Board Issues 4

Angalin

I would like to say that right now I don't like the new forum, but I will continue to try to adapt.

My criticisms:

I just spent the last five minutes trying to quote another poster. But because I messed up the first time, when I went back in it had saved what I was trying to write but it was also adding another quote over the previous one.

Another time I quoted the wrong post. No idea how that happened. And someone quoted me accidentally, too.

And I'll add my voice to those who don't like that gifs and big pictures can be posted now.

One more thing: I also am not a fan of the new colors. I liked the background around the thread area, but I find it more difficult to find a thread just by looking on the list, because of the new colors.

Whenever I post in a topic, a gap of a line is created between words or even letters. It is fine when i am typing but after I submit the post the gap is created.

Like in this post -b866f1dd9051384f9e43308a07cc760b.jpg

There appears to be a gap of a line between "bu and t".

Is it just becoz i am operating the forum on a mobile?

I believe one of my threads may have been deleted. I'm not sure if this is a result of the changing of the board, or whether a member deleted it. It was only created yesterday and disappeared a few hours ago, so I am unsure of what changes may have taken place in that time.

As far as I know, it was the only thread that disappeared.

Edited by Maelys I Blackfyre

I believe one of my threads may have been deleted. I'm not sure if this is a result of the changing of the board, or whether a member deleted it. It was only created yesterday and disappeared a few hours ago, so I am unsure of what changes may have taken place in that time.

As far as I know, it was the only thread that disappeared.

I'm sure there was a thread by the name of "Unnecessary violence" that was made three or four days ago and it was wipped off from face of Earth as well.And it was in the same day/the next day it was made, IIRC. I think it was just a mod who did it...

Edited by 7-KG
Spelling.

So, i have this issue: When some poster makes a post in a day and he gets out of the board, when i pass the mouse over the pic of the user, it says: "Last visited Monday/Sunday", despite him/her having only posted some minutes ago...

I'm sure there was a thread by the name of "Unnecessary violence" that was made three or four days earlier and was wipped off from face of Earth as well.And it was in the same day/the next day it was made, IIRC. I think it was just a mod who did it...

If that's the case then perhaps whoever the mod was, isn't the best choice. It's one thing to lock a topic if it gets unruly or the conversation steers away from its course. To delete one entirely is just sad. I'd really hope that this isn't the case.

Edited by Maelys I Blackfyre

If that's the case then perhaps whoever the mod was, isn't the best choice. It's one thing to lock a topic if it gets unruly or the conversation steers away from its course. To delete one entirely is just sad. I'd really hope that this isn't the case.

Do you remember how the thread course turned out to be? Btw, i can see why it's sad.The only thread i've ever did that i got proud of got erased from the board. :( 

Do you remember how the thread course turned out to be? Btw, i can see why it's sad.The only thread i've ever did that i got proud of got erased from the board. :( 

It was quite a civil discussion, to be honest. The funny thing is, I still have a tab opened on the thread since before it was deleted. So I can read the posts on it.

That's weird.You don't get this error when you open the page?

No, because I had the tab open in the thread before it was deleted. When I try to copy and paste the URL into a different tab, it won't let me see it.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/135823-university-announces-it-will-not-mark-international-mens-day-after-the-suicide-of-a-student/&page=2#comment-7361201