Customs regarding newborns?

Are there any specific customs in the world of Westeros with regards to newborns? Other than just giving birth under those Weirwood trees, like Cersei did with her children?

I'm curious as want to do some interesting things for my baby, that's all.

Note I've only read up to A Feast for Crows where the Iron Men have arrived for their Kingsmoot.

Because the men are bound to be present at the childbirth, I mean in the delivery room during childbirth?

No, no, of course not :)

But for as far as I know, when a man doesn't want to be present in the birthing room, he goes to another part of the building at least somewhere relatively closeby. Robert actually fled the city, travelled to the woods and stayed away for days.

So Robert really tries to get far away from it all, far away from what he most likely regards as the most unpleasant part.

No, no, of course not :)

But for as far as I know, when a man doesn't want to be present in the birthing room, he goes to another part of the building at least somewhere relatively closeby. Robert actually fled the city, travelled to the woods and stayed away for days.

So Robert really tries to get far away from it all, far away from what he most likely regards as the most unpleasant part.

Robert knew that he had to left them and he should had done it. Kill Cersei and made it look like an accident.

Archived