[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick Without Repercussion #2

Lady Fevre Dream

Of course she isn't the only character they have screwed over a bit. It's been rightly pointed out that they have mangled other characters as well. Still, I just think her character has gotten the shaft perhaps a little more than others.

It bad, but not as bad as what has been done to Nikolaj. He must be a very polite guy for not punching someone by now. His character is all over the place. "I'm a knight." "No, I'm a rapist." "Ups, back to being knight again." "Actually, I'm a wannabe knight." "Wait, wait, wait. After all that training with Bron, I'm still a useless fighter? How thick am I? It's not like that in the books." "I'm developing feelings for Brienne. [two pages of script later] oookkk. hmmmm. I'm still in love with Cersei!?!" "Finally, Cersei seduces me and can manipulate me as she pleases…. Actually, I'm defying her by organising Tyrion's escape. So, I'm now double-crossing even Cersei. WTF!"

Don't forget cousin slaying . But hey there's no word for it. Guess it must be ok. Cousins are like beetles, sometimes you just kill them for no reason at all.

Indeed, no reason at all.

Oh, but wait, he had a reason, to get back to Cersei! He couldn't just tell the man who idolized him to fake it. I MURDERED people so I could be here with you! That made it all right, you see. As long as they insert a melodramatic line two seasons later, it's fine.

Don't forget cousin slaying . But hey there's no word for it. Guess it must be ok. Cousins are like beetles, sometimes you just kill them for no reason at all.

Yes. That was a terrifying moment, because it proves that some of the writers haven't read the books yet. Or they suffer from Alzheimer's. Either way, it's scary.

ETA: Or it's Osha/Asha moment all over again. They think the audience so dumb that they avoid using similar words. Duh!

Absolutely not. If we don't get to see Sansa operate the lemon cake death star while in lingerie, the show will disappoint me and millions of other fans. Clearly, the writers should know this. I am just young boy and know little of the ways of good writing, but I do know something about pointless cheap thrills.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL you guys are killing me.

It bad, but not as bad as what has been done to Nikolaj. He must be a very polite guy for not punching someone by now. His character is all over the place. "I'm a knight." "No, I'm a rapist." "Ups, back to being knight again." "Actually, I'm a wannabe knight." "Wait, wait, wait. After all that training with Bron, I'm still a useless fighter? How thick am I? It's not like that in the books." "I'm developing feelings for Brienne. [two pages of script later] oookkk. hmmmm. I'm still in love with Cersei!?!" "Finally, Cersei seduces me and can manipulate me as she pleases…. Actually, I'm defying her by organising Tyrion's escape. So, I'm now double-crossing even Cersei. WTF!"

Hey, but he now has Cersei's amazing butt print on his own page of The White Book. D&D aren't the only ones who use filler, that should help Jaime fill in his pages, LOL

A belt buckle? Maybe a chastity belt buckle. Here is the key, unlock me, and I am yours. That's essentially her storyline for season 5. They ditched her book story for that. If we are lucky, she runs into Brienne. Battle of the Badasses. Fresh from the bloodlust of her raven kills, she bites off Brienne's ear and kicks her down a hill.

It is ridiculous. It's about the scene, hence the common reaction, Darth Sansa, Evil Queen, Maleficent, etc. The showrunners said Sansa is going to use what Littlefinger wants - a sexual relationship - against him. The actor said she is going to use her sexuality to manipulate him. And they cut most of her story, where she explored her own sexuality, and he's a brothel owner, who trains women to use their sexuality to manipulate men (remember this?), and yes, it's ridiculous. Elio said he was "baffled" and Linda said "which Sansa are we going to see" and they both laughed for 5 solid minutes in two separate reviews, because it's ridiculous. That's why we are all laughing. It's funny, in a sad sort of way.

Also, this is nitpicking without repercussion. This is where we talk about ridiculous stuff. And no one says how wrong we are for doing so. Shall we go... back to that.

I'm pretty sure they never said that. But hey, why get in the way of a good rant? Keep on ranting, after all, you've already seen season 5 so you know exactly that it's going to be about Sansa taking her clothes off and having lots of sex with LF, I mean that makes so much sense, right, and isn't a completely ridiculous and unfounded assumption... I mean, black feathery dress = being eeevil and having sex with LF. So just go on. It is pretty funny indeed.

