Board Issues 4

Angalin

For as far as I can see atm, not.

A thread I first posted in some 4 or 5 days ago, does show up in my content, and I seem to recall it has done so since search was turned back on.

However, a thread I posted in yesterday for the first time, hasn´t shown up yet.

Compared to that, a thread I posted in a few months ago for the first time, doesn´t show up on the top of "my content", despite people having made a new post in it yesterday. Instead, it can be found at page 3 (for me), as if no one has made a new post in it..

Ran,

I don't know if you already did something, but the threads that didn't show up in "my content" (those that I can recall, anyway), are now visible in "my content", at the place in the list they are supposed to. :)

There was an issue with the indexer's automated runs not working right; I tweaked it this morning, so hopefully Sphinx now works in all indexing cases.

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, so got on the website today, and something popped up that I hadn't seen before regarding a "cookie policy."

It asked me to agree by clicking on the "agree" button that I would accept all cookies. I clicked on nothing because I never click on something I'm not familiar with, and came here.

Is this legit?

• 1 month later...

So, now that we're on the new forum, I have a question.. Is there any way to see the "my content" page we had before? A page where you get an overview of all topics you've both started as well as posted in? Because currently, I can only see a page in my profile where it lists all the threads I've ever started, but not the ones where I only posted in.

Is this feature lost on the new forum? Or is it still around somewhere, and I simply haven't found it yet?

Icons are an issue we're trying to get fixed. We're not sure why they are not working and have put in for support about it. They were working previously.

We'lll see about making the IPB3 version available soon.

As to notifications in general, we'll try and get them sorted out when other issues are corrected.

Icons are an issue we're trying to get fixed. We're not sure why they are not working and have put in for support about it. They were working previously.

We'lll see about making the IPB3 version available soon.

As to notifications in general, we'll try and get them sorted out when other issues are corrected.

Well, that was a quick fix! At least for me. I now receive message notifications and see the message and notification icons at the top of the screen

So, now that we're on the new forum, I have a question.. Is there any way to see the "my content" page we had before? A page where you get an overview of all topics you've both started as well as posted in? Because currently, I can only see a page in my profile where it lists all the threads I've ever started, but not the ones where I only posted in.

Is this feature lost on the new forum? Or is it still around somewhere, and I simply haven't found it yet?

You can see your latest posts by clicking the "My Activity" button in the menu that appears when you click the little arrow by your name in the upper right corner. As far as I can see it's got all the stuff that used to be in the "My content" page.

I've got an issue signing in with Google Chrome on my work computer. I signed in yesterday right after the change while I was home, also using Google Chrome, with no issues. When I press "Existing user? Sign in" at the top everything is like it should be with the menu and all showing up fine, but after entering my login-details I'm redirected to the http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/login/ page, where my login details are still showing up as entered (as in I've typed them into the required fields) but next to the fields it says "Required" in red. Regardless of whether or not I retype the details, after pressing "sign in" or Enter, I'm returned to the page I first tried to log in from - still not signed in.

Two out of maybe ten times I got a message saying I wasn't allowed to sign in because my browser did not accept cookies. I've never had that issue before, but I went into Chrome's settings and checked them. I didn't see anything about not accepting cookies from anywhere, but I entered this forum as an exception to the settings (even though I didn't find them). Nothing changed however.

I'm writing this from Firefox, where I had no trouble signing in at all. The pop-up for accepting cookies showed up when I first opened the site which did not happen in Chrome, so I'm guessing that might be the problem - I literally can't accept cookies using that browser. At least not on my work computer, at home I believe the cookie-message did show up (I didn't exactly pay attention at the time, I was too busy freaking out over the change).

You can see your latest posts by clicking the "My Activity" button in the menu that appears when you click the little arrow by your name in the upper right corner. As far as I can see it's got all the stuff that used to be in the "My content" page.

But that page doesn't show me, for example, if someone else has posted in a thread after I've posted in it. 

I did find a "New Content" button, but for some reason, that one shows a select few topics..

I have a question... Where/how can I edit my signature?

And btw, I love the new look. :)

ETA: just to provide the info... after I hit 'post', I got this msg (I thought the post hadn't gone through but it did):

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX2

Contact Us

Edited by kissdbyfire