Board Issues 4

Angalin

Getting some crazy PHP errors.

Win7/Chrome

Screenshot:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e13/xraytheenforcer/Capture_west_zpsciie6uif.png

I have had this a few times on Firefox and Safari too.

Yep. On all pages. Persisted for 15 minutes, but now seems to be resolved.

And this happened for me too. Short lived problem

I'm also having difficulty posting. No particular messages, but I get the little loading icon for a few minutes and then sometimes my post will appear, sometimes not. Also seem to be making an unusual amount of double posts, and I know it's not just me this has happened to.

Very odd. We do seem to be getting odd spikes in latency that I can't quite pin down. May be time to put us back into performance mode...

ACtually, how common was it when we were in performance mode earlier in the week?

Just when I was typing it, it was gone.

I have another question. When I check the full board version (not the mobile version) on my smartphone (Android), since a few weeks I always see 'follow' and 'share'. Can I turn this off permanently because it's difficult to read the rest?

Just when I was typing it, it was gone.

I have another question. When I check the full board version (not the mobile version) on my smartphone (Android), since a few weeks I always see 'follow' and 'share'. Can I turn this off permanently because it's difficult to read the rest?

You can minimise it with the downward pointing arrow beside share

The follow and share are something new we're trying on mobile to increase awareness of the wiki, and this means it'll show up on mobile devices looking at the other parts of Westeros (like the forum). :) It can mostly be minimized if you push the arrow on the right...

Re: Paypal, was it a banner that stuck to the bottom or moved as you scrolled? I think some ad units we occasionally get served are of that variety.

Re: notifications, I've put in another support request.

Is what Ran said when I mentioned it on page 20. I do t think you can get rid of it entirely (at least I've not found a way yet

After looking at it, I suspect the PHP errors are a result of moving the forum to the same server as the main site. IPB and ExpressionEngine don't seem to play nice together in certain circumstances, leading to errors when EE outputs the list of news items that we include on the forum. We'll probably have to wait for the forum upgrade to sort that out.

I am still having difficulties using gravatar to upload pics for my avatar. My last one I had to upload direct from the computer, which is a bit difficult due to the 50MB limit.

Basically what happens is when I 'tick' the "Use Gravatar" box and then select okay, the box doesn't stay ticked, so my image doesn't upload. Any ideas how to resolve the issue?

The Friends section is gone from my content page. I cannot click on a members name in a post to see their profile, or send a PM. When I click on Members, I get a page saying I am not authorized to do that.

I tried to post just now and I wasn't sure if it posted or not (it did). I opened up another tab to see if it posted, and instead of text in the thread name, I got what looked like Chinese symbols. Opened up another forum tab and it was normal text.

For the longest time I had a hard time accessing the forum. I would get the Internal server page. I assumed that was because of heavy traffic because of the shows new episodes. I haven't had that problem at all for the past week. I assumed I would not be able to get in because of last weeks episode. Lot of people posting. But gratefully, I could get access.

I understand issues like this will happen and I am sure you will get it fixed. There is no rush on my part, I just wanted to let you know the problems I am having. I can't help but laugh though - there's a saying going on in my head - the one from Everybody Loves Raymond where Robert's partner Judy makes this comment 'What's the matter? Got no friends?' lol

Hi, I'm a long time lurker.

I've been having problems with searching the forum - I get the error page every time I try to search for something with this information: "Search is not enabled on the community at this time" (that's why I couldn't even check if someone already wrote about similiar problems in this thread, so apologies if it's already been covered).

The same goes for accessing individual members' pages or just the list of members. The error page appears every time with this information "You do not have permission to view the member listing".

I'd be grateful for any help with these issues.