July 2014 reads

mashiara

Summer is here, are you guys taking some books with you to the beach, or wherever else you spend your vacation time? (I miss reading by the sea. Maybe when the Spawn are older...)

I'm reading Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin. Haven't made much progress, I keep falling asleep whenever I try to read more than a couple of pages.

What are you reading?

I'll be starting The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy. I've watched both the American and European version of this movie and I think the books will be really good. I liked the European version of the movie better.

The books are amazing, I couldn't put them down.

I've got The Broken Empire series winging it's way to me so that should keep me occupied for a chunk of July!

I'll be starting The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy. I've watched both the American and European version of this movie and I think the books will be really good. I liked the European version of the movie better.

Books were brilliant imo, and agree, European version was thr better one.

Read the last short story in Rogues this morning. I don't really want to read anything new this week as I'm saving them for my holiday...May re-read The Dragon Keeper :)

Books were brilliant imo, and agree, European version was thr better one.

Read the last short story in Rogues this morning. I don't really want to read anything new this week as I'm saving them for my holiday...May re-read The Dragon Keeper :)

I'm currently reading the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth, I'm halfway through the first book then if I want to take a break from reading the next book of the trilogy, I'll read Catching Fire. I have a lot of books to read, and still find time to write my own stories and work :)

The books are great just sometimes really slow but still worth it.

I'm trying to get to Great Expectations either this week or next but that should be my first July read.

I finished Here is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History by Andrew Carroll last night/early this morning (it was just past midnight). It was great history/travelogue book that was hard to put down at the end of lunch or work breaks.

I'm starting The Guns of August by Barbara Tuchman today and it'll be followed by The Great War: A Combat History of the FIrst World War by Peter Hart. These two books are a personal WWI project since the centennial of the conflicts beginning is this month.

Year-long readings update:

The Bible: Through Malachi and thus the Old Testament, today I begin Matthew.

The Complete Works of William Shakespeare: I'm through Hamlet, Act III.

At the moment I'm not quite yet in half of Dark Places by Gillian Flynn.

So far I like it more than Gone Girl, so I suspect I may belong to the camp, who enjoys Flynn's two earlier novels more than the very popular GG. Hmmm, if this one ends to my satisfaction, I might be forced to eventually pick up Sharp Objects, but, given its contents, ugh, I'm not sure I want to.

I need a suggestion from my July read. I am on my college vacation so I got plenty of time. I read in two months the three books of the gentlemen bastards series. So I read all ASOIAF thus far, the whole first law trilogy, the King killer chronicles released thus far, the Prince of thorns trilogy. Hunger games. Warlord chronicles. Robopocalypse. The demon cycle. American Gods. Mongoliad book one. Alright so I guess you can see what genres I like based from what I wrote. I have the night angel trilogy sitting on my epub library, ocean at the end of the lane, the grim company and the passage all sitting there. I really have no idea what to read for July. Help me guys. Please

Decided to go ahead with The Dragon Keeper re-read...Seem to have lost myself in the book, my e-reader tells me I am 47% complete already. Well, enjoyment certainly doesn't diminish with re-reading. Got the First Law trilogy kind of cheap (£13 for the whole trilogy) so will move on to that once I finish my Rain Wilds re-read. I'm also hoping to read War and Peace, Oliver Twist and Jane Eyre this month

I'm almost finished Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King. I should finish it tomorrow, as long as I'm not too tired when I get back from work.

After that I'm not sure what to read next. I might start reading Blood Song by Anthony Ryan because everyone says it's amazing.

Yup,me too.Bought the ebook earlier today and going to start later.How is it so far compared to Book #1 ?

Reads the same way. If you liked the first, I suspect you'll like the 2nd, at least from what I've read so far. I'm interested.

Archived