Your favorite character TV/Book ? Why

lancelot97

I think that it's a frequent question ,but I'm really curious about this :) By my side ,I support Tyrion with all my heart and I started to do so after Blackwater ... He was,is and will be my fav character and I really ,really hope that he will be one of the dragonriders ("fingers crossed ") :leer:

Margaery and Ollena in the show are examples of the advantages the show can have. Not being nailed down to a PoV character. Bronn is more likeable in the show, other than that I have my favorites in both.

The big three (Jon, Dany, Tyrion)

Stannis

Sansa has begun to grow on me

Arya's pretty constantly liked

Jaime

Davos

ETC

The only character I truly and unreservedly despise is Walder Frey.

• 2 weeks later...

Ned is probably my favorite character in the series, and it was exciting to get a glimpse of him again in aDwD via Bran's greensight. I also love Arya and Jon Snow, so I guess I am a fan of House Stark in general.

My favorite non-pov character is either Syrio Forel or Littlefinger. On a side note, I think it is awesome that Littlefinger remains a non-pov character. GRRM is able to give us small glimpses of his intentions, only to make us second guess ourselves.

Sansa. I love that she is at the age where you sort of lose that childhood way of thinking and acting, and the fairytale way of thinking. I'm a very introverted person with a sort of idealistic nature and still young so it's strange seeing how I change my thoughts through experience whilst keeping this way of thinking, so I'm always particularly interested in writers who have introverted characters. I also love the writing of an idealist struggling to cope with intense and difficult situations that can shift their thinking. I like the story GRRM has given Sansa and her- sometimes spoiled or silly- kind goodhearted nature, and very internally clever way of dealing with things. I think in a story of such big characters- all of whom I love- this more introverted way of thinking and surviving can be under appreciated or forgotten. Or in the case of Sansa can lead to downright hatred for some asoiaf fans, the controvery of which makes me like her character more.

(Other favourites are Cersei, Jaime, Sandor).

Aegon Targaryen VI/ ®Aegon/ Young Griff

His reveal in ADWD was one of the biggest gamechangers for me. Despite being a bit arrogant and inexperienced, he has alot of potential as a character and probable power player. He also provides me a great alternative to characters I've grown an aversion to or who I feel have become stagnated in development.

My other favorites include Tyrion and Arya.

After the show's portrayal it's the Hound, hands down.

From the books it was Robb, then Tyrion and Jon. Jon has faded on me over time. Tyrion had shifted but is still probably #1. I actually have begun appreciating the newer Jaime more and more. Not sure what to make of that. Dany fell off hard in ADWD. Still very much like Arya. Brienne is another that the show improved greatly. I like Brienne.

Archived