May contain adwd spoilers : where is ..?

Winter's Gone

Hi, I'm new to this forum.

Im a quarter way through ADWD and cannot piece together where Varys has got to.!

I can only assume he's back in KL in disguise but this being so, I must have missed something in AFFC.

Could I have some help without spoilers from ADWD please?

Varys himself didn't show up in Feast, but he was still in KL. Cersei can still hear his little birds behind the walls (though she tries to tell herself they are simply mice; a nice reference to a story Tyrion is told in Dance, and if you are at 25%, you probably already read that part).

Another reference to Varys' work behind the scenes is a certain play that a group of mummers performs in KL in Feast. Though Varys himself isn't one of those mummers (who meet with a rather sinister fate, which occured in Feast already; think Qyburn), the story could very well have come from him. That will become more clear to you when reading Dance (you should be able to make the connection about halfway through the book), and might even have been a small reference to a vision Dany sees in Clash.

Varys' disguise from the Black Cells, Rugen, is described in Feast, though he doesn't show as Rugen.

Archived