Khal Jhaqo will be dragon food… what a nonsense!

Mithras

The carcass was too heavy for him to bear back to his lair, so Drogon consumed his kill there,

Drogon is the biggest dragon who grew even bigger in the wild but he is not able to lift the carcass of a horse. Or let us say he can lift it for a short time but cannot carry it to his lair.

Compare him to the dragons that were able to fully devour a horse. He is like a fly compared to them. Cannibal probably could have Drogon for breakfast.

That was how Khal Jhaqo found her, when half a hundred mounted warriors emerged from the drifting smoke.

Jhaqo emerges with 50 Dothraki warriors and the text suggests that they were hunting Drogon for a long time. The place is Drogon’s hunting ground as hinted by the burned ground from previous hunts. That means the Dothraki were expecting him.

I bet they will be far more formidable than the staff of Daznak’s Pit with boar spears. Even they were able to wound Drogon and all he did was to kill some but run for his life in the end.

So, Jhaqo will attack Drogon and he will fly away to save his life. Then Jhaqo will capture Dany who is left behind.

Any other scenario involving a dracarys of Dany and Drogon burning the crisp out of them is simply not paying attention to the text.

Discuss.

That means the Khal will go directly on the attack. But one slippery moment and Drogon could burn them all down. What is their protection against flames?

Furthermore the last Danaerys chapter is finally a moment where Danaerys seems to get her act together.

A vast herd of horses appeared below them. There were riders too, a score or more, but they turned and fled at the first sight of the dragon. The horses broke and ran when the shadow fell upon them, racing through the grass until their sides were white with foam, tearing the ground with their hooves … but as swift as they were, they could not fly. Soon one horse began to lag behind the others. The dragon descended on him, roaring, and all at once the poor beast was aflame, yet somehow he kept on running, screaming with every step, until Drogon landed on him and broke his back

i dont think they are hunting drogon if they fled at the first sight of dragon

and i think the line suggests that drogon is simply lazy to lift the carcass back to his lair and began to ate at that place

it was danny and drogon that found them when they first encounter a ranger and followed him

and there are plenty of Khal's but they came upon Khal Jhaqo which is not a coincidence

That means the Khal will go directly on the attack. But one slippery moment and Drogon could burn them all down. What is their protection against flames?

Furthermore the last Danaerys chapter is finally a moment where Danaerys seems to get her act together.

Do you think the Dothraki fear death? As I said, Drogon cannot burn them all. In the pit, there were much fewer men with spears and they would have slain Drogon had he not ran.

Last Dany chapter shows that she does not have much control on Drogon. He simply does what he wants to do and tolerates Dany's presence nearby. That is all.

i dont think they are hunting drogon if they fled at the first sight of dragon

and i think the line suggests that drogon is simply lazy to lift the carcass back to his lair and began to ate at that place

it was danny and drogon that found them when they first encounter a ranger and followed him

and there are plenty of Khal's but they came upon Khal Jhaqo which is not a coincidence

Those people were herding their horses and probably they are just shepherds. However, Jhaqo’s squad coming so fast means they were waiting for him to appear.

In a dozen heartbeats they were past the Dothraki, as he galloped far below. To the right and left, Dany glimpsed places where the grass was burned and ashen. Drogon has come this way before, she realized. Like a chain of grey islands, the marks of his hunting dotted the green grass sea.

As I said before, that is a popular hunting ground for Drogon.

i also agree that drogon has visted before there

Do you think the Dothraki fear death? As I said, Drogon cannot burn them all. In the pit, there were much fewer men with spears and they would have slain Drogon had he not ran.

Last Dany chapter shows that she does not have much control on Drogon. He simply does what he wants to do and tolerates Dany's presence nearby. That is all.

Those people were herding their horses and probably they are just shepherds. However, Jhaqo’s squad coming so fast means they were waiting for him to appear.

In a dozen heartbeats they were past the Dothraki, as he galloped far below. To the right and left, Dany glimpsed places where the grass was burned and ashen. Drogon has come this way before, she realized. Like a chain of grey islands, the marks of his hunting dotted the green grass sea.

