Eva Green

Padraig O'Sullivan

Eva Green as Asha Greyjoy...She would've been flawless.

Yeah there is one I could go with.

Alas I think when that casting came Green was tied up in a lot of film work... and now I think her stock has even gone up.

I don't think she was even approached, tho you never know.

Camelot... Eva Green was the only thing good about that she ... a waste of a fine talent.

I think so, yes. Nothing against Carice, she's great and all.

But Eva Green is Melisandre. She's only pretending to be an actress to turn the most powerful Hollywood tycoons into worshippers of R'hllor and to get them away from the Great Other, who manifests himself through the Church of Scientology

I wonder if Eva was offered the role. I guess she would've turned it down because it was somewhat similar to her role in Camelot. I don't mind her not being in though because Carice is excellent. She is entirely convincing as a woman who is able to enamour not only Stannis (a man who isn't easily enamoured btw) but a large portion of his army. Very charismatic, she never blinks and lest I forget (how could I) she's beautiful. Though Eva could pull off all of those things, I prefer Carice.

this is a tough one. They are both stunning and Eva is excellent in the new horror series Penny Dreadful on showtime. But Carice to me is really fantastic as Melisandre. She is also the most beautiful woman on GoT by far she is exquisite

I think Carice is still better, because even though Eva does give that mysterious and magical vibe, and she's all around very charming and beautiful (and let's be honest, the only reason 300: Rise Of An Empire was tolerable was because of her), I think Carice, while at the same time has these elements, brings also this creepiness that I think is needed for Mel. She's great.

I wonder if Eva was offered the role. I guess she would've turned it down because it was somewhat similar to her role in Camelot. I don't mind her not being in though because Carice is excellent. She is entirely convincing as a woman who is able to enamour not only Stannis (a man who isn't easily enamoured btw) but a large portion of his army. Very charismatic, she never blinks and lest I forget (how could I) she's beautiful. Though Eva could pull off all of those things, I prefer Carice.

LOL, the way they've written Stannis in the show makes him look so easily enamoured.

Carice IS Mel. She was born to play the role.

Eva Green would be an excellent Lyanna Stark. Having her as Asha/Yara...I don't think an actress of her status would want such a small role. D&D don't seem to like the character at all.

Frankly, Eva could even be a pretty great AD (though I doubt we're going to see her in the flashbacks). Sure, no purple eyes, but they're huge and rather haunting.

EDIT: Maybe if AD=SL and they'll bother casting her...again, very long shot on multiple accounts.

Carice IS Mel. She was born to play the role.

Eva Green would be an excellent Lyanna Stark. Having her as Asha/Yara...I don't think an actress of her status would want such a small role. D&D don't seem to like the character at all.

I agree , would Green have agreed to such little screen time? I don't think D&D dislike Yara/Asah, I think they have just re-imagined the Greyjoys at Pyke , as things goes we should see more of Gemma Whelan in season 5, I guess.

Well Eva is a near A-lister right now and they have another near A lister in Ciarán Hinds who was in only one episode that season! So she might have done it.

I think season 2 was cast before they knew that Camelot wouldn't be back. It's ratings were good, it was production & cast problems that killed it.

I think season 2 was cast before they knew that Camelot wouldn't be back. It's ratings were good, it was production & cast problems that killed it.

It's ratings were less than a million most of the season, never topped 1.13 m.

Reviews started out good, but went in the dumper as the season went along.

I watched it only for Eva Green, was glad it flopped so she could move on to other things.

They should recast Dany and have Eva Green play her role. Emilia Clarke, aside from being a very mediocre actress doesn't shed her clother anymore whereas Eva Green is practically naked in everything and a better actress.

Archived