Khal Jhaqo will be dragon food… what a nonsense!

Mithras

To Sum up;

1. Drogon killed many armed people in the pit while taking 1 wound which was not fatal due to Dany's help.

2. horses freak out and flee before him

3. Dany rode Drogon many times and is now a dragonlord

4. Drogon comes to her aid whenever she needs because he can sense that she needs him.

5. Dany and Drogon are eating a horse together when the Dothraki appear

6. Dany nor Drogon are scared at all, hence Dany being so calm and wiping her hands off casually

We can conclude from this that Drogon and Dany are not in serious danger at this moment, if they were then one of them would have been scared or nervous. they seem confident and unafraid.

Most likely outcome = no deaths, but some kind of deal to be made.

To Sum up;

1. Drogon killed many armed people in the pit while taking 1 wound which was not fatal due to Dany's help.

2. horses freak out and flee before him

3. Dany rode Drogon many times and is now a dragonlord

4. Drogon comes to her aid whenever she needs because he can sense that she needs him.

5. Dany and Drogon are eating a horse together when the Dothraki appear

6. Dany nor Drogon are scared at all, hence Dany being so calm and wiping her hands off casually

We can conclude from this that Drogon and Dany are not in serious danger at this moment, if they were then one of them would have been scared or nervous. they seem confident and unafraid.

Most likely outcome = no deaths, but some kind of deal to be made.

Dany is calm, because she doesn't know how near the Dothraki are. Dany won't go to VD willingly, IMO, since in order for her to reach that high a point she needs to reach a very low point. Drogon isn't even mentioned after she starts eating horsemeat. It is possible that left without her as he goes back to his cave at dusk.

Dany won't go to VD willingly, IMO, since in order for her to reach that high a point she needs to reach a very low point.

It seems like your idea of what a low point is is quite different than most of the rest of us.

Daenerys is stranded in the middle of nowhere, shitting herself, probably had a miscarriage, left wondering what happened to her people and city. Sounds pretty low too me. Hell a good deal of ADwD was a low point for her.

It seems like your idea of what a low point is is quite different than most of the rest of us.

Daenerys is stranded in the middle of nowhere, shitting herself, probably had a miscarriage, left wondering what happened to her people and city. Sounds pretty low too me. Hell a good deal of ADwD was a low point for her.

i agree seeing how people just hate her in DwD i would say she already at that point and came to an realization about who she is and what she must do at the end of the book

Dany is calm, because she doesn't know how near the Dothraki are. Dany won't go to VD willingly, IMO, since in order for her to reach that high a point she needs to reach a very low point. Drogon isn't even mentioned after she starts eating horsemeat. It is possible that left without her as he goes back to his cave at dusk.

i cant believe we are having the same discussions after all this times ..

She is calm because she knows what she is going to deal with after her decision to follow dothraki

she knows they are coming and near to them ...and clearly after hearing them she mentions she is going to stand beside drogon .....so drogon is mentioned .....

Low point as being in danger. StMtW is a very high point, and she may need to be at a very low point. I wouldn't call her ordeal a really low point in her last POV since she mounted Drogon and has been learning how to ride him, remember.

Let us not forget her story parallels Jon's closely. Jon is at a low point and in mortal danger before he awakes as the PtwP/AA, and Dany may be in similar situation before being declared as the StMtW.

i cant believe we are having the same discussions after all this times ..

She is calm because she knows what she is going to deal with after her decision to follow dothraki

she knows they are coming and near to them ...and clearly after hearing them she mentions she is going to stand beside drogon .....so drogon is mentioned .....

She didn't see them coming up, because of the thick smoke. I doubt she plans to take the khalasar or become the StMtW. She mentions going to stand beside Drogon, but not seeing him. It is dusk, and earlier in the chapter it is mentioned Drogon always returns to his cave at dusk.

Let us not forget her story parallels Jon's closely. Jon is at a low point and in mortal danger before he awakes as the PtwP/AA, and Dany may be in similar situation before being declared as the StMtW.

Daenerys survived an assassination attempt, Jon will survive an assassination attempt. Seems like a parallel too me.

Wait what do you mean she doesnt know how near they are? She look sup and they are right there, she goes to stand by Drogon, calmly wipes her hands and does not appear to be very worried. I think one could argue that she is so calm because she has been very sick for the past day or so, dehydrated, starving, and now finally she is with Drogon and eating and is in the mindset. 'i really dont care what happens now"

But I dont think she is calm because she doesnt know how many Dothraki there are. I dont think she cares much how many there are either. If they were planning on killing her, they would have just led the charge right into her and Drogon. Instead they reign up and stop in front of her and the dragon, clearly wanting to talk.

Daenerys survived an assassination attempt,

I don't think it was an assassination attempt. Surely, Shavepate wanted to make it look so but he would only give Dany an uncomfortable diarrhea, nothing more.

Daenerys survived an assassination attempt, Jon will survive an assassination attempt. Seems like a parallel too me.

I see a parallel too, but Jon hasn't survived it yet, and the blades managed to hit home while Dany has not even been touched by poison, blade or person. Jon would still be in danger since after the Ides of Marsh he would be dying.

I think she will likely be in peril in VD before Drogon arrives, and she manages to roast Jhaqo, Mago and a few other Dothraki and take control.