As I said before, that is a popular hunting ground for Drogon.

they are Dothraki that belongs to Khal Jhaqo...i dont think that Drogon will eat Khal Jhaqo but i certaily dont see him fly leaving danny also

When she whipped her silver mare on her right flank the mare went left, for a horse’s first instinct is to flee from danger. When she laid the whip across Drogon’s right side he veered right, for a dragon’s first instinct is always to attack

if the dothraki are foolish enough to shoot arrows at him ...he will breathe fire no need to wait for dracarys

Drogon was hurt in the pit, but not seriously injured. He wasn't even seriously injured when a spearman drove his spear into his neck.

Drogon is not wholly obedient to Dany, but he'll react violently towards people who threaten her.

Neither the Dothraki nor their horses are armoured. What protection will they have against dragonfire?

Hundreds of Dothraki warriors would conceivably be a threat to Drogon. Fifty? I think not.

Dothraki dont fear death, but they also follow the strong.

A woman riding on the back of a big ass fabled black DRAGON is pretty strong to me.

I think Jhaqo might try something because his leader position is threathened, but I think the rest will quickly bend the knee once he gets roasted

I'm not convinced Khal Jhaqo's khalasar will attempt to kill Drogon. The Dothraki follow strength, do they not? I think Jhaqo might attempt to slay Drogon, and when he dies the Dothraki will follow Dany instead; he may propose to marry her in Drogo's place.

It's also possible that the Dothraki might be somewhat awed by the Mother of Dragons - and Drogon, obviously - and don't attempt to kill either of them.

they are Dothraki that belongs to Khal Jhaqo...i dont think that Drogon will eat Khal Jhaqo but i certaily dont see him fly leaving danny also

if the dothraki are foolish enough to shoot arrows at him ...he will breathe fire no need to wait for dracarys

Drogon was going to leave Dany in the pit too. She jumped on him at the last instant and it was after a tiresome whip work.

Dany did not describe what weapons did they have or how were they protected. I think they are really well prepared to slay a dragon and they have long spears and shields. Drogon will slay some of them but he will be wounded because they will approach him from every direction.

Drogon was hurt in the pit, but not seriously injured. He wasn't even seriously injured when a spearman drove his spear into his neck.

Drogon is not wholly obedient to Dany, but he'll react violently towards people who threaten her.

Neither the Dothraki nor their horses are armoured. What protection will they have against dragonfire?

Hundreds of Dothraki warriors would conceivably be a threat to Drogon. Fifty? I think not.

But still he did not like being attacked, like an angry child who cannot understand what is going on and why are the people attacking him. I don’t think Drogon is like a bodyguard dog that will roast anyone who attacks Dany. He is still an untrained wild beast and he almost roasted Dany herself in the pit. With the heat of the attack, he might not distinguish Dany from the foe. I think 50 Dothraki are way more dangerous than the spearmen in Daznak's Pit. They might slay Drogon if he stays in the ground. Even in the air, they might wound him and drive him away.

Dothraki dont fear death, but they also follow the strong.

A woman riding on the back of a big ass fabled black DRAGON is pretty strong to me.

I think Jhaqo might try something because his leader position is threathened, but I think the rest will quickly bend the knee once he gets roasted

I'm not convinced Khal Jhaqo's khalasar will attempt to kill Drogon. The Dothraki follow strength, do they not? I think Jhaqo might attempt to slay Drogon, and when he dies the Dothraki will follow Dany instead; he may propose to marry her in Drogo's place.

It's also possible that the Dothraki might be somewhat awed by the Mother of Dragons - and Drogon, obviously - and don't attempt to kill either of them.

That would be the cheapest plot gift GRRM could provide to Dany, perhaps only to be seconded by the slaves in the Volantene Fleet turning their cloaks and Dany having 400 ships with their crews.

The Dothraki also despise blood magic. That is what Dany is guilty of in their eyes.

That would be the cheapest plot gift GRRM could provide to Dany, perhaps only to be seconded by the slaves in the Volantene Fleet turning their cloaks and Dany having 400 ships with their crews.

Well Dany hasnt really had an easy time in ADWD, maybe its time for something in her favor?

i really believe if drogon never wanted Danny to mount she will never have rode him and i believe that he came to pit only to save danny

only three weapons dothraki have is arkh, whip and bow and they are famous for their skills at shooting arrows on mounted horse back ...other than these they dont have any weapons

Both Drogon burning and Drogon leaving Dany with the Dothraki would be a letdown - it would be much more interesting to Jhaqo just killed Drogon.

