Martin Teases TWOW in EW....

Druze

Except Ashara's bastard child (she did indeed have one) is revealed, in Barristan's thoughts to himself, to have been a stillborn GIRL. And there wasn't time for her to have more than one.

Yeah, it was also revealed, that Ned did bed a woman named "Wylla", who Robert calls his [Ned's] Bastard's mother. Also Edric Dayne claims to know that Wylla is Jon's mother.

Not sold on the N + A, but I'd love to get more about the Dayne in the next books. I'm sure its bound to happen down the line. You cant have such a badass House like that and not feature it at some point. I wanna know what happens at Starfall, what they know, who's still there...

I know we get Edric and Darkstar, but I wish to believe there is a Dayne up at something more out there !

Not sold on the N + A, but I'd love to get more about the Dayne in the next books. I'm sure its bound to happen down the line. You cant have such a badass House like that and not feature it at some point. I wanna know what happens at Starfall, what they know, who's still there...

I know we get Edric and Darkstar, but I wish to believe there is a Dayne up at something more out there !

Quoting GRRM:

"Dawn remains at Starfall, until another Sword of the Morning shall arise."

Maybe we'll get to see another SotM and he will hopefully play a big role.

It may turn out to be Darkstar. The irony if he does wield Dawn somewhere down. House Dayne taking a darker turn "of the night" ! ^^

Wild-spec here : Darkstark will be fighting Obara and Areo with Dawn he'd have stolen from Starfall.

It's interesting that he says there will be lots going on at the wall. Mel is the only POV there at the moment and I don't see GRRM giving her loads of chapters (it would kind of ruin her whole mysterious vibe). I wonder if we'll get any existing POV's heading to the wall?

Maybe Theon manages to escape and take the black. Or Arya gets sent there to assassinate Shireen or Mel.

I think we'll see Bran arrive at the Wall. There's been a decent amount of foreshadowing that he will be the one to revive/resurrect/recycle Jon.

Dany spending more time in the Dothraki Sea implies we're in for a trip back to the Mother of Mountains so Dany can have the scene with the Crones she saw in the HotU.

I think we'll see Bran arrive at the Wall. There's been a decent amount of foreshadowing that he will be the one to revive/resurrect/recycle Jon.

Dany spending more time in the Dothraki Sea implies we're in for a trip back to the Mother of Mountains so Dany can have the scene with the Crones she saw in the HotU.

Why does Bran need to physically be there to do that, though? He would be more involved in Jon's 'soul' than with his body.

My theory:

The Battle for Meereen will be finished long before Dany gets back, since she will be having significant interactions with the Dothraki. Among the important points here is that this limits her speed of travel to that of a trotting horse, not a flying dragon.

At some point, however, she will be wanting to get back to Meereen to see what has become of her other "children" (the dragons, and/or the Unsullied, or other freed slaves.) She may not like what she finds out.

To me this is the biggest takeaway. If the book starts with a big Meereen battle then certainly Dany won't come riding in whilst the fighting's still going on or about to finish. She'll meander around the Dothraki sea, reminding Mago she still has it in for him while Meereen will still be adjusting to its post battle situation - for most of the book. That concerns me a lot. Dany has a lot to sort out in Meereen before flies out of there and I see little sense of wasting pages on the Dothraki sea. If she needs to assemble a horde of horse lords then fine, but don't let her spend most of the book away from Meereen, which is what this interview is implying.

I still believe in N+A=J.

It isn't there. The timelines don't match-up. It takes a cock-a-mammy theory about crossing enemy lines, getting knocked-up, then leaving for this to be a possibility. On top of it, there is no textual hinting that any such rendezvous occurred between Ned and anyone.

I think the fact that the show's producers both figured out fairly quickly after reading the series who the mother was shows that it is simply as obvious as it seems.

Yeah, it was also revealed, that Ned did bed a woman named "Wylla", who Robert calls his [Ned's] Bastard's mother. Also Edric Dayne claims to know that Wylla is Jon's mother.

I find this as proof that Ashara isn't the mother and that the baby was born before Ned returned the sword back to the Daynes.

However, you need to remember that if Jon is indeed Lyanna and Rhaegar's son, the deception began immediately. So when Ned arrived with Jon and his wet nurse to return the sword, it was assumed the nurse was the mother. I'd be willing to bet we find her with the Reeds.