Again, it's nitpicking without repercussion, we are doing what the thread is for (nitpicking). You are not (repercussion). And yes, they did say that. And no, I have never said she is having sex with him. Anything else? I don't agree with you.

Here's one place I recall, there were others, too. They said he wants a sexual relationship. And she knows what he wants. And she'll use it against him. Like I said. But it's pretty obvious from the way they told the story on the show, too. Weiss:

Then in episode 7 when he kisses her, he's teaching her a lesson about his own weakness, and about her own strength relative to him, about how she can exercise control over him... And when she tells him that she knows what he wants, that's a pretty bald statement of saying I know where your raw nerve is, I've figured out what I am to you, the confusing mix of daughter and second chance at the woman you loved, and I am prepared to use that against you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB3vgeMijCc

A belt buckle? Maybe a chastity belt buckle. Here is the key, unlock me, and I am yours. That's essentially her storyline for season 5. They ditched her book story for that. If we are lucky, she runs into Brienne. Battle of the Badasses. Fresh from the bloodlust of her raven kills, she bites off Brienne's ear and kicks her down a hill.

LOL. She might be able to just beat her to death with the necklace. As a real true nitckpick though, wasn't awfully modern looking and out of place?

LOL. She might be able to just beat her to death with the necklace. As a real true nitckpick though, wasn't awfully modern looking and out of place?

LOL That IS the problem with the dress, it looked totally out of place in the entire television series itself, for me it's not even so much about Sansa and what it all means, it was just..........distractingly out of place.

LOL That IS the problem with the dress, it looked totally out of place in the entire television series itself, for me it's not even so much about Sansa and what it all means, it was just..........distractingly out of place.

Ah, and now we're back to D&D and their MO. Instead of a black dress and black hair...it has to be a crazy 80s shoulder extensions feathered v neck plus giant black statement necklace and weirdo back lighting to boot. It has to be so IN YOUR FACE that this is a new Sansa, that even the dumbest viewer couldn't miss it.

Again, it's nitpicking without repercussion, we are doing what the thread is for (nitpicking). You are not (repercussion). And yes, they did say that. And no, I have never said she is having sex with him. Anything else? I don't agree with you.

I am mostly nitpicking the nitpicking. Which is hard to resist when the original nitpicking is so easy to pick on.

But in this particular case, no, you were not nitpicking. You can't nitpick season 5 since you haven't seen it. What is it called when you make a bunch of predictions about a future season and then you rant about how much you hate what they did in a season you haven't seen yet? Prophecy nitpicking? Maybe there should be a thread for that?

P.S. And no, I don't believe they said she would be using "a sexual relationship" against him. If you to convince me, provide a link and exact quote.

I am mostly nitpicking the nitpicking. Which is hard to resist when the original nitpicking is so easy to pick on.

But in this particular case, no, you were not nitpicking. You can't nitpick season 5 since you haven't seen it. What is it called when you make a bunch of predictions about a future season and then you rant about how much you hate what they did in a season you haven't seen yet? Prophecy nitpicking? Maybe there should be a thread for that?

There is plenty that is known about Season 5 that can already be nitpicked quite easily. Such as Jamie and Bronn going to Dorne. Such as the lack of a certain Martell. Such as so far the lack of a certain Northern lord from White Harbor.

There is plenty that is known about Season 5 that can already be nitpicked quite easily. Such as Jamie and Bronn going to Dorne. Such as the lack of a certain Martell. Such as so far the lack of a certain Northern lord from White Harbor.

Oh, so you're saying we already know what Sansa's storyline in season 5 will be? We have already found out that "Here is the key, unlock me, and I am yours. That's essentially her storyline for season 5. They ditched her book story for that"?

Oh, so you're saying we already know what Sansa's storyline in season 5 will be? We have already found out that "Here is the key, unlock me, and I am yours. That's essentially her storyline for season 5. They ditched her book story for that"?

I didn't say anything about Sansa's storyline. The show has said she's going to use her sexuality to manipulate LF, I didn't say it, they said it.

Some of it in here is in good fun, some of it is real concerns, real nitpicks of the past, worrying what we see in the future.

It seems to me..............many have threads and threads for their positive belief that the show is perfect and can do no wrong.

Archived