Small questions v. 10084

Knight Of Winter

Sad to say, the three would-be informers proved no more useful than the Tyroshi. One said that the Imp was hiding in an Oldtown brothel, pleasuring men with his mouth. It made for a droll picture, but Cersei did not believe it for an instant. The second claimed to have seen the dwarf in a mummers show in Braavos. The third insisted Tyrion had become a hermit in the riverlands, living on some haunted hill.

After the Tyroshi presented Cersei the head of Pennys brother, she received three more informers. The third one spoke of the Ghost of High Heart. Now we know that the second one was Bobono. So, who is that dwarf in the Oldtown brothel, pleasuring men with his mouth. Is Oldtown the place whores go? Is that dwarf son of Tyrion and Tysha?

Ihave a feeling Leo Tyrell knows him.

Not convinced. And what about the ravens? Messages sent from the field are often much more important than ones from a castle.

As far as hedge medics, or woods witches, I remember Robb's wife from the show, and Pate (as well as the various maegi and rural healers, Maggy, etc.) from the prologue of FfC seemed convinced he could find a place in a village or whatnot if he ran off from the Citadel, but I see no reason this precludes a maester from being pressed into field service during times of war.

In fact, iirc, isn't there precedent for royals and lords to sometimes bring maesters to tournaments?

I asked the ?, so thanks :)

Just curious, who was that? icr... It was a time of war then, too.

To be serious there has never been a Maester in the field that I've noticed. Pate mulls taking his limited education on the road, never being an actual Maester, and Oberyn Martell has some training, the Half Maester ditto. Fully trained and accredited Maesters may be in the field. I just do not see it in the books. Feel free to point out an example - away from castles/houses sites where the injured are transported - that I missed.

Tourneys are at castles

You don't need a Maester to care for and send ravens from the field. See: Sam and the big ranging. Who would receive the ravens if the Maester sends them home?

NOT addressing the show on this BBS.

Maegis and Maesters are from 2 different cultures.

Maybe it's possible but it hasn't been done in 5 books. As you yourself say, ppl with lesser education fill the gap.

To be serious there has never been a Maester in the field that I've noticed. Pate mulls taking his limited education on the road, never being an actual Maester, and Oberyn Martell has some training, the Half Maester ditto. Fully trained and accredited Maesters may be in the field. I just do not see it in the books. Feel free to point out an example - away from castles/houses sites where the injured are transported - that I missed.

Tourneys are at castles

You don't need a Maester to care for and send ravens from the field. See: Sam and the big ranging. Who would receive the ravens if the Maester sends them home?

NOT addressing the show on this BBS.

Maegis and Maesters are from 2 different cultures.

Maybe it's possible but it hasn't been done in 5 books. As you yourself say, ppl with lesser education fill the gap.

Didn't Robert have his own maester tend to Barristan at the Battle of the Trident?

Didn't Robert have his own maester tend to Barristan at the Battle of the Trident?

ROBERT was injured. Why Ned beat him to KL. Barristan was injured too. Where does it say they were treated by a Maester in the field? Does it make sense the Maester would treat Selmy instead of Robert?

Archived