{kind of spoilers for non-readers... sort of} Interview with...

TheButcherCrow

Michael Vartan said his character was dead as well fans went insane and then boom he was not dead after all the same happened on Revenge, TVD, ORIGINALS, FRINGE, X-FILES and other shows with many actors, They are directed to lie even showrunners lied about it on Alias, TVD,ORIGINALS and the other shows..

nobody should believe an actor, haven't you guys learned that ?

if she is cut though it would deviate so far from the books it will become a complete cluster f*ck

WHat does this mean for Jaime and Brienne? They will just make up their own stories for them?

It means they are better writers than GRRM and don't need such a ham-handed way of shoe-horning them together? LS is not at all necessary for B & J (they need a catchy name like Dunk and Egg) to head north and kill that little shit Bran.

like i said actors has lied about their faith on shown since Dallas. Also to that she all of a sudden actually trashes GRRM writing by saying "extranous things" about LS which she in noway is when she is tangled up with BWB which they already introduced and 2 major characters on the show plus she is the mother of Stark children. It seems fishy to me. If she is cut then it just shows that D and D is pissing on GRRM writing and they are really losing their grip on the show you don't change storylines for as we now know 3 big storylines. It is the recipe for disaster

I wouldn't be too disappointed if they make the decision to cut LSH altogether. I was a show watcher before the books and a book reader spoiled the fact that LSH existed and my first reaction was pretty negative, not least because it seriously undermined the pathos of the RW, kind of takes away from other Starks revenge arcs, and is a little corny. I understand that she is important to other characters' arcs in a way that can't easily be substituted, but I can see how show only people would have mixed feelings about LSH. Maybe HBO execs have tested it and got negative reactions too.

It means they are better writers than GRRM and don't need such a ham-handed way of shoe-horning them together? LS is not at all necessary for B & J (they need a catchy name like Dunk and Egg) to head north and kill that little shit Bran.

Hahaha, if they were better writers than GRRM wouldn't they have..........their own original product with which to make a successful series?

i'm liking the idea of no stoneheart. regardless of what her fans say, according to grrm, she's what happens when all that drives one is vengeance and that was not interesting at all. d&d can use the brothers without banners to kill freys. i hope this means there won't be a stoneheart/stark kid reunion in the books. i don't see how that can end well. let her just see her kids from a distance or hear they are alive and well and then go rest in peace, as she should have been all along.

that said, having her revealed at the end of the episode 10 would have been a great wtf moment for the unsullied. but that's not enough of a reason to cast her when others can easily do what she does.

That's a non-denial denial if I've ever seen one. Don't you folks follow politics at all? Football coach hirings? People know how to say things to the press to create the impressions they want to create without lying.

Please, find me the words in that quote that say anything similar to "Lady Stoneheart will never appear." Or don't, and let me save you the trouble. They aren't there.

Yeah, she did happen to mention that sometimes things aren't 100% like the books, but guess what, she didn't mention anything specific that's not like the books.

Michelle Fairley is a seasoned pro. Seeing a carefully-worded quote like that from her makes me think that, if anything, LSH is now more likely to appear.

I'm sure whatever plot driven story is needed to get Brienne and Jaime lined up can be worked out without her.

Sure, anyone can threaten to hang Brienne if she doesn't kill Jaime, but … the resonance of the oath Brienne swore to the living Catelyn coming back to bite her (sorry about the pun!) in this horrible way with dead Catelyn, the fact that her sword is called Oathkeeper and she's being called upon to kill the man who gave it to her because of an oath she made to Catelyn … All these things have a resonance and power that vanishes if someone else drives that story of Brienne going to fetch Jaime to his death in order to save Pod's life. And if they cut that entire storyline out altogether, then Brienne is never going to make the awful choice - between duty and honor on the one hand, and love on the other - that so many other characters have to do in the story.

As for cutting out storylines and characters because some readers don't like them, well, by that logic, they should have cut Ned's death. :P I sure didn't like THAT!!

Archived