[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick Without Repercussion #2

Lady Fevre Dream

I didn't say anything about Sansa's storyline. The show has said she's going to use her sexuality to manipulate LF, I didn't say it, they said it.

You mean, Sophie has. The show doesn't say anything, it just exists.

And, so what? I must have missed the part where she said it's all she's going to be doing the entire season.

Basically "without repercussion" shouldn't mean "make shit up and then complain about it".

Right! I hate all the pointless sex scenes they will make the Sand Snakes star in, and did they have to make Jaime sleep with them, which they obviously will, unless they make him rape them! I really hate the way they will do the Battle of Winterfell, it will be a complete disappointment, and it's all because they hate Stannis, he will be portrayed as a bad guy! And I hate the way they're trying to sexualize Arya by having her interact with a young hot dude as a mentor instead of an old guy, it's clearly because they want people to ship Arya and Jaqen and they hate Arya/Gendry! Also, that fight scene between Bronn and one of the Sand Snakes will look sooo bad, what kind of fight choreography is that? Let me think about more things in season 5 that haven't happened and that I have no clue about in advance but I'm already angry about them...

This is not your show. And we, the viewers, were invited to discuss the show on this forum. We're all aware of our existence on planet earth, and the relative details thereof.

Not that we have to explain the obvious, but they've said these things, the Inside the Episode, interviews, etc. But we don't even need that, we've been told the episode itself has clues for what's to come. And every body of work anyway is like that, the books, you can't discuss a chapter without also discussing the foreshadowing.

Here's Graves, telling us that every episode has clues about what's to come:

By the way, Season 4 will be looked back on like Season 1 in that it is filled with subtext about what's coming, and it's so brilliantly written that you'll never know it.

http://www.ibtimes.com/game-thrones-director-alex-graves-discusses-season-4-future-westeros-interview-1592009

Back to the belt-buckle. It looked as if Sansa nicked Tardis, travelled to Earth and the 70s, nicked a belt-buckle from Donna Summer and mistook it for a necklace. But, mix and match is a must in the art of fashion, so some feathers from the 20s, some belt-buckles from the 70s and a medieval sexy dress - why not? I'm not going to bash the art department. I'll stick to writing. That's more than enough of nitpicking already. And I want to see that lemon cake death star.

As for the but-print, as far as Jaime's Whitebook page reads now, he went to some strange land that hasn't been mapped yet.

Back to the belt-buckle. It looked as if Sansa nicked Tardis, travelled to Earth and the 70s, nicked a belt-buckle from Donna Summer and mistook it for a necklace. But, mix and match is a must in the art of fashion, so some feathers from the 20s, some belt-buckles from the 70s and a medieval sexy dress - why not? I'm not going to bash the art department. I'll stick to writing. That's more than enough of nitpicking already. And I want to see that lemon cake death star.

As for the but-print, as far as Jaime's Whitebook page reads now, he went to some strange land that hasn't been mapped yet.

She must also have stopped off in the 1980's to pick up some shoulder pads.

Well, a girl has to pin these feathers onto something after having devoured raven flesh. I hope no one has skin changed into one of these ravens. Ups, we lost Bran there.

I guess she really took Show Cersei calling her 'little dove' to heart......

This dress drove me to the tropes site, that in itself is wrong. The shoulders are threatening. The high collar, too. They spell doom. They even get into feathers. Evil wears black. For the books, she's not listed as evil costume switch, evil is sexy, etc., like the show, but as silk hiding steel, which is about being ladylike but having hidden strength.

Sansa in Game of Thrones plays this trope straight. For three seasons she tries to be what everyone expects of her, and the result is the complete ruin of her life. Throughout, she dresses in proper ladies' dresses and behaves like a little girl. By the fourth season, she's had enough and decides to throw her lot in with the man who has proven to be the only one with true power; Littlefinger. First she lies with stunning conviction to protect him. The next time we see her, she's wearing a black, figure-hugging dress that exposes a generous amount of chest. Even Littlefinger is stunned.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilCostumeSwitch

Can't really find anything for necklaces...

The author of that entry must have lived in a convent or some other really conservative environment all their life if that's what he (she?) thinks is "exposing a generous amount of chest..."

Annara dearest, I know you love Sansa and Sophie can do no wrong and we are all evil, but Sophie has ample chest and a lot of it was visible in that scene. I'm sure guys would agree with you and want to see more.

Annara dearest, I know you love Sansa and Sophie can do no wrong and we are all evil, but Sophie has ample chest and a lot of it was visible in that scene. I'm sure guys would agree with you and want to see more.

Modesty dearest, you must be really "modest" yourself if you don't see that:

- saying that that dress exposed a lot of boobs is simply hilarious, unless you've spent your life in the convent. Even in the show, we've seen Margaery, Ellaria and Dany wear dresses that expose a lot more. In real life, you'll see more of women's boobs exposed in dresses at any gala event and every day in the street watching women walk by in summer clothes.

