Eva Green

Padraig O'Sullivan

How about as Nymeria Sand ? She could bring that perfect mix of regal arrogance and incredible sexiness.

(However, Dorne having been established as sort of Spanish-sounding, that might complicate things.)

Eva Green would be an excellent Lyanna Stark.

Yup, though I must say as a grown-up one. Or a grown-up Arya Stark, if there was some forward-looking scene where it can't be Maisie.

If Ashara is still alive in whatever capacity, I wouldn't mind seeing Eva take the role.

Another good choice.

The fact is...there are no roles for Eva Green, if you judge her by her looks. She could have been an extraordinary Cersei or Mel (with her hair dyed), but right now...I can't think of any character for her except Asha/Yara, which is quite small for an actress of her status.

She'd make a PERFECT Val.

Except that Val is about the same age as Jon. She would have made a wonderful Melisandre, as everyone has noted, but that part was already filled.

We don't know her age. I've always thought she's in her early 20s, while Jon was 17 in ADWD

Carice is a phenomenal actress and perfectly cast as Melisandre (though the fact that she was apparently asked to audition for Cersei is intriguing; she could've done well there, though maybe not as well as Lena Headey).

I don't care for Eva Green as an actress. She's beautiful, but I don't think she's got great chops and it's surprising how much they've tried to make her a thing. "300: Rise of an Empire" is the best performance she's given (with "Kingdom of Heaven" a close second), but everything else has been unimpressive. So no, I don't think she would have played Melisandre nearly as well as van Houten.

That said, Green ten years ago might've made a good Daenerys.

Archived