Board Issues 4

Angalin

Just an FYI. I'm not sure if you actually have any control over this, but my tapatalk feed is all messed up since you got it loaded back. The topic header and displayed partial post aren't correct for the thread that pulls up. For example It will show a post title such as "Is Modesty a trait you value" but if I open it it's Heresy 180. Just strange. 

Just an FYI. I'm not sure if you actually have any control over this, but my tapatalk feed is all messed up since you got it loaded back. The topic header and displayed partial post aren't correct for the thread that pulls up. For example It will show a post title such as "Is Modesty a trait you value" but if I open it it's Heresy 180. Just strange. 

Hilarious juxtaposition there. I mean... really.  Did you do that on purpose? :lmao:Modesty? Heresy? Bwah ha ha ha  

(sorry to derail but I could not resist...)

Hilarious juxtaposition there. I mean... really.  Did you do that on purpose? :lmao:Modesty? Heresy? Bwah ha ha ha  

Come on, this cannot be reasonable.

"Removing all options, make everything bigger" can't be seen as an improvement.

One needs to preview and edit a post. It's not possible under this new version. This can't be considered a minor issue.

If this is the default of this engine gone nuts I'd advise using some forum engine that is not so broken. They are all better than THIS: XenForo, vBulletin, Simple Machines.

If instead it's a configuration thing, PLEASE enable again options, ability to preview posts, and edit them properly.

Edited by Gormenghast

Wish that I could say that I did. That was actually a true life example. I couldn't figure out why it had me following a thread that I had never heard of. When I opened it up it was heresy :dunno:

ETA: Thanks, Ran!

We're going to be fixing that. Just been dealing with other issues in an orderly fashion.

We're going to be fixing that. Just been dealing with other issues in an orderly fashion.

The post count, status update and notification issue all have been solved.

Tacking each issue one by one is working great :thumbsup:

Edited by Swordofmorning

A couple of things on notifications... I'm still not getting them. I receive a few but not all I should be receiving, and I have no idea why. Is there anything I can do? I tried turning all notifications off then back on, and nothing changed.

And gmail is doing the same as someone else mentioned, the few notifications I do get go to spam even though I've already 'told' gmail it's not spam and added the address to my contacts. 

I can see that you don't actually have those options on, though. If you go to http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/notifications/options/, you'll want to turn on the appropriate settings for "I receive a message" and "Someone comments on something I follow", respectively.

I recommend everyone having notification issues double check their settings. It's a lot more fine-grained and detailed now.

Which notification types aren't arriving?

As to the other thing, that's really a Gmail issue. Not sure we can do anything about it.

Yeah, I thought it was really a gmail thing, just brought it up b/c someone else experienced the same issue and I just thought it was odd. 

As to the notifications, I used to receive an e-mail for each new topic (forums/sub forums I follow), an e-mail when someone quoted me, and an e-mail for each post n topics I follow. Now I don't receive for posts, I sometimes receive when I'm quoted but not always, and again sometimes receive for new topics but not always. 

Another thing I meant to ask is, my account is (was?) linked to Twitter. Just b/c I'm lazy, and it was easier and faster. When I tried tweaking with my notifications settings, I saw an option to change my password or something. Does that mean I can now have a password here that is independent from Twitter? 

I believe so, yes, re: password.

I think the other issues may possibly be something with our email system, if you get some emails some of the time. That said, have you also selected the option of just a notification? Do you get those properly?

I believe so, yes, re: password.

I think the other issues may possibly be something with our email system, if you get some emails some of the time. That said, have you also selected the option of just a notification? Do you get those properly?

Oh cool, I'll try to set a password then. 

I tried different things with the notifications; one of those things was turning the ones here on and off to see if I'd at least get those, but no luck. The last time I changed the notifications a few days ago, I turned them off (I wasn't getting them anyway). and I was still trying to get the e-mail ones. 

Gmail seem to always give the following message on emails from the board:

"Why is this message in Spam? It is in violation of Google's recommended email sender guidelines."

As far as I can tell, without changes to the settings on the mail sender, this will always go to spam, no matter whether the email address is in the safe sender list or how many times the person receiving the email marks it as not spam. I don't know if anyone more technical on me can advise on any way to make gmail stop doing this from my end? 

But there's also good news! The receive notifications when I receive a message option is no longer greyed out, woo! So hopefully I'll start receiving emails for messages now, I'll just have to remember to check my spam :)

Edited by TitanCat
also good news