Board Issues 4

Angalin

starkystarkz, this is quite a common occurence. While I mostly use the mobile site from my phone now, the proper site has not been too bad on my laptop for a while. I just reset Firefox to default settings, which seemed to do the trick. Maybe you could try thay

How do I put a title to a link?

ETA: Like instead of the url, it shows whatever I choose?

On the regular website, in the answering box, there are two rows of buttons (to colour your text, or add emoticons, etc.). In the second row, you have the button to link a URL as text. It looks like three links attached to one another, with a little white + in a green circle (terrible description, I know) in the right lower corner of that button.

In other words, the second row of buttons, 9th button from the left.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you might want to have a look at some of the ads or the coding used to bypass them if they can't load. I can't actually view the forum on most browsers without AdBlock because when I try to access the site (say, on Chrome), all I get is the left side banner and then an error because an ad can't be displayed and nothing else shows up.

I don't know if this is right place to ask , but I've had a thread duplicated.( a "fatal error" turned out not to be fatal :D)

Both versions have had some replies , and I'm not sure how to amalgamate the two. Suggestions?

Just report one of the duplicate threads and include in the report a link to the other. One of us will get around to merging them. :)

I have been having real problems opening links for about a week now. I'll open Westeros and see I have notifications, and the notifications jut won't open. In Explorer, anyway. It's a bit better in Chrome. But in Explorer it's so bad I often can't exit a thread, or open a thread, or move to the next page.

Edited by Fragile Bird

• 2 weeks later...

On the mobile site I am getting a banner advertisement acrpss the bottom of the screen that is both irritating andnprevents me from quoting other people andbopening the drop out menu from the top-right hand corner of the page. If I could wprk out how tp screencap I would. I also apologise for any typos but I can't edit on my phone either (the advert thing stops me frombquoting or editing because when I tap any posts on the forum I do not gt to see the "Reply" or "Edit" options as normal

I'm getting the banner on the bottom of the page as well on the mobile site. Due to the banner, when I click on the little star in front of a thread I am following to jump to the first unread post, the site simply opens the page of the thread, and doesn't jump to the last post...

I also can't get the menu of quote when I tap someone else's post, or edit when I tap one of my own.. The fold out menu no longer works either (where you can go to your profile, or PM's and such), the button to go back to the (sub)forum does work, for some reason..

This wasn't happening this afternoon, then it happened every now and then, and currently, it is present all the time.