I mean, Sophie has a nice body and I'm sure you and the author of that article were quite awe-struck with your mouth open when you saw her in something that, unlike her previous dresses, didn't try to hide her build or press her boobs down so she would look like an average 13-year old... but come on, get a grip. Unless you've lived in a convent, that doesn't remotely qualify as "revealing"; baggy clothes and buttoned up shirts is actually not how most women normally dress.

- wearing body-fitting dresses with a little bit of cleavage isn't "evil" in any way, nor is it "doing wrong". It's even more baffling to say that an actress was "doing wrong" by wearing a costume in a role. So, I'm guessing you did grow up in a convent then?

Oh, and I didn't know you were all evil (who is "we all"?), thanks for the heads up. So, are you going to start wearing black? :)

- saying that that dress exposed a lot of boobs is simply hilarious, unless you've spent your life in the convent. Even in the show, we've seen Margaery, Ellaria and Dany wear dresses that expose a lot more. In real life, you'll see more of women's boobs exposed in dresses at any gala event and every day in the street watching women walk by in summer clothes.

I mean, Sophie has a nice body and I'm sure you and the author of that article were quite awe-struck with your mouth open when you saw her in something that, unlike her previous dresses, didn't try to hide her build or press her boobs down so she would look like an average 13-year old... but come on, get a grip. Unless you've lived in a convent, that doesn't remotely qualify as "revealing"; baggy clothes and buttoned up shirts is actually not how most women normally dress.

- wearing body-fitting dresses with a little bit of cleavage isn't "evil" in any way, nor is it "doing wrong". It's even more baffling to say that an actress was "doing wrong" by wearing a costume in a role. So, I'm guessing you did grow up in a convent then?

Oh, and I didn't know you were all evil (who is "we all"?), thanks for the heads up. So, are you going to start wearing black? :)

The Evil Queen in Black is a common trope--we see it everywhere. The Vamp in Black also. No one is saying Sansa is "evil" for wearing the dress. What at least I am saying is that the dress was completely over the top in terms of letting the audience know that this is a "new" Sansa--sexy Sansa, the Sansa that lies. And of course the costume itself was awful for all the reasons enumerated here.

Dearest Annara, you are taking it too seriously. Cheer up. You do sound like someone who grew up in a courtroom hiding under prosecutor's desk. As I said, you are consistent in your blind spot when it comes to Sansa and Sophie. I find that endearing. Since I don't share your enthusiasm (not that I dislike the character or Sophie, mind you, but for you nothing short of adoration quite does it), I must be evil in your eyes, like all other posters with similar attitudes are as well. I don't mind. Although, it is getting a bit boring. I'm sure little humour harms no one. And Sophie goes from chaste to Darth Vaderess in a space of two scenes. Many of us find that hilarious in terms of writers' slaughtering original books. So, chill and join the fun of nitpicking with no repercussions. Stop being our repercussion. You can be that all you want on different threads. Leave us this small window for humour. It's healthy. :cheers:

The Evil Queen in Black is a common trope--we see it everywhere. The Vamp in Black also. No one is saying Sansa is "evil" for wearing the dress. What at least I am saying is that the dress was completely over the top in terms of letting the audience know that this is a "new" Sansa--sexy Sansa, the Sansa that lies. And of course the costume itself was awful for all the reasons enumerated here.

Mind you, Sansa has been lying from season 1. I see no difference (to quote the immortal words of Severus Snape).

Dearest Annara, you are taking it too seriously. Cheer up. You do sound like someone who grew up in a courtroom hiding under prosecutor's desk. As I said, you are consistent in your blind spot when it comes to Sansa and Sophie. I find that endearing. Since I don't share your enthusiasm (not that I dislike the character or Sophie, mind you, but for you nothing short of adoration quite does it), I must be evil in your eyes, like all other posters with similar attitudes are as well. I don't mind. Although, it is getting a bit boring. I'm sure little humour harms no one. And Sophie goes from chaste to Darth Vaderess in a space of two scenes. Many of us find that hilarious in terms of writers' slaughtering original books. So, chill and join the fun of nitpicking with no repercussions. Stop being our repercussion. You can be that all you want on different threads. Leave us this small window for humour. It's healthy. :cheers:

You have apparently been living under a rock, since you think that the posters ranting in this thread for the last 4-5 pages feel the same way about Sansa that you do. It is amusing, sort of, to see you lump yourself and them together.

Also, as the only person who's posted something genuinely humorous in this thread in a long time, I find it charming that you're asking me to leave you and some others (?) "a small window for humour". I'm not stopping you from posting something funny, so why don't you? I'd really love to see some that humour you speak of.

Archived