Board Issues 4

Angalin

Probably brought up somewhere else. But I get an error trying to view "my content"

I have been unable to 'search' anything for a few months now.  I was hoping that this upgrade would fix it.  But still unable to do so.

The upgrade was rolled back, so no, search isn't fixed. The database is too large for what the server can handle searching. We're not even certain it will work after the upgrade, alas, but we have some other things to try.

Something I've pieced together this year is that other Invision Powered MBs seem to be at least 2 upgrades ahead.  Have you guys contacted or looked into your Invision power settings that auto-adjust to traffic surges?   

We attempted to upgrade on the 14th. See Announcements for how that went.

I am not quite sure what those settings are, btw?

• 2 weeks later...

I´ve had a strange bug in the Spam-Thread in Forum games:

I tried to put in some spoiler tags and the first ending disappeared. I needed to write it double to actually get a spoiler tag.

Example: [spoiler] ... [ / spoiler][ / spoiler]

There was also something messed up with the Editor: It looked, like I was editing a post inside my first post.

Of course I forgot to make a screenshot.

I don´t know if this is a problem on my end or not. But I thought I say something. :)

Hi, not sure if this is the right place for this, just wanted to let you know that im using a retina display on my macbook and this site's favicon looks very pixelated and blurry, unlike other sites on my favorites list. not much of an issue and it really doesn't bother me but i just wanted to let you know cause it seems like an easy fix.

Upon logging in today the format of the forum is completely changed. Looks incredibly basic and the colour scheme is blue/black/white rather than the usual orange/grey/white. Navigation is a lot harder and I'm unable to quote anyone.

Don't know if this is known or unique to me.

eta: works fine now.

Edited by The Drunkard

I've noticed that a few threads that I had subscribed to half a year ago or so, were suddenly unsubscribed, yet I didn't unsubscribe.. Did more people notice something similar?

Edit: for example, I subscribed to this thread around the time it was made (July 2014) but I am currently not listed as subscribed, and I've certainly not unsubscribed myself.

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

Upon logging in today the format of the forum is completely changed. Looks incredibly basic and the colour scheme is blue/black/white rather than the usual orange/grey/white. Navigation is a lot harder and I'm unable to quote anyone.
Don't know if this is known or unique to me.

eta: works fine now.

Assuming you don't mean the mobile skin, I occasionally get this too. Usually when I have a poor connection to the site

I've noticed that a few threads that I had subscribed to half a year ago or so, were suddenly unsubscribed, yet I didn't unsubscribe.. Did more people notice something similar?

Edit: for example, I subscribed to this thread around the time it was made (July 2014) but I am currently not listed as subscribed, and I've certainly not unsubscribed myself.

I subscribed to some threads two weeks ago, but didn't get notifications (despite I programmed it) but the ones I subscribed recently are ok now.

I'd like to see the old subscriptions  because it is very difficult to find these threads now, but I don't think it is possible...??

This is not an issue but more a suggestion. It would be great if the links on the sidebar open in a new tab/page. Sometimes, one clicks by mistake and we lost the page. At least those who don't belong to Westeros.org.

You can always right-click and open in a new tab that way

I'm glad the search is back on, but the My Content feature does not seem to be working perfectly. A couple threads I've posted in are not showing up for whatever reason. 

I just noticed the same thing. At first I thought it was because it had been more than a year ago since I had participated in the thread, but I also saw it in a recent thread, which doesn't show up despite the fact that I just posted in it..