Board Issues 4

Angalin

I have a question... Where/how can I edit my signature?

And btw, I love the new look. :)

ETA: just to provide the info... after I hit 'post', I got this msg (I thought the post hadn't gone through but it did):

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX2

Contact Us

Immediately hitting the refresh button usually loads the page perfectly

Immediately hitting the refresh button usually loads the page perfectly

As I've mentioned, I was just providing the info since it's early days and probably a lot of things will come up etc. The page did load perfectly, despite the msg. 

But that page doesn't show me, for example, if someone else has posted in a thread after I've posted in it. 

I did find a "New Content" button, but for some reason, that one shows a select few topics..

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm not sure if that function still exists. I hope it fcomes back though... the only threads I've followed have been things I've been interested in but not yet posted in ._.

Also it's like it narrowed the width in which text is shown.

Yeah, alot of screen real estate is being wasted with this new skin.

Also, there is no "go to first unread post" option which makes navigating threads, especially ones that are 10+ pages in length, a real pain.

I'm also unable to log in on the mobile version. Keep getting the error message: Your browser does not accept cookies which is required in order to log in. Checked my browser settings and cookies are enabled. Tried with both Firefox and Chrome.

The configuration error message is something we're hoping to figure out. Unfortunately something's happened with Invision and there's a big backlog of support requests, so it may take some time.

The issue with Chrome sounds familiar, I need to double-check if we've had to deal with it before and what the fix was.

But that page doesn't show me, for example, if someone else has posted in a thread after I've posted in it. 

I did find a "New Content" button, but for some reason, that one shows a select few topics..

I found it! Well, sort of. If you press the New Content button, to the left of all the threads that show up you can tick a box that says "Only items I've posted in" and a couple of more boxes under the headline "Filters". I got an error telling me to try to use search again in 6 seconds, but it worked afterwards. Not as smooth as on the old board though.

I can't access anything from my phone most of the time; keep getting an error message.

Shallow complaints:

• The side boarders are too large, they swallow most of the text.
  • The division between posts made by different people isn't very clear anymore; most of it looks like one long post, with the signatures, spoilers, quoted posts and links all mixed up in there.
  • It's not very reader-friendly.

I miss the old board. :(

Regarding the skin, there is no way to make this board look like the old board, the software was completely rewritten and the skin that the forum maker provides is much too different.

I do agree that the posts seem to float together  a bit, so I will need to see if I can find anything in the skin to fix that.

Regarding the skin, there is no way to make this board look like the old board, the software was completely rewritten and the skin that the forum maker provides is much too different.

I do agree that the posts seem to float together  a bit, so I will need to see if I can find anything in the skin to fix that.

Thanks.

I found it! Well, sort of. If you press the New Content button, to the left of all the threads that show up you can tick a box that says "Only items I've posted in" and a couple of more boxes under the headline "Filters". I got an error telling me to try to use search again in 6 seconds, but it worked afterwards. Not as smooth as on the old board though.

I got it.. Thanks! Though I only see the few threads that I've posted in since the update went online, and one that I started quite a while back, and where someone else replied to since the update went online. I don't see the others (yet).. Perhaps once someone replies to them.. Or only again after I've replied in those threads.. Time will tell :)

Is it possible to format the posts similarly to the contents page i.e. two adjacent posts cannot have the same background colour, my background can be light grey and the next guy's can be white. The contents page looks much better than the threads.