Wait what do you mean she doesnt know how near they are? She look sup and they are right there, she goes to stand by Drogon, calmly wipes her hands and does not appear to be very worried. I think one could argue that she is so calm because she has been very sick for the past day or so, dehydrated, starving, and now finally she is with Drogon and eating and is in the mindset. 'i really dont care what happens now"

They emerged from the drifting smoke, which would have masked their approach. She doesn't see them and go, she hears horses and then walks before actually seeing them.

As to the last it is possible, she had been through a lot and was famished.

But I dont think she is calm because she doesnt know how many Dothraki there are. I dont think she cares much how many there are either. If they were planning on killing her, they would have just led the charge right into her and Drogon. Instead they reign up and stop in front of her and the dragon, clearly wanting to talk.

I think she does care how many as numbers are still a factor. I don't think they knew Dany was even there until they came upon her. I don't think Jhaqo would be wanting to talk as Jhaqo knows Dany, and he would likely take her to VD to the dosh khaleen.

I don't think it was an assassination attempt. Surely, Shavepate wanted to make it look so but he would only give Dany an uncomfortable diarrhea, nothing more.

It almost killed a much bigger Belwas. Granted he ate the whole damn bowl, but at Dany's size I think a few of them would of killed her.

It almost killed a much bigger Belwas. Granted he ate the whole damn bowl, but at Dany's size I think a few of them would of killed her.

Belwas =/= Dany x 100.

She was supposed to eat only a few locusts. She is not a glutton. I don't think that dose would have killed her.

Before I am done with them, Mago and

Ko Jhaqo will plead for the mercy they

Showed Eroeh.

A few sentences later Dany promises her remaining Dothraki that "these men will die screaming"

Even if the Dothraki were hunting Drogon (which I don't believe for a second else they would have come with more than 50 screamers) Drogon will make mince meat of them. Whether they attack or not Dany is not likely to forgive Jhaqo for his raping & killing of Eroeh.

They have no protection against Drogon's flames and whether or not you consider that to be a cop out on GRRM's part consider the alternative: Jhaqo and the screamers slay Drogon and take Dany captive OR injure/frighten Drogon and he flies away and leaves Dany?

Not gonna happen. The whole point of the Dany/Drogon situation is to show that she is bonding and slowly learning to work with Drogon if not control him. What would be the point of her spending all that time with Drogon just to have him slain or leave her when she needed him most?

I agree with the posters above who said that Drogon was only in the pit to begin with to save Dany. Yes he was angry, yes he lashed out at Dany but he is learning.

I think it much more likely that Jhaqo will die screaming like Dany promised and the remaining Dothraki will follow Dany's strength.

I agree with all of this. The Dothraki follow the strength of riders. Normally they follow the strongest horse riders. Dany rides a dragon. She will be elevated to goddess level amongst the Dothraki. Her own Dothraki followers already treat her like that. Perhaps Jhaqo will try to follow her as well but I don't think his fate is going to be a good one.

Dany is not powerless in the situation she found herself in at the end of ADWD. She's just accepted fire and blood as a part who she is and what she's meant to do. I don't see her backing down when 1) she has the upper hand by having a dragon that's fiercely loyal to her standing right next to her and 2) she's run into Khal Jhaqo, a man she swore would die for what he did to Eroeh.

No, Dany is not running, Drogon is not fleeing (his mother is threatened), and Khal Jhaqo is not going to be living happily ever after. He's going to be begging for mercy. The specifics are up in the air but I can see her immediately wanting him to burn to death. It would be an immediate display of strength that would win over the Dothraki the moment Jhaqo is set on fire.

Dany is a young woman that has a zero tolerance policy for people that victimize others. Gang raping an innocent girl is absolutely on her list of crimes that she won't show mercy for. It's also no coincidence that Dany remembers Eroeh's death a few chapters before her final chapter in ADWD.

Daenerys isn't even close to being a Mary Sue. In case you didn't notice things haven't been working out well for her in the last book.

-Most beautiful woman in the world.

-Her son would have been the Stallion Who Mounts the World

-She is the mother of 3 dragons, the strongest things alive in the ASOIAFverse.

-Daenerys free cities and is liked by her people.

-She's portrayed as a saviour/goddess

-Heir of the legendary Targaryen dynasty.

-Everybody loves her

Just a short look at her titles.

Daenerys Stormborn

The Unburnt

The Silver Queen

Child of Three

Daughter of Death

Slayer of Lies

Bride of Fire

Daenerys is the closest thing to a mary-sue we've got in ASOIAF.

-Most beautiful woman in the world.

-Her son would have been the Stallion Who Mounts the World

-She is the mother of 3 dragons, the strongest things alive in the ASOIAFverse.

-Daenerys free cities and is liked by her people.

-She's portrayed as a saviour/goddess

-Heir of the legendary Targaryen dynasty.

-Everybody loves her

Just a short look at her titles.

Daenerys Stormborn

The Unburnt

The Silver Queen

Child of Three

Daughter of Death

Slayer of Lies

Bride of Fire

Daenerys is the closest thing to a mary-sue we've got in ASOIAF.

No. Just stop. Dany is so much more complex than just some Mary Sue. So just stop.

Archived