Board Issues 4

Angalin

Maybe the red could be muted a bit? It's very bright.

Fire and blood, my friend... Fire and blood...

The red works nice... It is good to have a nice contrast... Prior to change, forums looked like a surgical table.

I've been unable to log into the board since the change from the mobile site. Neither chrome or the built in browser on android appear to support it, complaining about cookie support not being there. Other sites have zero problems with cookies and can log in just fine, and I've verified multiple times that cookies are enabled.Ā 

Re: content restoration, apparently our massive database defies all estimates for completion of conversion to a state where we can get an export to restore data from October 13th and earlier.

They're now hoping it will be done tomorrow, butĀ  I suspect it's safest to say sometime this week.

We'll also be asking them to look into the issues for those having problems connecting on some iOs and (some) Android devices.

Also, an additional update. While we await the restoration of the October DB, we have made the old forum available again at http://forum.westeros.org. This is not being done now as an invitation for people to start copying-and-pasting material from October 13th to November 10th, but just to make sure it works. Wait on transferring anything you really want to transfer until after we restore previous data.

Edited by Ran

Also, an additional update. While we await the restoration of the October DB, we have made the old forum available again at http://forums.westeros.org. This is not being done now as an invitation for people to start copying-and-pasting material from October 13th to November 10th, but just to make sure it works. Wait on transferring anything you really want to transfer until after we restore previous data.

"Server not found". Is it "forum.westeros.org"?

I seem to have lost ~5000 posts. It's not a big deal but I'm just curious as to whether they might reappear? Sorry, if I missed a response to this question already.

Actually I really like the new appearance. It's cleaner and more modern looking.

I've seen a few posts from people about notifications/messages:

1) After turning notification settings back on for topics I follow, I thought I wasn't receiving emails, but then thought to check my spam. Gmail seems to be overzealous with the new forum in a way it wasn't with the old one. Just in case anyone else is having that particular problem.

2) In notification settings, it won't let me select to receive notifications when I receive a new message (it won't let me select either Notification List or Email). Is there something I need to do to be able to enable this?

I am finding the new layout very pretty, but still getting used to finding things, I would not be surprised if 2) is entirely my fault, but any help appreciated!

I have turned on CloudFlare's RocketLoader to see if it can safely streamline loading of javascript and such, which should provide some performance benefits. I recall using it a couple of years ago with IPB3 and it broke a number of things, but I figured we'd give it another try now to see how it performs. If you see any problems, let me know.

Hey Kal -- that is a known problem. Which Android and browser versionĀ are you using? (FWIW, I have no problems logging into the forum with my Android phone using Chrome)

I'm using Android 5.1.1, latest version of chrome. Happens on both chrome and the other browser.