But then, I don't believe that Jhaqo and his men came to kill Drogon (or capture Dany and/or her dragons). I think they came to find out what happened to Drogo's khaleesi - and I'd not be surprised at all if Jhaqo offered himself in marriage to Dany and/or put his khalasar under her command.

The Dothraki are a superstitious lot, and Dany's Dothraki worship her as a semi-goddess - so this could be a hint. If Dany is now powerless yet again (separated from her dragon; in the hands of men who should either kill or enslave her), her story should be better over (i.e. she should be killed, too), since no one wants to read twenty or so chapters about her hanging out with the other dosh khaleen. And I don't see a chance for her to get freed/recovered by her allies, if Jhaqo would just take her and go back to Vaes Dothrak. 20,000 Dothraki should also make short work out of everyone at Meereen - Dany's men, the Ironborn, and the Volantenes.

IMHO, Jhaqo and Mago hate her. In their eyes, she killed their friend, and leader, Khal Drogo. If Drogon was killed or driven off, I think Dany would be killed as well, and probably raped and tortured into the bargain.

I don't think that's where Dany's story is going.

Drogon was going to leave Dany in the pit too. She jumped on him at the last instant and it was after a tiresome whip work.

Dany did not describe what weapons did they have or how were they protected. I think they are really well prepared to slay a dragon and they have long spears and shields. Drogon will slay some of them but he will be wounded because they will approach him from every direction.

But still he did not like being attacked, like an angry child who cannot understand what is going on and why are the people attacking him. I don’t think Drogon is like a bodyguard dog that will roast anyone who attacks Dany. He is still an untrained wild beast and he almost roasted Dany herself in the pit. With the heat of the attack, he might not distinguish Dany from the foe. I think 50 Dothraki are way more dangerous than the spearmen in Daznak's Pit. They might slay Drogon if he stays in the ground. Even in the air, they might wound him and drive him away.

Dany has had weeks to bond with Drogon in the Wilderness. They have been close since he was hatched.

I think he came close to roasting her in the Pit, because of his fury that she'd tried to have him chained and imprisoned. But, that's in the past now.

Before I am done with them, Mago and

Ko Jhaqo will plead for the mercy they

Showed Eroeh.

A few sentences later Dany promises her remaining Dothraki that "these men will die screaming"

Even if the Dothraki were hunting Drogon (which I don't believe for a second else they would have come with more than 50 screamers) Drogon will make mince meat of them. Whether they attack or not Dany is not likely to forgive Jhaqo for his raping & killing of Eroeh.

They have no protection against Drogon's flames and whether or not you consider that to be a cop out on GRRM's part consider the alternative: Jhaqo and the screamers slay Drogon and take Dany captive OR injure/frighten Drogon and he flies away and leaves Dany?

Not gonna happen. The whole point of the Dany/Drogon situation is to show that she is bonding and slowly learning to work with Drogon if not control him. What would be the point of her spending all that time with Drogon just to have him slain or leave her when she needed him most?

I agree with the posters above who said that Drogon was only in the pit to begin with to save Dany. Yes he was angry, yes he lashed out at Dany but he is learning.

I think it much more likely that Jhaqo will die screaming like Dany promised and the remaining Dothraki will follow Dany's strength.

Compare him to the dragons that were able to fully devour a horse. He is like a fly compared to them. Cannibal probably could have Drogon for breakfast.

But Cannibal is dead. So is Balerion, Meraxes, and Vhagar. What's the point of comparing them if there's no chance they will compete?

We all know Dany's dragons are not as big as the original Targaryen dragons. They still manage to do a lot of damage despite their size. I can imagine a lot of characters are going to die because they don't think her dragons are a threat.

Jhaqo emerges with 50 Dothraki warriors and the text suggests that they were hunting Drogon for a long time.

No it doesn't.

I bet they will be far more formidable than the staff of Daznak’s Pit with boar spears. Even they were able to wound Drogon and all he did was to kill some but run for his life in the end.

You make it sound like Drogon is weak and craven. Dany flew him out of the city. What should he have done? Take on the entire city by himself? Come to think of it... he could have won. Rhaegal and Viserion have no trouble claiming nests in the city and everyone that challenges them dies.

So, Jhaqo will attack Drogon and he will fly away to save his life. Then Jhaqo will capture Dany who is left behind.

This doesn't make sense. They've been waiting for him, they are prepared for him... but he's going to get away? What?

Archived