Board Issues 4

Angalin

For maybe a year now, whenever I visited the forum the background would show up but the actual threads wouldn't become visible until I clicked the Stop button of my browser (in Firefox the page would stop loading and only show the background, in Chrome the threads usually showed up). If I didn't do that the page would just keep on loading, and I had to repeat this every time I went to a new page even if it was in the same thread. I speculated that it might have to do with ads but I never reported it since I figured that if it happened to regular forum members and could be fixed it would have been reported and fixed long ago. This week, however, pages have started working normally: no eternal loading or need to click Stop. Whatever this is, I hope it continues.

Since a few days ago the line wrap does not work anymore when composing posts. The line keeps going forever and I get a scroll bar at the bottom. I am not aware of having changed anything and I cannot find any setting that could be changed. What's wrong???

Anyone else getting ads popping up? Just started today.

No popups just the usual side ads.

They were broken for a while for me but seemed to be fixed now.

I had adblock on when the side ads were broken and screwed up the forum interface, but I turned it off now that everything is fine. I suppose that Westeros.org is getting ad money from these things & I don't mind supporting that now that the ads are fixed.

I've been having trouble again recently that seems similar to the previous sidebar issues. Almost every time I load a new page all posts are overlaid or it's just blank and I have to clear cache and refresh. But while annoying at least that works!

Edited by Elaena Targaryen

I don't get notices anymore when someone quotes me. I think it's been going on for a few weeks now, since that week where the site kept on crashing.

I tried resetting my setting but it didn't work.

I tried to start a thread again and I got that;

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2722 bytes) in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ironthrone/sources/classes/text/parser.php on line 1780

Anyone knows what I should do?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2722 bytes) in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ironthrone/sources/classes/text/parser.php on line 1780

I just made a thread and got the same (or something similar, didn't read the entire thing, nor memorized it). My thread, though, was posted without a problem, despite the error page that originally came up.

Happened to me a few times before, and each time, the thread was posted, even though I got the fatal error message.

I just made a thread and got the same (or something similar, didn't read the entire thing, nor memorized it). My thread, though, was posted without a problem, despite the error page that originally came up.

Happened to me a few times before, and each time, the thread was posted, even though I got the fatal error message.

The same thing happens to me for more than 2 weeks and the thread it's never posted.

The same thing happens to me for more than 2 weeks and the thread it's never posted.

I've had problems with posting posts (heh), but they are due to the board crashing. I suppose it's the same with new threads, just that the message responds differently. If you're posting big topics, it might be that.