Board Issues 4

Angalin

I, too, have been having problems with search - for about two months.

Nothing I have tried at the end is able to help.

ETA The message I get is always:-

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10145]

Search is not enabled on the community at this time.

Edited by Woofless

Search is still disabled due to the issues with performance that is causes. We have turned on the other functions that were disabled before, but the board still cannot handle search.

Not as much an issue, as a question, but I figured this would be the best place to ask.

Via the mobile site, is there a way to subscribe to threads without having to post in that thread? I have only ever seen the option "subscribe to this topic" whilst typing a response to someone else's post, but I was hoping that perhaps such an option to only subscribe existed on mobile version as well, not only on desktop version.

Anyone any tips as where I should look?

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be asking too much from the board moderators that they give something like a one-sentence comment or explanation when a topic gets locked?

This procedure is often very confusing to me and it would be extremely helpful if it was clear if something is locked because of duplication, inappropriate content, wrong subforum or whatever.

Sometimes we do. Sometimes we don't.

Usually threads are locked for length. There's no point posting an explanation for that. Same with wrong forum threads. We more usually comment if a thread's been closed because it's gone off the rails due to misbehaviour: then, we might post a warning.

How do I find a thread shifted to another forum without the search function working?

I understood (after a while) the closings for length. This is not a problem.

What prompted my question was the closing of "rise of progressive values" in General chatter. While I could see some trouble down the line it was fairly short and not too quarrelsome yet and certainly started in good faith (unlike some other recent threads, e.g. by LordArryn and Quorra).

As a mod myself at another smaller (and mostly well-behaved) board I do understand that prophylactic closing might sometimes be a better option. Still, as the lock symbol is also easy to overlook and I have frequently clicked several times to repeat and wondered what I did wrong...

So I really appreciate a "closing notice" by mods.

How do I find a thread shifted to another forum without the search function working?

I understood (after a while) the closings for length. This is not a problem.

What prompted my question was the closing of "rise of progressive values" in General chatter. While I could see some trouble down the line it was fairly short and not too quarrelsome yet and certainly started in good faith (unlike some other recent threads, e.g. by LordArryn and Quorra).

As a mod myself at another smaller (and mostly well-behaved) board I do understand that prophylactic closing might sometimes be a better option. Still, as the lock symbol is also easy to overlook and I have frequently clicked several times to repeat and wondered what I did wrong...

So I really appreciate a "closing notice" by mods.

If a thread has been moved it usually remains as a title in the previous sub forum, but with an arrow instead of the blue star/circle unless I am mistaken.

Yes....Mods?

Some low-life has posted about 40 topics in the general section involving some phone number and Arabic(??) writing.

Other than one to the head, is there a solution to this asshole?

Thanks

Just report it and then ignore it, a mod will see to it when we can