The only true mystery is if Jon is truly baseborn or if he is something greater as a son of Lyanna and Rhaegar. Those are the only two possibilities. I think it is the latter simply based on the mystery that surrounds the parentage.

Martin duped us all if he revealed the parentage in such an obtuse way from Edric Dayne.

It may turn out to be Darkstar. The irony if he does wield Dawn somewhere down. House Dayne taking a darker turn "of the night" ! ^^

Wild-spec here : Darkstark will be fighting Obara and Areo with Dawn he'd have stolen from Starfall.

Darkstar will only get Dawn if he steals it. He's a bad guy and terrible assassin.

Indeed, that one Bran chapter in A Dance with Dragons that everyone gets a kick out of sees a couple of crescent moons, implying a pretty massive timeskip. I don't see why George couldn't do the same for Dany's trip to the Mother of Mountains.

Martin should not have done multiple chapters on the battle for mereen, he should've done it Tolkien style-Pellenor Fields.

I think the part about the Wall being prominent is further evidence that Jon is not out of the story. I'm not sure how anyone can argue he is dead and gone or going to spend the rest of the story as Ghost. I just don't see Melisandre suddenly becoming a major POV with tons of chapters at this late stage.

I'd watch Tyrion burn just to ensure a Arya and Jon reunion, I'd even throw Dany into the fire Just to appease the gods.

I still don't what the fuss is about, why are people so insistent on Tyrion and Dany meeting/ friendship BS. Her associating with Tyrion will only make her look bad in front of the Lord's of Westeros. If she took his head, it would be justice in the eyes of Westeros. =)

I must be in the minority that cares not if the imp lives or dies =( I just want Jon to survive!

If any lords of Westeros have a problem with her associating with Tyrion, she can just respond, "I have dragons; your argument is irrelevant." Besides, if Robert can forgive most of the bannermen who fought against him during his rebellion, Daenerys can forgive Tyrion for sins he didn't even commit (those of his family), and a few other sins that clearly helped her cause and distanced him from the aforementioned ones (king- and kinslaying). Whether she can ever forgive him for making the bald man cry into his sister's turtle soup or for bringing a donkey and a honeycomb into a brothel is another matter.

Having Tyrion advising her will help her achieve her goals a lot faster. He know's what's going on in the 7 Kingdoms, masterfully ruled them for a time, in fact. They don't ever really need to be friends, just allies fighting for a common cause. Then she can pack him off to Casterly Rock and never set eyes on him again.

I think the part about the Wall being prominent is further evidence that Jon is not out of the story. I'm not sure how anyone can argue he is dead and gone or going to spend the rest of the story as Ghost. I just don't see Melisandre suddenly becoming a major POV with tons of chapters at this late stage.

Tormund Giantsbane will become a POV, and we'll be regaled with dozens of tall tales of his enormous half-member, mixed in with a little bit about what's going on at the wall.

Indeed, that one Bran chapter in A Dance with Dragons that everyone gets a kick out of sees a couple of crescent moons, implying a pretty massive timeskip. I don't see why George couldn't do the same for Dany's trip to the Mother of Mountains.

In a land where seasons last for years, but hey, they sometimes don't last that long (WTF happened to autumn?), I'm sure the moon phases are also a bit weird and don't make for reliable time pieces.

I honestly think that with all these teases that Martin is meaning for Winds of Winter to come fairly soon. Maybe late 2014, early 2015

I agree - winter 2015 (i.e. Jan. or Feb.). He's missing out on a cash cow by not releasing it before Christmas, though.

Tormund Giantsbane will become a POV, and we'll be regaled with dozens of tall tales of his enormous half-member, mixed in with a little bit about what's going on at the wall.

Unfortunately, this could be an accurate description of a new POV.

I agree - winter 2015 (i.e. Jan. or Feb.). He's missing out on a cash cow by not releasing it before Christmas, though.

He has his 2014 cash cow with that stupid encyclopedia. Honestly though, I don't care if it is published in 2018 if he just turns it in and starts writing the seventh.

His publishers should not allow him to promote any books until he is done with the series. He is too distractible. He should finish, then publish.

Maybe it's a combination of POVs.some chapters from Jon,some from Melisandre,some from Bran,some from Theon or Davos if they come to the Wall.

Archived