Board Issues 4

Angalin

Honestly, if a "Hey, forums are down for a bit today while we upgrade," message is that big of an inconvenience for anyone, they should probably take a long look at their priorities.

It isn't just that it might lead to some downtime during the upgrade (for forum, wiki and the main site all at once), it could also lead to more problems in the following days. New software is always a bit of a risk and the next version is only just now out of beta.

Edited by Linda

sooooo there is no way for me to go to the most recent posts that I haven't read in a thread anymore?

Yes, once you have read through that thread again you can click the little blue button at the side to hop back to your last read post. Although, it only recalls which post you read last on whichever device you read them on, and even then sometimes resets (I assume because search is enabled briefly again or something)

I am still having trouble with the quote function. When I quote someone, the quote shows up in the dialogue box as code and then only permits me to add my comments within that user's quote box. So I cannot format my comments at all. Is there something I can do to see a separate area for my own comments (which would be format-able?) Many thanks for all you do...

Yes, once you have read through that thread again you can click the little blue button at the side to hop back to your last read post. Although, it only recalls which post you read last on whichever device you read them on, and even then sometimes resets (I assume because search is enabled briefly again or something)

So everything has reset to unread?

We had plans to use the cloud to be able to scale up to load, but it has not yet happened for various reasons. If we can't get that worked out next year, I think we may go and just get a third server. That should be sufficient to our needs.

I tried to post a topic for the first time. It was supposed to be in the ASOIAF-forum but when I had posted it I was sent to the GoT-forum. And since I am waiting for a moderator to approve my post I don't know if it was posted the wrong place which would be a shame, because I don't want to give spoilers to people who are watching the show but haven't read the books...

Can someone help me?

Edited by Jon's Real Mother

It's all load-based generally. We had it on for an extended time this week, but we seem to have managed to get some minor tweaks in that have improved stability.

From my experience, it will probably be off later this evening and through Monday, perhaps through Tuesday. Load is highest then.

The follow and share are something new we're trying on mobile to increase awareness of the wiki, and this means it'll show up on mobile devices looking at the other parts of Westeros (like the forum). :) It can mostly be minimized if you push the arrow on the right...

Re: Paypal, was it a banner that stuck to the bottom or moved as you scrolled? I think some ad units we occasionally get served are of that variety.

Re: notifications, I've put in another support request.

Edited by Ran