Is Jon Snow bi-sexual?

Juliet Burke

Jon haters using a few 'Satin' related comments to stir up Jon fans. I wouldn't even be bothered if Jon was bi but I don't think he is.

Why do you assume that anyone detecting a homoerotic relationship are haters trying to stir things up? Jon is in my top 5 and I think there's a case to be made for him to be bi.

To be honest the lack of a "gay for the duration" attitude at the wall seemed a bit unrealistic to me. The NW are a bit too noble and starchy for a bunch of thieves and rapists.

Well the thing is, there's no duration on the Wall, it's for life. That, and the existence of relatively easily accessible brothels in Mole Town probably cuts back on that a lot. Which isn't to say it doesn't happen, I think there's discreet mention of a gay couple, and one of them mourning the death of the other.

I just don't see the need for people to try to force different sexual orientations on characters. Why? But then again I'm the guy who didn't catch during GoT that Renly was decidedly gay. I just thought he was a a more...colorful individual? Simply put, I couldn't care less about anyone's sexual orientation so long as it doesn't affect me, which book characters are not likely to do.

I just don't see the need for people to try to force different sexual orientations on characters. Why? But then again I'm the guy who didn't catch during GoT that Renly was decidedly gay. I just thought he was a a more...colorful individual? Simply put, I couldn't care less about anyone's sexual orientation so long as it doesn't affect me, which book characters are not likely to do.

There's no gay agenda.

Well the thing is, there's no duration on the Wall, it's for life. That, and the existence of relatively easily accessible brothels in Mole Town probably cuts back on that a lot. Which isn't to say it doesn't happen, I think there's discreet mention of a gay couple, and one of them mourning the death of the other.

I know the ones you're talking about. That one got my attention as soon as I read it.

Yeah Garth Greyfeather and Alf of runnymud. I am not sure if it is Alf, it may be another nights watchmen i would have to check, but Garth for sure is the one that dies on a ranging along with hairy hal and black jack bulwer. Honestly I think there is alot of dont kiss dont tell, behind closed doors sort of thing. Just because its not laid bare in the text doesn't mean it isnt happening.

In correlation to Jon. I don't think he is Bi, just can appreciate a good looking man... I probably could of phrased that better but I think It gets the point across. Though if Jon turns out to be Bi, i wouldnt mind. Although, who is to say Satin is gay. Sure he was a male prostitute, but maybe he had to sell himself to men to earn a living, (could also be a whore for women, we do not know). So Satin may in fact be the one to turn down Jon if indeed Jon makes a pass, that would be quite an awkward exchange. But yes, Jon being Bi, i do not think so, Satin being gay, I think he may be, but we can not be sure. Will a romance occur between the two, we'll find out, after the break (and the release of the upcoming books).

Don't think he is and see nothing in the text that hints at it.

Always found it stupid that for a woman to look at another woman and think she is beautiful, or notice her beautiful clothes, or her pleasant smell, or her lovely posture, etc, is ok and nothing that would make the observing woman a homosexual or bisexual woman, but a man to do the same to another man is indicative that there is a tendency for him to be something other than heterosexual.

Yeah Garth Greyfeather and Alf of runnymud. I am not sure if it is Alf, it may be another nights watchmen i would have to check, but Garth for sure is the one that dies on a ranging along with hairy hal and black jack bulwer. Honestly I think there is alot of dont kiss dont tell, behind closed doors sort of thing. Just because its not laid bare in the text doesn't mean it isnt happening.

In correlation to Jon. I don't think he is Bi, just can appreciate a good looking man... I probably could of phrased that better but I think It gets the point across. Though if Jon turns out to be Bi, i wouldnt mind. Although, who is to say Satin is gay. Sure he was a male prostitute, but maybe he had to sell himself to men to earn a living, (could also be a whore for women, we do not know). So Satin may in fact be the one to turn down Jon if indeed Jon makes a pass, that would be quite an awkward exchange. But yes, Jon being Bi, i do not think so, Satin being gay, I think he may be, but we can not be sure. Will a romance occur between the two, we'll find out, after the break (and the release of the upcoming books).

Hairy Hal is the one you are referring to. A lot of others as well, I guess, but Jon is not somebody to poke his nose in the love life of others.

Satin definitely never serviced women as a whore. Those women would throw away their "honor" and would soon need to prostitute themselves to eat. At best. Misogyny is a thing in Westeros.

Hairy Hal is the one you are referring to. A lot of others as well, I guess, but Jon is not somebody to poke his nose in the love life of others.

Satin definitely never serviced women as a whore. Those women would throw away their "honor" and would soon need to prostitute themselves to eat. At best. Misogyny is a thing in Westeros.

I don't think it is hairy hal. Garth, Black Jack Bulwer and Hairy Hal were the group killed by the weeper. And I am pretty sure its Garth that Alf mourns over?

I agree on Jon not sticking his nose in, his character isnt like that.

I was only giving out another possible route that seems to be overlooked. I agree that women wouldnt visit, but its just a possibility, which i myself do not believe in. But i d agree about the Misogyny statement. Dorne seems to be the only place in Westeros where it is a lesser issue

Don't think he is and see nothing in the text that hints at it.

Always found it stupid that for a woman to look at another woman and think she is beautiful, or notice her beautiful clothes, or her pleasant smell, or her lovely posture, etc, is ok and nothing that would make the observing woman a homosexual or bisexual woman, but a man to do the same to another man is indicative that there is a tendency for him to be something other than heterosexual.

I do think most of the Jon bisexuality is a joke, on most posters parts and that's fine. But, for those that do think there is something to Jon's descriptions of Satin, or Ned's of Robert for that matter, I think perhaps some aren't allowing for the fact that Jon IS the only character that the author has available to give us the description of Satin, same with Ned in GOT and being able to describe a young Robert.

More Importantly: Waves HI, I haven't run into you in so long.

Archived