.

Two 'dreamts = VERY VAGUE to me

I think the fact that Euron, the exiled brother, shows up the day after Balon's death is what makes the vision move beyond being vague. The events combined with the visions and dreams (along with GHH accuracy rate) are what makes it seem very likely that an FM killed Balon, on Euron's orders. I'd never given much thought to the timing of the issue, FM wise, but recently it was pointed out to me that the likely FM for the Balon job may be The Dusky Woman, LOL

My question is.....was that article translated from original German? I'm uncomfortable giving a yeah or nah on the wording, either way, LOL

How about this? Arya is trained by Jaqen in Braavos for some of season 5, but then Sam, Gilly, and Maester Aemon come to Braavos. Arya and Sam run into each other, Arya brings Aemon to the House of Black and White to be given the gift, Jaqen finds some reason to go to Oldtown and offers Sam and Gilly a trip, leaving with them to go to Oldtown, where that storyline continues as normal.

Edit: maybe there will also be a Kindly Man who takes over Arya's training once Jaqen leaves.

My predictions on TW's role and "Jaqen" in the future seasons - i.e. what would make most sense:

- Arya meets the Kindly Man, first played by whoever. She asks about/talks about Jaqen; seeing that she already has a connection with "Jaqen", the Kindly Man tells her that, while there is no "Jaqen" anymore, he can look like Jaqen if she would like that, and assumes the Jaqen face (and voice) from then on. That way Tom Wlaschiha takes over the role pretty quickly.

- Patrick O'Kane (the actor who played "Jaqen" after the face change) guest stars in season 5 or season 6 as the Faceless Man Formerly Known as Jaqen H'ghar. As in the book, we see him in Oldtown, making a deal with a clueless student at the Citadel and then killing him and taking over his identity. The actor cast as Pate takes over as the FM Formerly Known as Jaqen (This probably happens early on in season 6, since I think the Oldtown storyline will be saved for season 6).

Another possibility is that they decide to show Balon Greyjoy's death in season 5 premiere (or second episode) and to confirm the theory that he was assassinated by a FM hired by Euron, and if they do that, making Jaqen be that FM would be logical. In that case, Patrick O'Kane guest stars in season 5 as the Faceless Man Formerly Known as Jaqen H'ghar and we see him assassinating Balon.

In both cases, the episode is preceded by a "Previously on" that shows the scene of Jaqen changing his face from Tom Wlaschiha to Patrick O'Kane.

Archived