Board Issues 4

Angalin

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but checking through my activity, I noticed many of the posts imported from the old boards are truncated after the first quote. There are some replies that begin with a quote which have no other content, though I can't say whether this content's lost or just hidden because of a formatting issue. It's very reminiscent to me of a problem the Jedi Council at TheForce.Net had, still unresolved, with cut off posts after the big move from IGN. While this doesn't seem to affect new posts, I hope a solution can be found, as otherwise it's really hard to follow the discussion when (re-)reading past threads.

On a different note, does BBCode still work? I prefer using a plain text editor so I can do all the fancy coding myself--indents, which appear to be broken, and the like--but I don't see an option for that anymore. And finally, as a general suggestion, it might be helpful to sticky a post of known issues, with updates on the progress of fixes. That way people don't keep asking about the same things.

I don't care for the new look; I don't like losing the "my content" feature whereby I could check for updates in the threads I was posting to (mostly nonsense); and I really do not like losing threads from the last month or so.

On the plus side, if the melodramatic thread ever comes back, we'll have something else to be melodramatic about. (and I have most of that thread in a text file; but it's messy).

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but checking through my activity, I noticed many of the posts imported from the old boards are truncated after the first quote. There are some replies that begin with a quote which have no other content, though I can't say whether this content's lost or just hidden because of a formatting issue. It's very reminiscent to me of a problem the Jedi Council at TheForce.Net had, still unresolved, with cut off posts after the big move from IGN. While this doesn't seem to affect new posts, I hope a solution can be found, as otherwise it's really hard to follow the discussion when (re-)reading past threads.

On a different note, does BBCode still work? I prefer using a plain text editor so I can do all the fancy coding myself--indents, which appear to be broken, and the like--but I don't see an option for that anymore. And finally, as a general suggestion, it might be helpful to sticky a post of known issues, with updates on the progress of fixes. That way people don't keep asking about the same things.

I too would like the plain text editor back.

BBCode still seems to work for the most part. I did have trouble trying to use BBCode to quote a specific post (with the user who posted it and the time in the quote header, and a link back to the post, as above), although I'm not 100% confident I remembered the code correctly.

Yes, probably.

Does this also mean the lost content of earlier posts is being restored, or is that a separate issue that still needs work?

On the old forum, I checked for new comments in threads I posted in via the history on my profile.  If I went to my profile and hit "find content" (little gray button on the right) it was there.  Now when I go to my history, it only shows my own posts.  Is there a way that I can view my history by thread and be able to (as I did on the old forum) check which forum I posted in has new comments?

You can now use this page, if you set the filters on 1) All new content, 2) All items I've posted in, and 3) All results. It appears to be the exact same info that way, only now no longer linked in your profile.

You can access this page on top of each page now. The light grey bar that tells you where you are in the forums.. on the right side of that bar, you have three options "Mark this forum as read", "New content", and "more". Hit the "new content" button, and it brings you to that page.

Does this also mean the lost content of earlier posts is being restored, or is that a separate issue that still needs work?

You can now use this page, if you set the filters on 1) All new content, 2) All items I've posted in, and 3) All results. It appears to be the exact same info that way, only now no longer linked in your profile.

You can access this page on top of each page now. The light grey bar that tells you where you are in the forums.. on the right side of that bar, you have three options "Mark this forum as read", "New content", and "more". Hit the "new content" button, and it brings you to that page.

Awesome.  Thanks!

We are hoping that support will get back to us today, if not we won't know for sure until next week. They claim they managed to convert a database without data loss, though. But when we import that, we will of course lose the last days of posts here again.

We are hoping that support will get back to us today, if not we won't know for sure until next week. They claim they managed to convert a database without data loss, though. But when we import that, we will of course lose the last days of posts here again.

Yikes...still, here's hoping that goes well.

Thank you for all the hard work!

1) After we have integrated the old database with this one. We don't know when yet as we don't have that database.

2) IPB 4 is a complete rewrite from IPB 3, and the makers of it removed or changed a lot of things.

1) After we have integrated the old database with this one. We don't know when yet as we don't have that database.

2) IPB 4 is a complete rewrite from IPB 3, and the makers of it removed or changed a lot of things.

Thanks... I know how all of this is very tiresome and annoying for all of you.

I am posting this from Firefox as I am having trouble using the forum on my mobile phone's browser. I can log in on my phone. However, I cannot go to next page from within a thread - the next/previous/last etc. buttons at the bottoms of each page don't work. I also can't use the last unread post feature on my phone, or the go-to-numbered-page buttons.  I can go to the first page of each thread, and can also go to the final post in each thread and therefore to the last page, but can't use any other thread-browsing features.

I also can't reply to threads on my phone.

I use the standard Android browser.

I can't read the content of many posts that include quotes.

This content was lost in the conversion and that is why we're waiting for support to provide us a new database that we then have to integrate with the forum.

Not so much am issue as a query. Was the change in appearance tonight intentional? The change I mean is the headers for each sub forum becoming red instead of black. They also seem to be collapsible now, which either they weren't before or I didn't notice before