Wanted: White reprint aGoT aCoK

I ordered the only set listed on Abebooks (US) and I currently only see ADWD listed from Spain. The other hardcovers on Abe from a French seller are actually paperback - their listing is incorrect.

Bookdepository has Festin de Cuervos (AFFC) in hardcover.

This is the spanish site I found... estudioenescarlata that seems to have them all but they didn't get back to me.

Looks like later prints though right?

I would doubt there is more that one printing of this edition. Seems quite expensive to reprint. I'm sure they are still out and about. You just have to look. Plus, they aren't your typical reading copies and are pricey.

I see it says it's a deluxe edition. I think that number is a mistake because the other titles have different numbers also. I'm guess they either numbered the book incorrectly on the site, or they are counting the actual number of Spanish editions that were done for each title. But I would bet that this is the 1st deluxe edition and would be a 1st printing.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my Spanish game of thrones and dance with dragons and also ended up getting a signed first printing of adwd spanish edition. The 5a does mean 5th edition. When comparing the copyright pages of my two adwd I can see that there have been multiple printings of it. Can post pics later if you are interested in seeing the difference.

Got my Spanish game of thrones and dance with dragons and also ended up getting a signed first printing of adwd spanish edition. The 5a does mean 5th edition. When comparing the copyright pages of my two adwd I can see that there have been multiple printings of it. Can post pics later if you are interested in seeing the difference.

The Gigamesh editions are 1st printings... at least the ones I got. They are not first editions as they are a deluxe reprint edition. I could have purchased the spanish 1st editions but I only wanted the Gigamesh for the beautiful art and design of the books.

Interesting... can you take pics and post a link. I would love to see how they compare.

Sure thing... http://imgur.com/a/QfXGJ

also I scored a subpress Shining signed/numbered for below list ($445) and want to sell it in the future. I know you are into the SK scene and wondered if you knew if now was a good time to sell. I've seen listings as high as 900 but haven't really seen any sell that high to justify the price yet.

oh yeah, any suggestion for protecting the jackets on the Gigamesh's? my jacket sleeves have a white paper backing that ruin the translucent effect that is so cool! I have dust bags (like large comic book bags really) but I know I'll want to take them out and check out the pictures and cover art.

Sure thing... http://imgur.com/a/QfXGJ

also I scored a subpress Shining signed/numbered for below list ($445) and want to sell it in the future. I know you are into the SK scene and wondered if you knew if now was a good time to sell. I've seen listings as high as 900 but haven't really seen any sell that high to justify the price yet.

Right now SP just released their leftover copies of The Shining. So now is not a good time since you can get it for $450 list. They also still have lettered editions.

Looking at the Gigamesh editions it's a bit confusing but you definitely have a 1st print deluxe (signed) and a reprint ADWD. I believe AGOT is a 2nd edition, 1st print since it looks as if Gigamesh did a 1st edition (different design) in 2002.

• 3 months later...

I'm looking so hard for these I had to register just to ask if someone knows what's up.

I've regretted not buying these white editions since 2011 when I saw them at a local bookstore, I kept thinking they'll release some nice hardcover set when the series is finished and I'd wait for that, but it'll take ages so..

I bought AGoT and AFfC from thebookdepository very recently. The AGoT I got was a second printing as expected, but AFfC was a first printing. What I'm wondering is, if they did a second print run, why aren't there any ACoK's or ASoS's? Still first prints of AFfC's lying around, so why not even the second prints of those two? Or did they only do a second printing of AGoT? Because I remember the rest were available for a long time in 2012, but AGoT went out of stock pretty fast.

I know there's new editions coming out later this year, but their price has already went up from ~90€ to over a hundred euros a piece, so I'll rather hunt for these than wait for those to come out. I hope they'll be ugly.. I see no point in pushing out new editions, they'll probably change the design with TWoW anyway.

So, if anyone has ACoK or ASoS and is willing to sell for a reasonable price, let me know.

Archived